• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dubstep Violin?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I originally was turned on to Lindsey Stirling after hearing this awesome rendition of the Skyrim Theme Song on the Pandora station I created for TES/Jeremy Soule music:

I found myself "thumbs up'ing" other game related songs, and eventually other songs by her on the station.

What I find particularly fascinating is the violin/dubstep music she's created. Here's an example called "Elements."

I've been watching other stuff on her YouTube playlist. Not only is she a great violinist, but it appears she's an accomplished dancer as well. Plus, the cinematography in the videos is quite good.

I find the blend of violin and dubstep to be quite intriguing. What are your thoughts?

We Never Know

No Slack
I originally was turned on to Lindsey Stirling after hearing this awesome rendition of the Skyrim Theme Song on the Pandora station I created for TES/Jeremy Soule music:

I found myself "thumbs up'ing" other game related songs, and eventually other songs by her on the station.

What I find particularly fascinating is the violin/dubstep music she's created. Here's an example called "Elements."

I've been watching other stuff on her YouTube playlist. Not only is she a great violinist, but it appears she's an accomplished dancer as well. Plus, the cinematography in the videos is quite good.

I find the blend of violin and dubstep to be quite intriguing. What are your thoughts?

She mixes in many things

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

I'm impressed. I just hope that she is not playing her good violin in the rain.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

She's trying to further the music spectrum. I wonder if people dance to it? That might be an interesting experience you know if the dubstep dj's started playing her. I am barely introduced to dubstep. Its not for me, but its got its charms.

I'm impressed. I just hope that she is not playing her good violin in the rain.
hahaha Its very distracting, because I worry about the violin getting ruined. Its probably a stage prop dipped in polythelene and restrung. I think that scene would look cool if she used a titanium or silver violin, but its fine with the wooden one, too.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I never cared for dubstep. One of the few electronic genres I don't like. To me, it's like Bowling for Soup or Cage the Elephant when I'd rather listen to Van Halen, Pantera, Pearl Jam, or the Doors.
Her violin playing isn't bad, but I'd like it more if it were industrial or EBM.
Or go rock and have something like Kansas.:D

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

I love lindsey stirling. She is such a talented artist, and I'm not ashamed to say I had a huge crush on her years ago, lol.

This song is striking.