1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drums, Dance, Trance

Discussion in 'Shamanism DIR' started by The Hammer, Apr 22, 2019.

1. The Hammer

The Hammer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +750
    Religion:
    Asatru - Seiðmaðr
    I've recently found myself dancing rhythmically (as one should), while listening to the band Wardruna, and slipping into trance-like states, of ecstacy.

Has anyone else used dancing and music similarly? What were your experiences? Did you use certain music, or play an instrument yourself? Any tips on maintaining trances?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jumi

Jumi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,458
    Religion:
    Secular theist (none)
    If you want to maintain a state keep a constant steady beat and it's a good idea wear something over the eyes so you're not reacting to outside stimuli.

• Like Like x 2
  3. RedDragon94

RedDragon94 Feeling Fine I guess

Ratings:
    +680
    Religion:
    Christian but I like to meditate
    Lucky.
    No, but I am a seeker of spiritual experiences. I'll subscribe to this thread and maybe learn some.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +750
    Religion:
    Asatru - Seiðmaðr
    This is a good idea, I've been meaning to craft a blindfold to use. I'm also thinking of using a large stave to assist with balance, and motion. Like a contact staff of the Poi Fire Dancers, but longer.