• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Druidic Shinto

Theweirdtophat

I noticed both religions are polytheistic and animistic, although Druidry is a rather individual path, many happen to be polytheistic and/or animistic. Shinto reveres nature as does Druidry and some deities I notice have some things in common with each other.

I heard people combine Druidry with Christianity or Buddhism but how about Shinto?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Shinto strikes me as fairly paganistic.

Of course, I speak as an outsider with some curiosity, so don't trust my judgement.

Maponos

Welcome to the Opera
There's not actual continuation of Druidic practices in the West and from historical sources, Druids had different functions that Shinto priests and priestesses do for the most part.

Futhark

I have been a member with Ar nDriaocht Fein or ADF for about 3 years now, although i have been practicing as a solitary druid. the ADF website has a load of information on how to conduct rituals based on their COoR core order of ritual. I combine my pagan paths Asatru and Druidry with Noahidism.

My Asatru path has been successful as i have participated in 2 different local kindreds in the past 3 years and druidry i have had supernatural success as far as my prayers being answered by the Tuatha de Danaan.

The reason i felt compelled to get into Noahidism was because i was raised Baptist and baptized at the age of 11 years old. so i have had a spiritual side from a young age and in high school i was apart of a youth group at a first christian church and we went on a mission trip to puerto rico.

but aside from that because i have had some much experience with christian denominations i decided to focus my faith on the Father or the One true God while still adhering to my pagan loyalty

to me the rituals of Druidic paganism provide an enchanting life and the supernatural side to the world.

as for noahidism it allows me to still keep my connection with the God I have worshipped since I was 11 just in a different way.

The Adept

I noticed both religions are polytheistic and animistic, although Druidry is a rather individual path, many happen to be polytheistic and/or animistic. Shinto reveres nature as does Druidry and some deities I notice have some things in common with each other.

I heard people combine Druidry with Christianity or Buddhism but how about Shinto?

They have a lot in common as both connect with nature.