• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory

Skwim

Veteran Member
"KANSAS CITY, KS—As the debate over the teaching of evolution in public schools continues, a new controversy over the science curriculum arose Monday in this embattled Midwestern state. Scientists from the Evangelical Center For Faith-Based Reasoning are now asserting that the long-held "theory of gravity" is flawed, and they have responded to it with a new theory of Intelligent Falling.

The ECFR, in conjunction with the Christian Coalition and other Christian conservative action groups, is calling for public-school curriculums to give equal time to the Intelligent Falling theory. They insist they are not asking that the theory of gravity be banned from schools, but only that students be offered both sides of the issue "so they can make an informed decision."
source

So, think this is just a diversionary tactic to take the heat off their scam to get ID into public school science classes?

A

angellous_evangellous

More stupid fun with evangelicals.

What the hell is an "evangelical scientist?" Some titles should be sacred, I think. What if "scientist" was protected like impersonating a lawyer or a doctor or a police officer?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
So, think this is just a diversionary tactic to take the heat off their scam to get ID into public school science classes?

Although The Onion piece is a joke, jokes have a way of now and then being prophetic. I live in the same town as Focus on the Family, and I occasionally read their press releases. Some of their notions seem not too long of a shot from denying gravity.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
"KANSAS CITY, KS—As the debate over the teaching of evolution in public schools continues, a new controversy over the science curriculum arose Monday in this embattled Midwestern state. Scientists from the Evangelical Center For Faith-Based Reasoning are now asserting that the long-held "theory of gravity" is flawed, and they have responded to it with a new theory of Intelligent Falling.

The ECFR, in conjunction with the Christian Coalition and other Christian conservative action groups, is calling for public-school curriculums to give equal time to the Intelligent Falling theory. They insist they are not asking that the theory of gravity be banned from schools, but only that students be offered both sides of the issue "so they can make an informed decision."
source

Yup. And I shall warn you, the real greatest threat to all of existence are bears. You can't trust them, and you should run in terror at the sight of one. Colbert told me so.:foot:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Bears are soulless, godless, rampaging killing machines. They are on the list of things that will kill you. They are Satan's minions and the TRUE symbol of evil. Once believed to be the work of dragons, Bears (like purple donkeys) enjoy running around the woods molesting and raping innocent people and squids. For years now, ravenous bears have had free reign to use our woods as their personal latrine, protected by their "endangered" status. Now the government is wisely considering ending the grizzlies' special treatment in order to protect our honey jars and Paddington Station. Bears' strong vitality and resilience makes them one of mother nature's nearly unkillable animals. A bear has never been downed by any less than five gunshots. Combinations of high explosives, assault weapons, and trebuchets have been known to only **** the bear off. Why can man-kind put a man on the moon, but not invent a weapon that can take down Big-Yogi over there?-->
Source

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Stig and all this tricking.

Curse you Onion. I fell for it.

Scientists from the Evangelical Center For Faith-Based Reasoning.

LOL. Now why is that believable.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Stig and all this tricking.

Curse you Onion. I fell for it.

LOL. Now why is that believable.
Could be that we've become acquainted with creationist organizations like
Arizona Origin Science Assoc. (AOSA)
Home

Science Partners
Enroll now for 2013-14 Science Classes! - Home

Design Science Association
Design Science Association

Institute for Scientific & Biblical Research
isbr

Lutheran Science Institute, Inc.
Lutheran Science Institute
whose names suggest a illegitimacy they don't deserve.

And isn't it amusing that they trade on a enterprise (science) which they don't resemble in the least. Gee, you don't suppose these good Christian organizations are trying to dupe the innocent do you? Nah, :rolleyes:

freethinker44

Yup. And I shall warn you, the real greatest threat to all of existence are bears. You can't trust them, and you should run in terror at the sight of one. Colbert told me so.:foot:

Yeah, no kidding.

75713.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This paragraph didn't tip some off?
"Anti-falling physicists have been theorizing for decades about the 'electromagnetic force,' the 'weak nuclear force,' the 'strong nuclear force,' and so-called 'force of gravity,'" Burdett said. "And they tilt their findings toward trying to unite them into one force. But readers of the Bible have already known for millennia what this one, unified force is: His name is Jesus."