• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

E.L.F and A.L.F.-Thoughts?

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
The four-leged and feathered people may not be a minority, but they can certainly be considered defenseless. They're as able to experience pain, fear and suffering as we humans are but are considered fair game for whatever form of exploitation we choose to impose on them.

I'd have no objection if someone sneaked into a burn lab and snatched all their beagles.
Neither would I. However, I think that Linwood means the things that are more dangerous than that. Take, for example, the time they cut the brakes on a truck containing pigs going to slaughter. They did leave a note in the car, saying that the brakes were cut, but, if the man driving missed the note? A horrible accident could have ocurred. Indeed, however, there I have no moral qualms about them sneaking into a place where non-humans are harmed (Vivisection, Fur, etc.), and taking the animals. Doesn't bother me in the least. Perhaps it's just because I've seen videos of places like that that I feel that way, but I think, or rather, hope, that when people see a fox who has chewed his leg off, literally, out of a combination of boredom, fear, and hunger/thirst, they see evil.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
ELF and (especially) ALF activists generally take extraordinary care to insure no-one is hurt by their actions. It's always been a wonder to me that the targets of their actions don't realize how simple it would be to ALF/ELF-proof a building.

A hamster in an impregnable cage, prominantly displayed, would be more effective than fences, razor-wire, security guards and a yardfull of Rotweilers. If the activists couldn't safely extract the rodent, they wouldn't dare inflict major damage on the building.