• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever suffered sexual abuse?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The first - perhaps we gain from the experiences of others, no matter how painful, such that we can learn or empathise with them and what they might have gone through. Not noticed the accounts of others who have written books concerning their abuse or have publicly remarked about such? Do we have to leave it to 'celebrities' or such? There are many forums on the internet where people do reveal quite personal information. Presumably they are aware of who might read this. Some are no doubt better than others in avoiding any possible problems arising from this.

The second - perhaps anyone replying has the capacity to decide for themselves as to what they disclose. And no, he is not ignorant for posing such a question. Perhaps a warning might be given though as to the lack of confidentiality and the responsibility for such disclosures.
I wish I could give you two winner ratings.

It was much better said than I could do.

Some people here like to bash my honesty and openness because they are afraid to share the things they dislike about themselves.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I wish I could give you two winner ratings.

It was much better said than I could do.

Some people here like to bash my honesty and openness because they are afraid to share the things they dislike about themselves.

Not me matey. :D I appreciate all who are open about their lives - a lot better than keeping things to oneself. :D Carry on as normal.

The Anointed

Technically I have but it wasn't that bad. I had a guy drive me to work, get me stoned, and massage my leg and grab my crotch without permission. I pushed his hand away.

It traumatized me for a day and then I got over it.

In prison I had my crotch punched and my behind grabbed, and someone whipped out their penis and touched my ear with it, but it didn't leave any lasting scars.

However, my heart really breaks for anyone who has unconsensually been penetrated by a penis. I would rather die.

That has to be an icky feeling that doesn't go away, and must leave a person with a lot of shame.

I'm deeply disturbed by that happening to children because I value Innocence, and long for the innocence I had as a young child, and it really disturbs me that some people rob children of that.

You don't have to go into details about what happened, but if you have been abused in such a way, what ways did it affect you mentally and emotionally?

Do you feel you have fully healed from the trauma?

Have I ever suffered sexual abuse? Yes! When I was young, but it was all self inflicted.