• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Egypt's "Farewell Intercourse" Law

Circle_One

If the person a females loses her virginity to is such a douche who is not worth marrying, then that says a lot about her too.

In western thought, sex is just a physical thing.

In Islam, it is physical and spiritual. We have boundaries regarding it and abiding by such laws means obey God which implies worship. You don't have this outside of Islam.

So the physical side of it is strong, it is a desire that arises at puberty. Islam does not allow for those who have attained puberty, who are of the opposite sex, to come together physically, so, by allowing marriage at such a young age this desire won't affect a person latter on in life.

A woman for example who has never had sex and is over her mid 20s or a man, out of the desire that has built up over the years, may rush into marrying any low life that comes along in order to fulfill her physical desire without taking heed that marriage is more than just sex.

In western culture, if the desire becomes overwhelming, they just commit adultery and be done with.

Allowing marriage at such a young age doesn't mean that the female is going to be turned into a baby factory, it's only a means for both parties to fulfill their desires.

And this view is well supported by the actions within western societies themselves.

It makes me very sad, and more than a little offended, to see that my point of this thread, ie. teaching "Westerners" who don't know any better not to propagate baseless, offensive rumors regarding Islam, while YOU are doing nothing but breeding those same sort of rumors concerning Westerners.

You seem to be more of a "lost cause" than you accused my friends of being. It's my turn to be disturbed now. Do you actually know anything about the Western world, or just what you see on TV and movies?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Regarding my last post,

I had coming whatever it is that has been said to me in response to it. I used the term 'west' without specifying who I really refer to. The way I have left it, it basically includes all non-muslims, so that's why I had it coming. I actually made the same mistake not long ago.

I apologize for having included all people and all non-islamic societies into one. The laws of Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism etc all view sex outside of marriage and before marriage as immoral. I wasn't thinking about the faiths as I was about the Islamic faith, but I was thinking about the people, which in reality many Muslims also fall into that category of committing adultery etc.

Sorry for my rudeness and ignorance.

This is strike two on myself, 1 more and I'm out, I better watch it.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
What is it about a man made ceremony that turns immoral into moral, turns sin into non sin?
It's about a special connection with one person. Sharing oneself with another. Now, doing that outside marriage does not necessarily have to be a sin. Personally I don't think it is. However, I think that premarital sex, in general, is wrong. Simply because it can be dangerous (if you only have one partner, the chances that you will contract an STD are much lower), and it can end up in a child to two parents who really don't care about each other, which is simply unfair for that child.

Yes, that can be true for marriages as well, but there is less of a danger there.

HerDotness

Lady Babbleon
Regarding my last post,

I had coming whatever it is that has been said to me in response to it. I used the term 'west' without specifying who I really refer to. The way I have left it, it basically includes all non-muslims, so that's why I had it coming. I actually made the same mistake not long ago.

I apologize for having included all people and all non-islamic societies into one. The laws of Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism etc all view sex outside of marriage and before marriage as immoral. I wasn't thinking about the faiths as I was about the Islamic faith, but I was thinking about the people, which in reality many Muslims also fall into that category of committing adultery etc.

Sorry for my rudeness and ignorance.

This is strike two on myself, 1 more and I'm out, I better watch it.

Naw, no outs on RF...forgiveness when requested is unlimited as far as I'm concerned.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
In Islam, it is physical and spiritual. We have boundaries regarding it and abiding by such laws means obey God which implies worship. You don't have this outside of Islam.
Do you believe that it is a good thing, or bad thing, to view marriage and/or sex as sacred, as opposed to a social and/or physical? And why do you think this? :)

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Do you believe that it is a good thing, or bad thing, to view marriage and/or sex as sacred, as opposed to a social and/or physical? And why do you think this? :)

The first response that came to mind without any deep thought was HIV and AIDS.

I looked up on AIDS just to be sure and I found this:

Male circumcision may reduce the probability of HIV acquisition by men (see article Circumcision and HIV). Leaving aside blood transfusions, the highest HIV-1 transmissibility ever measured was from GUD-suffering female prostitutes to uncircumcised men—the measured risk was 43% in a single sexual act.

Origin of AIDS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A more reliable source

From a Muslim/Islamic perspective, everything we do has a connection with God (meaning we will be questioned/held to account for everything that we do), and there is always an extreme to the things we do in life. Just as overeating is an unhealthy extreme, so too does sex have an extreme. In my eyes the extreme of sex is treating it as merely a physical desire and that it has lost it's value of being done by 2 people who feel extreme love for one another.

One example of support I could give is that we don't see people walking around naked 100% (with the exception of nude beaches). People may uncover many parts of their body but not those which are central to sex. If such parts are so important and kept private, then why is sex treated as nothing important and nothing more other than just a mere fulfillment of a desire?

If our 'private' parts are kept private and men don't go impregnating just any woman and women don't go seeking the child of just any man, this shows sex, that which leads to it (our desires which arise through our private parts) and the result of it (pregnancy) as being something highly important or that they should all be highly important.

Maybe if I put more thought into it and do a little research I could make a better statement but I'm sure you understand where I'm getting at with the above.

If you are of the other opinion, I'd love to know your view and why you think so.