• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESP / Psychic Phenomena

The Crimson Universe

Did you ever have any psychic experiences in your life?
or
Do you know someone close to you who had such experiences?

If so, could you please share it here.
Even something as small as telepathy or precognition would do.
:=)

=============

Years ago something weird happened to me. Not sure if it was a real psychic phenomena. But if you're interested you can read it below-

There's this psychic ability called "remote viewing" (if im not wrong, its almost like clairvoyance where a person tries to see distant objects or places in the universe in their mind's eye, whether they're different planets or other parts of the earth).

Then there's the spiritual technique of travelling through a golden tunnel using our mind, and this is probably used by people who are into past life regression.

As far as i know, practitioners of remote viewing don't use the tunnel technique to see what's taking place on other parts of the universe. Atleast in the Remote Viewing articles i've gone through, there's no mention of travelling thru a tunnel.

I'm no psychic or expert in these fields but many years ago i was willing to try it for the first time, by combining these two techniques, just for fun.
So one day, i decided to sit in an upright, cross legged position, with my eyes closed and tried to visualize a golden tunnel. My main goal was to "remote view" the moon. I knew i wasn't going to succeed anyway, after all i'm no psychic nor was i trained by the secret military unit. lol

Anyway, no matter how hard i tried to imagine a golden tunnel, i only ended up creating a black smokey tunnel and while i pictured myself travelling thru it, expecting to find the lunar surface on the other end of the tunnel ... a face (all of a sudden) showed up in my mind's eye. It was the face of a Grey alien, with large almond shaped black eyes. I wasn't even thinking about this creature nor was i expecting to see the alien face.
But there it was.

I was a little scared and so i opened my eyes and gave up what i was doing. Later it occured to me, that MAYBE, they don't want me to spy on the lunar surface.
(i.e. if i actually managed to do it right, then they probably became aware of my presence and simply stopped me from seeing what's taking place on the moon.) After that i didn't practice it anymore.

Maybe its just a random image of an alien that popped up in my mind's eye (even though i wasn't thinking about any aliens during the RV session) or maybe something actually happened. Who knows. Let me know what you think about it. :=)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I had a sort of OBE, but instead of seeing myself, I saw the world at a distance, focusing on a triangle over the West Coast.

I've also "seen" a large singular eye looking at me.

Then there was the time I saw a flash of bright light and it burned the image of my Avatar into my mind as well.

Not sure I'd classify this as psychic phenomenon though.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I'm a psychic medium (HSP with the Four Clairs), and I've shared my experiences in other threads. I don't have the time to share my stories in this thread right now because I'm about to leave my in-laws' house in Arkansas and travel home to Texas. I can post later about my experiences in this thread, if the OP asks me to. I actually have a lot of stories to share.

The Crimson Universe

I had a sort of OBE, but instead of seeing myself, I saw the world at a distance, focusing on a triangle over the West Coast.

I've also "seen" a large singular eye looking at me.

Then there was the time I saw a flash of bright light and it burned the image of my Avatar into my mind as well.

Not sure I'd classify this as psychic phenomenon though.

What did this eye look like?
Since you mentioned a triangle before, could it be, that this eye you saw, is the all-seeing-eye of God represented in a triangle?

The Crimson Universe

I'm a psychic medium (HSP with the Four Clairs), and I've shared my experiences in other threads. I don't have the time to share my stories in this thread right now because I'm about to leave my in-laws' house in Arkansas and travel home to Texas. I can post later about my experiences in this thread, if the OP asks me to. I actually have a lot of stories to share.

It will be a pleasure to know about your experiences. You can post here anytime. :=)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
What did this eye look like?
Since you mentioned a triangle before, could it be, that this eye you saw, is the all-seeing-eye of God represented in a triangle?

Like... An... Eye?
macro-eye-eyes-blue-portrait-face-royalty-free-thumbnail.jpg

Get rid of the eye lashes and skin colouring.

And it's the eye of the Allfather, Wodan.

That triangle was probably triangulating something, but I never looked into it :).

1509121579-deathly-hallows-sign.jpg

I know this is an HP thing. But it also looks like the eye of the Allfather surrounded by 3 parts of the Soul, body/mind/spirit.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Did you ever have any psychic experiences in your life?
or
Do you know someone close to you who had such experiences?

