• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ethnic Biography Paper

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I've got to write an ethnic biography paper about myself and then about another person too. Who wants to be the person I interview?? It will only be questions like what is your

religion
race/ethnic affiliation
social class
talents/exceptionalities

I have to interview someone about those things. Who wants it?

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I can answer here, PM, or email. UP to you, I'm not busy for the next few hours so I'm happy to help you with your school.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I can answer here, PM, or email. UP to you, I'm not busy for the next few hours so I'm happy to help you with your school.

Okay. :D

Here's the questions. I don't think it will take long. I hope it doesn't. I've got class in a half an hour. :D

What is your

religion
talents/exceptionalities

and then, which of the things in the list is the most important to you? (and why?)

which of the things is less important? (and why?)

and then I need to describe 2 things that distinguish the two of us culturally, which might be answered by the previous questions.

and then I need to know if these differenences do or could cause conflict between us and how we could work to resolve these conflicts.

That's it. :D

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
What is your

race/ethnic affiliation: mostly white with some Native American
social class: middle
religion: Monism
talents/exceptionalities: writing

and then, which of the things in the list is the most important to you? (and why?) I guess social class for it dictates how I live and whom I live with, etc...

which of the things is less important? (and why?) I guess gender... For I can see a bigger difference with age gaps and some race issues (depending on the person). Gender has never stopped one from being a friend to me, nor I to them. Yet, I could not be friends (per se) with a 12 year old; nor a friend to somebody who has issues with my race, etc... :)

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Oh... and I don't remember either of your names... :( Is it okay if I use just your first name in my paper?

Brian, yes you may use it and whatever else you need.

As for cultural differences between us: age, gender, and religion are different I'm sure. Possibly social class and race. Shouldn't be too hard to list those out and something like "talking about differences for better understanding leads to resolved issues that might occur...." bla bla bla. :) Ah, the joys of school! How I don't miss it at all!

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Brian, yes you may use it and whatever else you need.

As for cultural differences between us: age, gender, and religion are different I'm sure. Possibly social class and race. Shouldn't be too hard to list those out and something like "talking about differences for better understanding leads to resolved issues that might occur...." bla bla bla. :) Ah, the joys of school! How I don't miss it at all!

Brian is my dad's name. :D

:D I try to enjoy school, because I feel being able to still be young and stupid is better than being completely responsible for all of the adult things... It's scary turning into a grown up.

Anyway, thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions. :D

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
What is your

race/ethnic affiliation
Jewish, family arrived from Russia to Israel 6 generations ago, but carry a German surname, grandfather was born in Poland, father was born in Casablanca
male
social class
middle class
non religious
talents/exceptionalities
getting close to finishing an archaeology degree

and then, which of the things in the list is the most important to you? (and why?)
talents/exceptionalities. because it reflects who I am, as it springs out of my own genuine interest and passion.
which of the things is less important? (and why?)
more or less all apart from exceptionalities.

and then I need to describe 2 things that distinguish the two of us culturally, which might be answered by the previous questions.

and then I need to know if these differenences do or could cause conflict between us and how we could work to resolve these conflicts.

That's it. :D
I suppose this is for you?

Oh and my name is Dan.

Last edited: