• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EVE! Legendary heroine of Humanity!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
GOD does not tell anyone to kill. That was the misunderstandings of GOD's sent ones that could not get to HIS height of Communication and frequency, so their interpretations were imperfect...
But didn't God order or condone all kinds of carnage and genocide, Murdering men, women, children and even livestock?

Yahcubs777

But didn't God order or condone all kinds of carnage and genocide, Murdering men, women, children and even livestock?

Again, GOD did not order that Man should kill any. These were misinterpretations. Killing was called a sin. How is it any different GOD ordering the deaths of any, than a high priest in the occult doing it? They were supposed to kill the mortal nature in their own body by eating the WORD of GOD into their Spirit Being to immortalise their body in life by GODs Gene. An example of a misinterpretation is when Joshua thought GOD said that there is still more lands to possess, but what GOD told him is that there is till more Zoe cell needed to hatch in his body.

Neuropteron

See 3:22-23 for the only reasons God gives for their expulsion. No part of the Garden story says otherwise.

Back in the mainstream, in your view is it GOOD or is it BAD that humans have knowledge of good and evil, can tell right from wrong, are capable of being wise?

This is an excellent question.

It is bad if we decide what is good and bad for ourselves, instead of accepting God's view.

Satan gave Adam and Eve the option to decide for themselves what was right and wrong, this was not a gift that lead to mankind happiness as we clearly can see.

The gift of discernment, wisdom and ability to choose for ourselve what is right and wrong offered by Satan has led manking to misery and pain, this is because mankind -as God's creation- has not the ability to rule itself apart from His direction or to reject Godly wisdom and to replace it with imperfect human wisdom.

Yahcubs777

It doesn't read that way to me, nor can I think of any reason why it should, given that Jewish theology doesn't hold with the notion of "original sin" anyway. It's my understanding that the law and the Law are very much the same thing in the Tanakh.
But of course the Garden story says nothing of the kind, never mentions sin, original sin, the Fall of Man, death entering the world, spiritual death, the need for a redeemer ─ not a breath, not a whisper of any kind. Adam and Eve are expelled from the Garden for reasons that have nothing to do with sin ─ see God's reasons at Genesis 3:22-23.
It is not Christians but God who judges Adam and Eve. The scriptures testifies to that sufficiently. I don't recall any part of the Tanakh that says Adam or Eve sinned. And of course the NT is a novel and completely distinct theology.

But the Garden story does no such thing. See 3:22-23 for the only reasons God gives for their expulsion. No part of the Garden story says otherwise.

Back in the mainstream, in your view is it GOOD or is it BAD that humans have knowledge of good and evil, can tell right from wrong, are capable of being wise?

How does Genesis 3:22-23 agree with Genesis 1:26-27 ?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is an excellent question.

It is bad if we decide what is good and bad for ourselves, instead of accepting God's view.
If the bible is our source for determining what God, [his] morals a lot of the time are barbaric. Or put it this way: God according to the bible favors invasive wars and land grabs, massacres of populations, mass rapes, human sacrifice, slavery, women as property, murderous religious intolerance, and so on. And I do not.

Do you?
Satan gave Adam and Eve the option to decide for themselves what was right and wrong, this was not a gift that lead to mankind happiness as we clearly can see.
Satan is nowhere to be seen in the Garden story. The snake is not Satan. Nor does he tell any lies or practice any deceits. He tells it like it is.
The gift of discernment, wisdom and ability to choose for ourselve what is right and wrong offered by Satan has led manking to misery and pain
So God doesn't want humans to have freedom of choice, you say? Freedom of choice is evil, you say?

Speaking for myself, I rather like it. It allows me to disagree with God about the things I mentioned above, for instance.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How does Genesis 3:22-23 agree with Genesis 1:26-27 ?
There's no problem. Nothing given in Genesis 1:26-27 is taken away by Genesis 3:22-23. As I said to Thomas, you can go out right now and personally catch a fish, eat a chicken or a steak, &c, and so can people all over the world.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
In the Garden story, God creates Adam, puts him in the Garden, points to “the tree of the knowledge of good and evil” [the ‘Tree’], and says to Adam “of the [Tree] you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall die” (Genesis 2:17).

