• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dreadnoughtus Discovered!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Newly discovered dinosaur, Dreadnoughtus, takes title of largest terrestrial animal - The Washington Post
Scientists have discovered the fossilized remains of a new long-necked, long-tailed dinosaur that has taken the crown for largest terrestrial animal with a body mass that can be accurately determined.
Measurements of bones from its hind leg and foreleg revealed that the animal was 65 tons, and still growing when it died in the Patagonian hills of Argentina about 77 million years ago.
65 tons is one BIG critter!

Thruve

Sheppard for the Die Hard
I would pay to go back in time and see that humongous neck swivel around like a naughty girl with an attitude. "Mmmmhmmm", *Rolls eyes*. Epic.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Love the comparison:

Press-Size-ComparisonTons-1024x962.jpeg

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Love the comparison:

Press-Size-ComparisonTons-1024x962.jpeg

Anyone else get disappointed with news like this?
Back when I was a kid, we didn't have dinosaurs any bigger than a Brachiosaurus. Kids these days dunno how good they have it.

Sidenote, I also wonder if they're going a but overboard with the naming. Once you've called something Dreadnoughtus, whatya do when you find a 200 tonne carnivore that used 'em for toothpicks?

(Shaqfuisaurus maybe?)

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Still about 100 tons less than a Blue Whale. ^_^

Isn't that also a bit smaller than the current consensus for the weight of Argentinosaurus?

Last edited: