• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dream: Alligator and Snake

EverChanging

I wasn't bothered by the snake, only the alligator. As for leather jackets, I don't have much of a reaction to them. I guess they look nice, and they're warm.

Trey of Diamonds

Ok, the snake doesn't bother you and you said that you liked the feel of their skin and you think leather jackets look nice while Alligators scare you.

So, there is something that is in your life that has the appearance of looking benign but you are concerned that it is actually something to be feared, something that could take something you enjoy away from you. You don't feel that it is a direct threat though, more a camouflaged threat to something that you value.

My $.02 :D

lisaloves1

I'm really hoping someone would help me out on this one :(
I really wished I knew what this dream meant. I had a dream I was walking and I came across this huge hole in the ground, when I looked down it turned to be a pit. In the bottom of the pit I seen 3 terrifying things. for me to describe what I'm talking about...Make a circle ...1. was a HUGE snake on the left side just laying there all coiled up. 2. I seen what appears to be a shark or a whale of some sort on the lower part resting in water. and 3. I seen an alligator on the top part. It looked very very scary just staring at it. Well when I looked away I seen a little kid about 11 years old strolling by. He was not my kid. I told him to be careful that there is a hole in the ground. At first he seemed observant and decided to stand near the hole. When I looked down I seen a snake fall from the top of the floor were I was standing into the pit. I was curious to see where it would land.. It landed on the very huge python snake . Nothing seemed to happen. Well anyways as I turned to look at the kid, the kid just walked right into the pit and down he went, splashing through the water were the shark or whale (whatever it is) was. I did not see the kid anymore. I was terrified and panicked thinking that the animals were going to rip him to shreds, along came someone and we both helped the kid out. The kid was fine. I woke up.
Now I don't dream of any animals and haven't seen any snakes or alligators on TV so I'm just trying to figure out if this meant something. :run:

most likely the fear of being "submerged" into a new social circle and you mind trying to comfort you that itwill be alright

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Here's a few things I just dug up.

Hole: Hidden aspects of activities, or you're feeling empty. May mean you should expose yourself to new interests to feel more complete. Unless it was a pothole, which could mean setbacks in reaching some goals in life.

Fear of snake: Hidden fears, usually of intimacy or commitment.
Whale: Feeling overwhelmed in a relationship/business.
Shark: Feelings of anger and hostility. You may be going through a difficult time.
Alligator: Hidden instincts, often feelings of treachery
Saving a child: Attempting to save a part of yourself (or because it was not your child or you, perhaps someone else) from being destroyed

I got these off the net, hope they help :)

I think the fear of water and the scary things in it is a fear of the unknown, being that this is your childhood fear, along with the presence of your school and the cartoon imagery, it is could be a fear of growing up or entering a new phase of life, or it could be a reaction to something you see as taking a step backwards. Do you think the man who appears normal but has the head of what is to you a monster, could be someone you know or even you yourself?

lisaloves1

thanks for your reply. The only fear I have at the moment is fear of dying. The part will it hurt while I'm dying. Will I realize that I am dead? and if I'm dead will I realize it and start to panic?. I know that we all have to die someday but it scares me to think about it :(

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
thanks for your reply. The only fear I have at the moment is fear of dying. The part will it hurt while I'm dying. Will I realize that I am dead? and if I'm dead will I realize it and start to panic?. I know that we all have to die someday but it scares me to think about it :(
Death is something people are afraid of, because it is something different. If you talk to one who has had an NDE (there's at least one on this site), they all say they do not fear death no more. I've read books on such stuff and say that say when you realize you are dead, you just go like "Oh, well, I'm not interested in that" :)

It's natural to worry about things, but I'm sure you've got plenty of time left. :hug: :)