A bit later God takes a rib from Adam and “made [it] into a woman and brought her to the man.”

Next, Eve says to the snake, “God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the [Tree] [...] neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’ ” (3:3).

The snake replies – completely truthfully – “You will not die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good from evil.” (3:5)

“So when the woman saw that [...] the [Tree] was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate.” (3:6).

And she gave some to Adam too.

“Then the eyes of both were opened.” (3:7).

And after that they were both able to distinguish good from evil.

Christians blame Eve for the Fall. They say she and Adam sinned. (Nothing of the kind is in the Garden story, and sin's impossible for people who are denied knowledge of good and evil, and Ezekiel 18:20 says unequivocally that sin isn’t inheritable. But leave that aside.)

This is the point.

Isn’t it an extremely good thing that Eve is said to have done? Shouldn't we hold her legend in the highest regard, since we, like Eve, think it’s extremely good to be wise?

Shouldn’t we have statues and images of Eve in all our churches and public spaces as a symbol of Human Wisdom?

Something we often seem not to have enough of?

we are of similar line of thought....however
to place the tree of knowledge within reach and then say......no....do not partake
is an obvious ploy of test

Eve passed the test
she had the spirit of curiosity.....the desire to know
even if death is a pending consequence

serpent is a note of character....not form
and the devil came to undo the formation of Man
to render him blind to life after death
it was reverse argument.....calling God a liar
and it failed

Eve may have listened to the Serpent......but did what God had hoped

and then when Adam came to see what she had done....!!!!!......omg!!!!

it is likely he paced back and forth as Eve threw "apples" at him

he had to partake to understand

the deed was dealt .....the spirit of curiosty had taken hold
the garden had served its' purpose and was dismantled

getting tossed out into the environment would seem a punishment
but .....no

just getting on to the natural scheme of things....of life
including death

Yahcubs777

There's no problem. Nothing given in Genesis 1:26-27 is taken away by Genesis 3:22-23. As I said to Thomas, you can go out right now and personally catch a fish, eat a chicken or a steak, &c, and so can people all over the world.

Ofc it takes away from it. How is Man like GOD in the fall, when Man was like GOD when HE was made? Is GOD in a fallen state?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ofc it takes away from it. How is Man like GOD in the fall, when Man was like GOD when HE was made? Is GOD in a fallen state?
Man tells lies, God tells lies (1 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 18; Jeremiah 4; Jeremiah 20:7; Ezekiel 14:9; 2 Thessalonians 2:11). Man creates evil, God creates evil (1 Samuel 16:14; Isaiah 45:7; Amos 3:6); Man kills, God kills (passim, including the Flood and Jesus); and Man sometimes gets it right too.

Yahcubs777

Man tells lies, God tells lies (1 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 18; Jeremiah 4; Jeremiah 20:7; Ezekiel 14:9; 2 Thessalonians 2:11). Man creates evil, God creates evil (1 Samuel 16:14; Isaiah 45:7; Amos 3:6); Man kills, God kills (passim, including the Flood and Jesus); and Man sometimes gets it right too.

No, GOD Cannot tell lies, and Man is not the model for lying. As Jesus His Pre-Eminence said: The devil is the liar and the murderer from the beginning.

Proof?
When GOD asked Man after he had fallen did they eat from that fruit (which is a blasphemy against the Most holy Character and abilities of GOD), they did not lie. They said what happened as it happened.

The issue has been that the people that put the bible together were not called, led or sent to do so! And they planted ticking time bombs in the Word, lies and blasphemies in the bible. They wrote that Man became like GOD in the fall. And apparently HE confessed it to nobody... Who is HE talking to? Someone just overheard HIM say it to HIMSELF? And who is "one of us"? This is the nonsense that makes people think that GOD speaks to HIMSELF as GOD the Father teaching GOD the Most Holy Spirit what to say.... So they said being born agian is GOD living in you and the Most Holy Spirit will help you pray..... NONSENSE.

