• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drawing energy v putting out

Ozzie

Some people I encounter draw my energy. More rarely I meet people who seem to put it out in that I feel energised in their presence.

I have often wondered why I should feel affected either positively or negatively in the presence of certain others. It would defy the principles of physics that others either draw energy from me or provide me with it.

The experience described above is so commonly described in everyday conversation and human folkwisdom that to give examples here would be mundane.

Is it possible to exchange energy from encounters we have with others?

Is so, is this energy spiritual in quality?

If this energy is spiritual in quality and can be exchanged, are there practices I can use to develop my capacity to put out energy or draw it from others.

If not, and energy exchange is impossible, shouldn't we re-evaluate our folkwisdom and language used to describe such encounters?

What is the best explanation for the way I feel in the presence of others?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I think there is different energy. Some of us emit positive energy while others give out negative energy.

FatMan

I think instead of energy, you are responding to people's personality. The reason I say this is you could have a person with a magnetic personality who enters a room smiling and being very likeable, and you might be drawn to him. Meanwhile, the brooder in the corner is not going to be one that most people will approach. Both people might be expending the same energy, but one might be using that energy internally and the other externally. However, their personalities are polar opposites.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I have found the same thing. I think that some people are, quite simply, vampires, feeding off of the energy they draw from others through negative bombardment. I think the "exchange" you proffer here is nothing more than the circular dynamic of relationship. God gives, we receive, we give back to God. It's reciprocal. Love is the most basic operative dynamic in relationships, and love was meant to be given away freely. If everyone gave freely, no one would be "worn out," since everyone would be receiving at the same time.

You're energized by the love that's freely given to you, or you're "zapped" by those that suck you dry.

Random

It is certainly nothing to do with personal insecurity: this is an ignorant, low-minded view. My guess is, Ozzie, that you are in fact what certain people call a psychic sensitive, like myself. Assuming that's the case, the answer is...

Psychic Vampires. They are a symptom of Patriarchal culture, a consequence of the suppression of an unnaturally engorged libido amongst males and females. The traumata, in prehistoric times, caused this. Your entertainment media should tell you (in code) all you need to know about this: note the symbolism of Vampires, and think outside the mythological box. Stakes (phallus), Fangs (flesh-piercing, blood-drinking), artificial light (Sunlight "kills" them) etc. it is all sexual and all an expression of repressed urges to consume. These are encouraged by the Powere That Be for obvious reasons: consumer society. It is a very dark area. People whose wills are weakened by these subliminal urges project psychically all the repressed garbage and others who are psychic sensitives pick up on this easily and feel drained or enervated by it.

Meditate, focus your mind, discipline your body and Spirit (awareness). This enhances ones natural psychic defences.

You may even learn to consciously project positive energy in time, yourself.

Draka

Wonder Woman
There are different types of energy manipulations. There is vampirism, which is drawing on others' energy, and radiation, which is having the ability to build and radiate/transfer energy, and there is channelling, which is all of the above.

Most people have no idea that they are even doing this. It is something, however, that once you become aware of you can practice how to control. I would vamp some people at times and wouldn't even know it. They would become tired while I would become almost hyper I was so energized. Once I realized what I was doing I concentrated on how, and then how to control it. I then realized that I could build up, store, and transfer energy as well. Also, once you can identify energy transfers happening to you, and already know a bit how to control your own energy transfers, then you can develop how to block vampirism.

I realize that this may sound ridiculous to those who don't believe in a universal energy that is shared among all life, but if you can grasp and accept that concept, it makes sense.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I realize that this may sound ridiculous to those who don't believe in a universal energy that is shared among all life, but if you can grasp and accept that concept, it makes sense.

Even without believing in "universal energy," I think there's a psycho-somatic reality to what you posted about, and it is excellent and valuable information. Thanks.

Isabella Lecour

You're walking into hormone / phremones clouds. All the bad vibes and drawing of energy is just a warning that those folks are going to take a lot of time when you deal with them The person who gets you energised either was in a good mood or wanted everyone in a good mood plus natural carasima. With effort you can determin what you project.

Ozzie

I think instead of energy, you are responding to people's personality. The reason I say this is you could have a person with a magnetic personality who enters a room smiling and being very likeable, and you might be drawn to him. Meanwhile, the brooder in the corner is not going to be one that most people will approach. Both people might be expending the same energy, but one might be using that energy internally and the other externally. However, their personalities are polar opposites.
If it is similar "energy" that attracts or repels, this would invert magnetism.