If so, could you please share it here.
Even something as small as telepathy or precognition would do.
:=)

=============

Years ago something weird happened to me. Not sure if it was a real psychic phenomena. But if you're interested you can read it below-

There's this psychic ability called "remote viewing" (if im not wrong, its almost like clairvoyance where a person tries to see distant objects or places in the universe in their mind's eye, whether they're different planets or other parts of the earth).

Then there's the spiritual technique of travelling through a golden tunnel using our mind, and this is probably used by people who are into past life regression.

As far as i know, practitioners of remote viewing don't use the tunnel technique to see what's taking place on other parts of the universe. Atleast in the Remote Viewing articles i've gone through, there's no mention of travelling thru a tunnel.

I'm no psychic or expert in these fields but many years ago i was willing to try it for the first time, by combining these two techniques, just for fun.
So one day, i decided to sit in an upright, cross legged position, with my eyes closed and tried to visualize a golden tunnel. My main goal was to "remote view" the moon. I knew i wasn't going to succeed anyway, after all i'm no psychic nor was i trained by the secret military unit. lol

Anyway, no matter how hard i tried to imagine a golden tunnel, i only ended up creating a black smokey tunnel and while i pictured myself travelling thru it, expecting to find the lunar surface on the other end of the tunnel ... a face (all of a sudden) showed up in my mind's eye. It was the face of a Grey alien, with large almond shaped black eyes. I wasn't even thinking about this creature nor was i expecting to see the alien face.
But there it was.

I was a little scared and so i opened my eyes and gave up what i was doing. Later it occured to me, that MAYBE, they don't want me to spy on the lunar surface.
(i.e. if i actually managed to do it right, then they probably became aware of my presence and simply stopped me from seeing what's taking place on the moon.) After that i didn't practice it anymore.

Maybe its just a random image of an alien that popped up in my mind's eye (even though i wasn't thinking about any aliens during the RV session) or maybe something actually happened. Who knows. Let me know what you think about it. :=)
I once did a perfect streak on a 32 cards deck.
Well, I got 4 or 5 correct, but we noticed that I had the colours (red / black) 100% correct. Later I learned more about statistics and what a Texas sharpshooter fallacy is.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I once did a perfect streak on a 32 cards deck.
Well, I got 4 or 5 correct, but we noticed that I had the colours (red / black) 100% correct. Later I learned more about statistics and what a Texas sharpshooter fallacy is.
Wait, are you saying you guessed the color correctly 32 out of 32 times!

The odds against chance would be 2 to the 32nd power or 4,294,967,296 like 4 trillion to one against chance. I would be more than happy to bet my entire life savings that such a feat was psychic. The only way I would be concerned for my money would be if you tried this test billions and billions of times.

George-ananda

Premium Member
When I was a kid, I could rather frequently almost daily go into a 'wavy?' state and see the future a few seconds before it happened even mentally predicting unlikely things like Walter Cronkite's next words.

Once I shocked my brother by saying his exact words ahead of him (but he said them anyway). The ability dropped off gradually with age and is now completely gone.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Wait, are you saying you guessed the color correctly 32 out of 32 times!
No, I didn't guess them right, at least I wasn't trying to. I tried to guess the card right, the correct colours were a coincidence in the data we found later.
The odds against chance would be 2 to the 32nd power or 4,294,967,296 like 4 trillion to one against chance. I would be more than happy to bet my entire life savings that such a feat was psychic. The only way I would be concerned for my money would be if you tried this test billions and billions of times.
I tried again and, no, it didn't happen again.

George-ananda

Premium Member
No, I didn't guess them right, at least I wasn't trying to. I tried to guess the card right, the correct colours were a coincidence in the data we found later.
I would still call that a psychic feat beyond reasonable random chance whether guessing the color was your main intention or not especially in combination with the other hot guessing.

I'm still betting my life savings on it.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I would still call that a psychic feat beyond reasonable random chance whether guessing the color was your main intention or not especially in combination with the other hot guessing.

I'm still betting my life savings on it.
Well, then I was psychic for 5 minutes in my life and I wasted it on guessing card colours.