Man was made in HIS image after HIS likeness. Male and female HE made them. That is it that sealed it. The ones that said that now Man has become like one of us is the liar, and that was planted in there to make GOD look like an enemy. They have songs like: There is no one like you, GOD, who is like unto you GOD? Father Adam, is like GOD. Father Adam born from the Most Holy Spiriit of GOD, whose body was coupled by the Most Holy Hands of GOD in HIS image and after HIS likeness did NOT become like GOD in the fall.

GOD IS NOT IN A FALLEN STATE. LIES! GOD does not know evil...

Proof:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This is the All knowing GOD speaking that can't tell a lie.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, GOD Cannot tell lies, and Man is not the model for lying.
I was careful to give you the references ─ the bible says God tells lies. If you want to contradict the bible, just say so and no one can argue.
As Jesus His Pre-Eminence said: The devil is the liar and the murderer from the beginning.
That's the author of John at his antisemitic best. It doesn't alter what I gave you.
Didn't you read the references I gave you? Contradicting me is your right, but please do me the courtesy of understanding what I've told you first.
When GOD asked Man after he had fallen
There's no mention of the Fall of Man in the Garden story, no mention of sin, original sin, spiritual death, death entering the world , the need for a redeemer, NOTHING of the kind at all.

I'm getting the impression you don't read your own texts.

Yahcubs777

I was careful to give you the references ─ the bible says God tells lies. If you want to contradict the bible, just say so and no one can argue.
That's the author of John at his antisemitic best. It doesn't alter what I gave you.
Didn't you read the references I gave you? Contradicting me is your right, but please do me the courtesy of understanding what I've told you first.
There's no mention of the Fall of Man in the Garden story, no mention of sin, original sin, spiritual death, death entering the world , the need for a redeemer, NOTHING of the kind at all.

Proof was what i showed you, not asking you for proof. If you reject the 4 gospels of the NT, then what can be said? Is it your opinion that the Prophets; the Law (Moses) and the Prophets, got everything 100% correct? If it was so, then why would another have to come? For example: If Moses was 100% accurate, what need is there for anyone else to be sent? They would just take what Moses said and thats it. Same with the Prophets. But both Prophesied that one would be sent to restore all things, to finish the job, and christians believed that was Jesus His Pre-Eminence. But it is not, it is Elijah. So if you choose to reject John, who was called the Beloved, then you have rejected the Prophet. For John was in the tabernacle of the Prophet.

Truly, there was nothing written saying Man fell, I agree. And that has been an issue. They didn't record what actually happened; because if they did how would they feast on the sheep that have been deceived? They don't want the children of the kingdom to know what happened. The one that is to come, did not need to rely on the bible to teach the people. For he hears from GOD directly, and leads the church into all truth. And that is Elijah who the Jews rejected even. Why didn't the Jews see Elijah as that person Moses spoke of? Because they preferred to followed after false prophets.

I am not contradicting you, i am saying what was written is not right. It is not in agreement with the All knowing, All loving, All seeing Characteristics of the GOD. It does not agree with anything. Answer me this.....

How can the Serpent have known what the tree would do? GOD said Man would die not that he would now be like HIM.... So what makes you think what they wrote in Genesis: 3:22 is what GOD actually said? Moses truly lifted up the serpent in his genesis story. He made GOD look like an enemy and a liar, and the serpent look like the truthful one who was the helper. That is why you could even make such a post as this. But Moses Genesis story is not accurate; and it is being corrected today. That is why i can say this boldly, and even highlight it for you to look at.

Yahcubs777

Indeed, because what is born of GOD cannot sin. That idea of original sin is from christians. They said it was because of disobedience, because they don't know mortality is the issue and was the result of eating that fruit.

Last edited: