• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dying for God

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Isn't it sad how many of those who serve and please God are murdered?

It's a balance act. Do you know how many people who believe in god murdered others?

If God gave these two sides supposedly the same message and method of evangelization, what exactly is love to god-fearing people and why is there a need to make god-people victims as if they had no murder on their hands?

That, and why do god believers feel they are different than their peers both who have killed and those who have been killed?

If makes me wonder about the benefit of believing in God in a communal sense. It changes people's minds to think us vs. them. We are the victim. They are at fault. They need our help. Both positions have their justification.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Murder is a natural state of existence. It's not sad, it's a natural part of the corruptible human behavior. I, unfortunately live in a state of mind where I see deaths all the time as if it's a past time. I've seen newborn babies take an AK round to the chest. People die all the time some in the name of God, some for money, some because they are mentally distressed, others over trivial matters.

whirlingmerc

Psalm 44 is the most bleak lament of persecution and sometimes death by it
and it's followed by Psalm 45 the wedding Psalm. This is because the tribulations of this life will be followed by the marriage supper of the lamb
And God will wipe every tear from their eyes

It's kind of cool that following the wedding is the women's chorus in psalm 46 appropriate to a wedding (and which inspired A MIGHTY FORTRESS IS OUR GOD the hymn)

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Today 11 people were murdered and six injured (including four cops) during a spree shooting at a Pittsburg Synagogue during Shabbat services. Kind of gives new emphasis to your thread.