Ozzie

doppelgänger;890509 said:
Even without believing in "universal energy," I think there's a psycho-somatic reality to what you posted about, and it is excellent and valuable information. Thanks.
Psycho-somatic reality. Hmmm.. It is also a conscious reality. Do you think it is fair enough to view the other as stimuli?

Ozzie

I have found the same thing. I think that some people are, quite simply, vampires, feeding off of the energy they draw from others through negative bombardment. I think the "exchange" you proffer here is nothing more than the circular dynamic of relationship. God gives, we receive, we give back to God. It's reciprocal. Love is the most basic operative dynamic in relationships, and love was meant to be given away freely. If everyone gave freely, no one would be "worn out," since everyone would be receiving at the same time.

You're energized by the love that's freely given to you, or you're "zapped" by those that suck you dry.
Can those that draw energy reliably be referred to as vampires and those that give out as donors according to you?

You are right in describing these things as part of a circular dynamic. What is my part in the dynamic? This issue is the reason for asking if I can develop my capacities to draw energy or put it out by practicing methods.

Do you view your relationship with God in the same way as someone in room who might happen to attract or repel you? Is God another person in the room for you?

Thanks for your response.

Ozzie

It is certainly nothing to do with personal insecurity: this is an ignorant, low-minded view. My guess is, Ozzie, that you are in fact what certain people call a psychic sensitive, like myself. Assuming that's the case, the answer is...

Psychic Vampires. They are a symptom of Patriarchal culture, a consequence of the suppression of an unnaturally engorged libido amongst males and females. The traumata, in prehistoric times, caused this. Your entertainment media should tell you (in code) all you need to know about this: note the symbolism of Vampires, and think outside the mythological box. Stakes (phallus), Fangs (flesh-piercing, blood-drinking), artificial light (Sunlight "kills" them) etc. it is all sexual and all an expression of repressed urges to consume. These are encouraged by the Powere That Be for obvious reasons: consumer society. It is a very dark area. People whose wills are weakened by these subliminal urges project psychically all the repressed garbage and others who are psychic sensitives pick up on this easily and feel drained or enervated by it.

Meditate, focus your mind, discipline your body and Spirit (awareness). This enhances ones natural psychic defences.

You may even learn to consciously project positive energy in time, yourself.
I am actually a dominant left brain thinker. I have been working for years to develop confidence and trust in my right side because it speaks unmediated truth. Your description of sexual content and repression are also characteristics of the right side, hence its ambiguous morality IMO.

Ozzie

There are different types of energy manipulations. There is vampirism, which is drawing on others' energy, and radiation, which is having the ability to build and radiate/transfer energy, and there is channelling, which is all of the above.

Most people have no idea that they are even doing this. It is something, however, that once you become aware of you can practice how to control. I would vamp some people at times and wouldn't even know it. They would become tired while I would become almost hyper I was so energized. Once I realized what I was doing I concentrated on how, and then how to control it. I then realized that I could build up, store, and transfer energy as well. Also, once you can identify energy transfers happening to you, and already know a bit how to control your own energy transfers, then you can develop how to block vampirism.

I think it is part of our folkwisdom that others can drain or energise us. It is based on everyday experience.

Is developing these capacities in a controlled fashion possible? That is a question. It could be strategic. Is it more than that?

Ozzie

You're walking into hormone / phremones clouds. All the bad vibes and drawing of energy is just a warning that those folks are going to take a lot of time when you deal with them The person who gets you energised either was in a good mood or wanted everyone in a good mood plus natural carasima. With effort you can determin what you project.
Pheremones are a case in point for putting out. :yes: Good example! Maybe becoming energised is about arousal??? Anyway I would like to know more about what you mean by determining projection with effort.

Oz.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Psycho-somatic reality. Hmmm.. It is also a conscious reality. Do you think it is fair enough to view the other as stimuli?
I think so . . . but only in a "transactional" sense. The spirit/energy/attitude/emotions (hereinafter the "vibe") as perceived, can have an effect upon my own emotional/spiriutal/psychological state (and accompanying physical manifestations). It may not be the vibe someone intends to give off and it's just a matter of my mood and disposition and perspective that I perceive it as such. And the less information I have, the more room for miscommunication - as with this forum, where I can't perceive facial and body language, voice inflection, etc. Some of this vibe is probably transmitted through pheromones as someone mentioned above, but just talking on the phone or corresponding in a forum can be enlivening or draining all by itself. And the more clear the vibe communication is, the more likely I am to transact with someone else's vibe.