• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

End Times?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
....................Other people might find that no comfort at all but for me it's just a reminder to have realistic expectations and focus on the here and now and what I can effect instead of worry about the inevitable end. Especially since I'll probably be gone long before that point anyway.
Seems to me Jesus did focus on the ' here and now ' of his time without worry about any inevitable end. - Luke 4:43
Since the first century many are long gone, but those of us still alive on Earth at Jesus' coming Glory Time as found at Matthew 25:31-34,37 the inevitable is the beginning instead of the end.
We are all invited to pray the invitation to God for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20
Come to end wickedness - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15 - but Not to end righteous mankind - Psalm 37:9-11.
'You may Not be gone' for when the powers in charge are saying, " Peace and Security...... " (1st Thess. 5:2-3)
that Rosy saying is really leading people down that old Primrose Path instead of the coming end to wickedness on Earth.
We can all focus on 'what I can effect' instead of worry and look to Jesus as a model or example to follow.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Seems to me Jesus did focus on the ' here and now ' of his time without worry about any inevitable end. - Luke 4:43
Since the first century many are long gone, but those of us still alive on Earth at Jesus' coming Glory Time as found at Matthew 25:31-34,37 the inevitable is the beginning instead of the end.
We are all invited to pray the invitation to God for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20
Come to end wickedness - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15 - but Not to end righteous mankind - Psalm 37:9-11.
'You may Not be gone' for when the powers in charge are saying, " Peace and Security...... " (1st Thess. 5:2-3)
that Rosy saying is really leading people down that old Primrose Path instead of the coming end to wickedness on Earth.
We can all focus on 'what I can effect' instead of worry and look to Jesus as a model or example to follow.
My interpretations of those scriptures are pretty different, since stress was not put on focusing on the here and now but treating this life like a weigh station for the next, which I'm not interested in.

I'm all for looking to fellow man (and non-human animal) with compassion, but not doing it because someone else did it (even if that person is someone else's messiah) or in hopes I'll avoid something or get something beyond being more harmonious with my current environment.

I also don't believe in an eternal soul or hereafter so I'm not interested in spreading any news of a paradise I don't believe exists beyond the best we can make of the present.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
......................I also don't believe in an eternal soul or hereafter so I'm not interested in spreading any news of a paradise I don't believe exists beyond the best we can make of the present.
Since the Bible teaches 'the soul that sins dies' (Ezekiel 18:4,20) ->You are right there is No eternal soul.
A lot of people don't believe in a hereafter but to me that does Not make that as proof.
Thus, such a person would Not only have No interest about any paradise but would not spread that news.
Unless damaged, we all have a conscience to help us do what is right.
When one's conscience is ignored then it can become very hardened calloused like flesh branded by a hot branding iron.

P.S. If you do any Digital Art picturing nature you can be excellent enough to receive praise for your good work.
To me such work is inspired by the One who provided the nature subject.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
" End Times? "
I don't get one exactly, isn't 1980 already gone, please, right?
Regards
Right, 1980 already gone but Not 2080.
Just as we know when Spring is near (blossoms appear) today's moral decay shows the end of the wicked is near.
- 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13; Psalms 37:38; 92:7; 104:35; 145:20; Proverbs 2:21-22
End Times -> for the wicked, but Not for the humble meek who will inherit the Earth - Matt. 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26
Thus, long before 2080 the powers in charge will be saying, " Peace and Security...." (1st Thessalonians 5:2-3) but that Rosy saying can lead people down that old Primrose Path instead of Peace the great tribulation follows (Rev. 7:14)
followed by the last war Armageddon (Psalm 46:9) when the figurative 'sheep' (Matt. 25:31-34,37) will be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming peaceful 1,000 year governmental reign over Earth. - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Serious question, I am aware that Vladimir Putin is quite a sincere student and practitioner with regards the Orthodox Christian religion, so clearly given the present unstable state of the world and his position in it as president of Russia, he should be a particular serious student of the Book of Revelation, so I wonder who he thinks is the global beast with seven heads and ten horns is that tries to bring down religion in order to rule the world?

We are all aware of course of the schisms, various national and ethnic cultural dogmas, national secular political and geopolitical influences, etc., that have afflicted and shaped Christian thought and beliefs through the millennia until now, and thus we cannot, if we too are serious students of these end times, just take some populist viewpoint based on some resonating prejudice.

It strikes me that President Putin has no pretenses for Russia to rule the world, and so it would be interesting to learn who he thinks is the entity/entities represented by the ten horned beast, also the anti-Christ?