Or I was in state of exceptional perception and (unconsciously) picked up on subtle clues. (It was not a rigorous experiment, just a few adolescents sitting together (and opposite each other during the "experiments"). Maybe the light was just right so that I could see the reflection of the cards in my partners eyes? (That wouldn't be "extra"-sensorial.)
But that would also have been a once in a lifetime event as I couldn't repeat it.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Well, then I was psychic for 5 minutes in my life and I wasted it on guessing card colours.

Or I was in state of exceptional perception and (unconsciously) picked up on subtle clues. (It was not a rigorous experiment, just a few adolescents sitting together (and opposite each other during the "experiments"). Maybe the light was just right so that I could see the reflection of the cards in my partners eyes? (That wouldn't be "extra"-sensorial.)
But that would also have been a once in a lifetime event as I couldn't repeat it.
Or maybe you are underestimating yourself? You may have above average psi abilities with hot streaks. Never heard of 32/32 on colour before.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Or maybe you are underestimating yourself? You may have above average psi abilities with hot streaks. Never heard of 32/32 on colour before.
It just shows that improbable things happen all the time.
If you could data mine terabytes of experiments you'd come about all kinds of such coincidences. 16/32 in suits - will be there, a hot streak of 10 perfect hits in a row - yep, a hot streak of 16 perfects in a row, but time shifted - definitely. Just dig long enough and you'll find something.
Look at the Texas sharpshooter fallacy. Or at p-value hacking.

George-ananda

Premium Member
It just shows that improbable things happen all the time.
If you could data mine terabytes of experiments you'd come about all kinds of such coincidences. 16/32 in suits - will be there, a hot streak of 10 perfect hits in a row - yep, a hot streak of 16 perfects in a row, but time shifted - definitely. Just dig long enough and you'll find something.
Look at the Texas sharpshooter fallacy. Or at p-value hacking.
I understand the concept of if you look for enough things you might find something fantastic but you were trying to guess cards and colors are something simple and the type of thing psychic perception can reasonably pick up on if such skills are real.

I mean lucky random guessing can explain everything in card guessing experiments but is it always the most reasonable explanation in a particular case?

Heyo

Veteran Member
I understand the concept of if you look for enough things you might find something fantastic but you were trying to guess cards and colors are something simple and the type of thing psychic perception can reasonably pick up on if such skills are real.
Guessing cards is trying to guess suit and value. Colour is a tertiary parameter. Data mining for it (like we did) is questionable, at least.
I didn't know that at the time but I put up the hypothesis that colour is more related to emotions and that emotions might be better "transmission-able" than facts. We tested that hypothesis and found that the relation was there but not significant.
I mean lucky random guessing can explain everything in card guessing experiments but is it always the most reasonable explanation in a particular case?
It is always the null hypothesis. And you have to disprove the null hypothesis of the actual experiment with significant relevance.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Guessing cards is trying to guess suit and value. Colour is a tertiary parameter. Data mining for it (like we did) is questionable, at least.
I didn't know that at the time but I put up the hypothesis that colour is more related to emotions and that emotions might be better "transmission-able" than facts. We tested that hypothesis and found that the relation was there but not significant.
A meta-analysis over many experiments would be required to even begin to talk about proof.

Current laboratory ESP testing suggest a real but weak effect in meta-analysis. So, before you can dismiss your emotion-color perception theory you would need a lot of trials.

Even a real but weak effect is mindbogglingly important in our theoretical understanding of how reality works.

Frank Goad

I once woke up in sleep paralysis mode.And saw a black mass floating above me.It lasted a full minute before it disappeared.And I could move again.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I once woke up in sleep paralysis mode.And saw a black mass floating above me.It lasted a full minute before it disappeared.And I could move again.

I've experienced sleep paralysis twice. It happened to me three times in the same night, the second time I experienced it. After it was over, I got up out of bed and I smudged my bedroom and the rest of my house with white oak sage and Palo Santo sticks. I began to feel the heaviness lift from my house after I finished smudging all the rooms, the windows and the mirrors.

The Crimson Universe

The first sleep paralysis happened to me when i was 17 or 18 and continued having them till i reached 30. The only thing i did to make it stop was chant God's name.