• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Egyptian religion should be categorized with Abrahamic Faith?

The Abrahamic faiths are those faiths which are born out of Abraham; but when exactly Abraham birthed these religions (his sons) is not well known to us.

I think Egypt ought to be discussed here; to see if it should be an Abrahamic faith; or the influence of Abraham himself.

The Egyptian creation story is so akin to Genesis it is startling; the claim that the book of Genesis comes more from the Sumerian lands doesn't fit with Sumeria's disbelief in a single God.

Egypt however was monotheistic (before you go ape-bananas...I am right; just look it up for yourself and I explain it in another thread. Egyptians knowingly worshipped one God, the word used for this one God is Neter and He was never created, created all the world and created mankind in His image. He also created the gods "neteru" and those gods were mortals like men...).

Egyptians beliefs fit very closely but diverge very differently from Abrahamic beliefs in liturgy and practice more than in belief.

I think it is definitely worth looking into.

allanpopa

I think that you're onto a very interesting subject when discussing the possible influences to Israelite Temple cult rituals and worship. However, Egypt doesn't appear to be that big an influence on Israel, contrary to your comments on monotheism.

Ancient Israel was a multi-diverse area in what is now contemporary Palestine. The major influences to their religions were the Canaanites (Ugaritic), though, I imagine that what existed in the 3rd BCE - 2nd CE was the impression that we get most from the Jewish Scriptures themselves, especially the Dead Sea Scrolls, wisdom texts, Kabbalah, Mishnah, Targums, Talmuds, Mishnah, and a variety of Jewish pseudepigraphas; to get any sort of impression about Jewish practices, customs and beliefs before the third century, we can't be limited to simply Tanakh, we should expand to these various other documents as well as archeology, anthropology, various Canaanite myths (especially), Babylonian myths, etc.

My running hypothesis is that if we were to go back in time to the 7th century BCE, we would find that Jerusalem was a city filled with a number of temples, shrines, high places, etc, and some of their gods would have been El/Athirat, Baal and YHWH, to name a few, in short, a pantheon. What we would not find is monotheism. Akhenaten (Amenhotep IV) c. 1364-1347 BCE was the real founder of monotheism, and we have very little idea about what was going on in Palestine during this time, most probably not monotheism, though.

More on this later, when I get more time.

I have just recently accessed a number of articles on the development of Judaisms, so hopefuly I'll be able to share some with everyone.

Allan

herushura

Egyptian Religion should not really be categorized as an Abrahamic Faith because they have an older origin that predates the abram faiths.

Shamuwn

Many wonder if the name Hagar < Aramic > meaning '' Rock '' is an Egiptian name . Hagar ( which can be found in Genesis 16;4-6 ) ,

Genesis 16;4-6 ( In Aramic ) And I Quote ; And then he entered Hagar ( having a sexual intercource with her ) and she became pregnant ; And when she saw that she became pregnant , her mistress ( Sarai ) was despised in her eyes . And then Sarai said to Abram , '' My injustice is your fault ; I gave my slave girl into your bosom ; And when she saw with her physical eyes that she became pregnant I became despised in her eyes ; A Yahuwa judge between you and me '' . But Abram said Sarai , '' Here your female slave is in your hand ; Do to her that which is < Tobe > Agreeable in your eyes . And Sarai put her down and Hagar ran away from her face .

Note that her name was mentioned 10 time in the bible Hagar is not an Egiptian name even though she was an Egiptian . her Egiptian name was Haqa -Re . Hagar Was the Hebrew name used in the bible not Haqa-Re . In reality she was the daughter of I - En-hotep ( a Ptahite )

Now why would their god not use her real name Ramese was used . The name Hagar < Aramic > is derived from the Egiptian name Hat-Hor or Hathor , which is Hat meaning '' House ' and Hor meaning ' on high of Hor or Hor-us . Hathor was the wife of Haru ( Hor-us ) , the falcon headed sky Neter ,

who was the son of Netert Aset ( Auset , Osiris ) and Neter ( Usir , Osiris ) . making the triad of Ancient Tama - Re from which all other triads originated from . Hagar became the Egiptian wife of the Chaldean Abram . as mentioned in Genesis 16 ; 3 ..

