• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EU Elections 2019

Altfish

Veteran Member
The Remoaners are the puppets of the EU. They act like Apologist Dhimmies.
Back to insults.
Again, I ask, what is it you will be able to do that you can't do today when we leave?
And check your facts about 'unelected people' because our Civil Service is not elected.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Back to insults.
Again, I ask, what is it you will be able to do that you can't do today when we leave?
And check your facts about 'unelected people' because our Civil Service is not elected.

Britain will be able to say: I am not ruled by the Fourth Reich any more.
Isn't that a valid reason?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Back to insults.

Not an insult, just an inconvenient truth.

Already answered.

Unelected Olly was given much more power than the elected Brexit secretary ever was.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
But with added checks at borders, no free healthcare

Travel will not be as easy post Brexit
Italy is a net contributor...so it is irrelevant to us whether Btitain stays or not.
The Swiss don't have any travel limitations in Europe..so...why should the British have them?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Italy is a net contributor...so it is irrelevant to us whether Btitain stays or not.
The Swiss don't have any travel limitations in Europe..so...why should the British have them?
If you are a net contributer it is irrelevant; the money is made from the free trade deals.
All members of the EU profit from its existence.

And what is it you are unable to do that you'll be able to do when we leave?

I live in Asia, so not much really :D

Wasn't really my point though. Policies like the Euro, and free movement of people combined with rapid expansion into Eastern Europe were terrible ideas, pursued for ideological reasons above all. The latter has already lost them one major member, the former devastated the economies of Greece particularly, but not solely.

The EU and Europhiles still think that 'ever closer union' (i.e. the expansion of transnational governance) is a good policy to pursue, even though this certainly does not reflect the will of the people and is one of the primary causes of the rise of the far right.

It will also ultimately cause the further break up of the EU; the preference of ideology over reality tends not to work as intended after all.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I live in Asia, so not much really :D

Wasn't really my point though. Policies like the Euro, and free movement of people combined with rapid expansion into Eastern Europe were terrible ideas, pursued for ideological reasons above all. The latter has already lost them one major member, the former devastated the economies of Greece particularly, but not solely.

The EU and Europhiles still think that 'ever closer union' (i.e. the expansion of transnational governance) is a good policy to pursue, even though this certainly does not reflect the will of the people and is one of the primary causes of the rise of the far right.

It will also ultimately cause the further break up of the EU; the preference of ideology over reality tends not to work as intended after all.
The UK is not in the Euro.
I'm not a Europhile, I just think we are better off in than out - by quite a distance.
There are many things that need changing but I could say exactly the same about the UK, in fact I'd say we need more changes.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Are you saying it will be more difficult to carry out those changes that you desire once we take back control?
Yes, because no one has told us what changes we want.

Also, if we still want to trade with Europe we will still have to meet all their standards but have no influence over those standards.
If we want to trade with the uS we will have to lower our food standards.