• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eggs. Ok to eat eggs or not ok.

We Never Know

No Slack
From a spiritual or tantric viewpoint eggs are crudifying like meat, fish, mushrooms, drugs, alcohol and onions etc.. For easier meditation keeping a sentient mind is important. You keep the inner temple as clean as possible by controlling the senses, your thoughts and also your diet and other eating habits.

I see no harm in eating them. I didn't know not eating them was something
spiritual.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Not all eggs are fertile. I by mine from a farmer that doesn't have roosters. Just egg laying hen's.
I eat a lot of eggs. Scrambled, over easy, hard boild, fried egg sandwich. No nasty egg salad though lol

No egg salad!
download.jpg

I used to eat it with salt and pepper and mayo. I don't eat mayo anymore, so no egg salad.

We Never Know

No Slack
I wonder if people think about how many living things they eat or drink each day. It really is only a matter of perspective, after all there are living things that live by feeding on our own bodies.

Regards Tony

I wonder if the ones that don't eat meat because of having to kill the animal ever kill spiders, flies, wasps etc. They shouldn't.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I wonder if the ones that don't eat meat because of having to kill the animal ever kill spiders, flies, wasps etc. They shouldn't.

I get a twinge every time I do. Spiders I pick up and put them in the toilet. Flies I let out or let them die on their own. Wasps, I haven't came across that living here. But meat, I never really got it until I was watching YouTube videos on how they kill sheep, chickens, cows, and so forth. I could never be a hunter or anything like that. I was looking up google trying to find why we eat some animals and not others in the West say like dogs or cats. If we turned this around, if someone doesn't mind eating beef and chicken, why not pets?

We Never Know

No Slack
I get a twinge every time I do. Spiders I pick up and put them in the toilet. Flies I let out or let them die on their own. Wasps, I haven't came across that living here. But meat, I never really got it until I was watching YouTube videos on how they kill sheep, chickens, cows, and so forth. I could never be a hunter or anything like that. I was looking up google trying to find why we eat some animals and not others in the West say like dogs or cats. If we turned this around, if someone doesn't mind eating beef and chicken, why not pets?

People consider pets such a dogs, horses, cats as family members and frown down on eating them.

Then there is this...

Eating dogs and cats banned in House-passed bill

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I do think that for vegetarians eggs are essential to get proteins.
Proteins are very important.

Probably not essential for proteins, because there are many vegetarian sources of protein, but it takes an effort to balance proteins to get a good diet. Vegetarian cultures like among some Hindus and other cultures have done well for millennia. One of the problems for vegetarians is B12, which may be deficient in vegan vegetarian diets.

I do not advocate vegan diets, because of the dietary requirements to get a balanced diet, and it cannot be a healthy universal diet..

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

China is the most omnivorous culture and consume all of the above including dogs in some cultures. Our diets universally are more cultural, but some diets of the world are more healthy than others. Western diets just happen to be the least healthy.

We Never Know

No Slack
China is the most omnivorous culture and consume all of the above including dogs in some cultures. Our diets universally are more cultural, but some diets of the world are more healthy than others. Western diets just happen to be the least healthy.
South Korea eats more cats and dogs than any country.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
South Korea eats more cats and dogs than any country.

I have been to South Korea, and dogs are high on menu, but not what we would call domestic cats. In China many in Northeast China have dogs in their menu. There are some cat-like wild animals that are delicacies among some minorities. Consumption of many different insects is common. I like the stir fried silk worm chrysalis (pupa) with hot pepper and hua jiao (flower pepper..