Genesis 16;3 ( In Aramic ) And I Quote ; And then Sarai , Abram's Confidante wife took Hagar the Mitsriy '' Egyptian , her slave girl after Abram had dwelt 10 years in the part of the Planet Earth Of Canaan , and she Sarai gave her to Abram her husband to be his < Ishshaw > Confidante Wife .

and after Hagar gave birth to a son called Ishmael , Sarai became jealous Genesis 16; 4-6 , forcing Hagar to leave to the wilderness where she called upon her Egiptian deity El Roi < Aramic > Genesis 16;13 . ( In Aramic ) And I Quote ; And she Hagar called the name of A Yahuwa , the one who spoke to her , El - Roi , the El of the sun ( RA Of Egypt who sees with a physical eye ) .

Just think why would Hagar call on the Egiptian deity El Roi , or Ra unless her name was changed purposely or she was fabricated from the deity Netert Hathor . To make a long story short the Bible and Qura'an didn't make sense , they were fabricated stories of the Egiptians , like everything else today .

Even Abram name was changed to Abra-ham ( Ab ' father Ra ' the Egiptian Neter Ra ' And ham ' Kham ) . Ab- Ra - Ham , Which means '' heart '' sun deity - blackness '' . So you aee , everything ties back to Egipt . Every major person in your holy bible and Quraan was sent to Egipt . Abraham was sent to

Egipt , Isaac was sent to Egipt . Moses went to Egipt , Ishmael was sent to Egipt , Joshua , Mary mother Jesus was sent to Egipt , because the King at that time Herod was trying to kill him . The Israelites continuously went to Egipt as shown in Genesis 41;53-54 , And Genesis 43;1-2 ,

Genesis 41;53-54 ( In Aramic ) And I Quote ; And the 7 years of < Sawbaw > Plentifulness that was in that part of the Planet Earth of Mitstrayim were ended , And the 7 years of famine began to come just as Yosafe had said and the famine was in all of that part of the Planet Earth but in all that part of the Planet Earth of Mitsrayim there was bread and meat .

Genesis 43;1-2 ( In Aramic ) And I Quote ; And the famine was worse in that part of the Planet Earth . And in time when they had eaten the grain which they had brought out of Mitsrayim , their father said to them , '' Return and buy us a little food .

Genesis 12;10 ( In Aramic ) And I Quote ; And there was no food growing in that part of the Planet Earth ; So Abram went to Mitstrayim Egypt to seek hospitality there , for the lack of food growing was very bad in that part of the Planet Earth .

The Egiptian Deity Hat-hor ( Hathor / Athyr ) was replaced with a fabricated person named Hagar . Abraham who was a Chaldean from Ur . which were Sumer-ians and Shinar in your bible , and through out our history the Sumerians are known to be black people Nubians who traveled in many directions .

Shamuwn

Not all tribes were invited into Egipt but Abraham as a Sumerian was invited , that is how he was let into Egipt . he was blood related . Yet There Are No Records In Ancient Egipt That Abraham , Isaac , Or Moses Ever Existed . In The Book Encyclopedia Of The Bible , New Revised Edition Copyright 1986 Pg . 42

It clearly states As Follows ; The Israelites And Ancestors . Archaeology provide no direct evidence relating to the story of the Israelites and their ancestor until the people occupied their Promised Land . Abraham , Isaac . Jacob and his sons of Canaanite cities and with the pharaohs of Egipt . But it would be extraordinary to find their names in the records of those princes .

It is also noted in this book that Egiptian Monuments give no evidence of the infamous Exodus . Therefore it should be question where did an Egiptian bondservant as she was called in Genesis 16;1 ( In Aramic ) And I Quote ; And now Sarai '' princess '' Abram's < Ishshaw > Confidants '' Wife ' could not give birth for him and she had a female servant of Mitsrayim '' Egypt ' whose name is Hagar '' Wanderer , rock '' .

Where Abraham's wife get the name Hagar from , which is not an Egiptian name ! It is time that we begin Searching for the Answer To These Question And Stop Accepting Anything which we have been told by the worlds so called Religions .

It is time to ask Question And Stop Believing What You Have Been Traditionally Taught About The Origins Of Man And Religion As You Know It . The Root Of All Civilization Are In Egipt

Re-Source / Authors
By Dr . Malachi Z York -El 33 / 720

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Simply, the Egyptian religion was Pantheistic up to the time of Pharaoh Akhenaten's reign which then it became the first Monotheistic religion on Earth being based on the Aten/ Solar Disc/Dying-Resurrecting GodMan. Moses existed during this time and it is obvious that He developed His own version of Akhenaten's religion to serve His own purposes.

dan b

Abraham is often referred to as being the "father of many nations."Gen.17;4 "And in thy seed shall all the nations of THE EARTH be blessed;..." he is told in Gen.22;18. This is because Abraham sent his sons out to all the nations of the particular piece of earth that he was living on, Eurasia. And he sent them with a religion and a culture.
Abraham sent Isaac to the west and Ishmael remained, but not before the sons of Keturah were sent eastward carring the future religion of India and China in their Vedic Laws. Gen.25;6 It says that he sent them "with gifts". These Vedas are so similar in ideas and sacrifice arrangments to the Hebrew Old Testament that it infers a close relationship.
The Sons of Keturah descended into India as the Aryans and introduced Vedic culture and religion which today we call Hinduism. Hinduism in time gave birth to Buddism which overcame all of China and Japan ect.
While the descendants of Ishmael would wait untill about 621 vefore becoming a great nation as god had forcast, the trives of Issac's Israel went west, followed Jesus, and eventually became the Christian countries that we have today.
Meanwhile, the Native and Aboriginal cultures that spread in a circle around Eurasia are 'in harmony with nature." They did not recieve a cultural and religious dispensation from Mesopotamia as did Eurasia. They instead developed their own culturs and religiona from nature around them and themselves. dan b

xkatz

It shouldn't be categorized as a Abrahamic religion because

1) Abraham wasn't it's prophet.

2) Not all monotheistic religions are Abrahamic. Zoroastarianism for example, which also influenced monotheism in the ancient times, isn't Abrahamic but it has many similar elements; the same could be said about modern Hinduism.

dan b

....FIRST WORLD...............SECOND WORLD...................THIRD WORLD

.....CHRISTIANS.....................ISLAM.......................HINDU-BUDDHISM

........ISRAEL..........................................................ARYANS

........ISAAC........................ISHMAEL....................SONS OF KETURAH

......................................ABRAHAM

...................................ADAM AND EVE.-4000BC

Abraham is often referred to as being the "father of all nations." Gen.17;4 "And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed..." he is told in Gen.22;18. This is because Abrahsm sent his sons to all the nations of the earth with thier religion written down in books.
Abrahsm sent Isaac to the west and Ishmael remained, but not before the sons of Keturah were sent eastward carrying the future religion of India and China as their gifts. Gen.25;6 These Vedas are so similar in ideas and sacrifices to the Old Testament that it infers a close relationship.

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
Abraham is often referred to as being the "father of many nations.
Abraham sent Isaac to the west and Ishmael remained, but not before the sons of Keturah were sent eastward carring the future religion of India and China in their Vedic Laws. Gen.25;6 It says that he sent them "with gifts". These Vedas are so similar in ideas and sacrifice arrangments to the Hebrew Old Testament that it infers a close relationship.
The Sons of Keturah descended into India as the Aryans and introduced Vedic culture and religion which today we call Hinduism. Hinduism in time gave birth to Buddism which overcame all of China and Japan ect.
dan b

Zoroaster was the father of abrahamic faiths.:flirt:

Last edited by a moderator:

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
Certain aspects of it could be considered the basis of monotheism in Abrahamic faiths yes, but it itself is not Abrahamic because Abraham isn't a prophet.
Ok.Was not abraham a mythical figure?Is there any proof of his existence other than the scriptures itself?

Last edited by a moderator:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Simply, the Egyptian religion was Pantheistic up to the time of Pharaoh Akhenaten's reign which then it became the first Monotheistic religion on Earth being based on the Aten/ Solar Disc/Dying-Resurrecting GodMan. Moses existed during this time and it is obvious that He developed His own version of Akhenaten's religion to serve His own purposes.

Akhenaten was a heretic and totally nieve, may he forever be reborn in the jaws of Sebek. Thankfuly his reign didn't last long, and after the death of his son the Ramesites came into power and the cult of Set enjoyed a very long period of prestige as the god Set was their patron god. Seti I prayed to Set that his son Rameses II would have a long and powerful reign. Rameses II lived to be in his 90's and fathered hundreds of children.

Personally I don't think Moses was a real person and the "Exodus" is pure mythology.

The Egyptian religion was around close to 5,000 years before the conception of JudaoChristianity. The Egyptian religion is in a league of its own. And with all do respect, the thought of merging it with the Abrahamic mythos is completely misguided.

Hail, Set!
/Adramelek\