• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doubt with one of the Armanen runes

agorman

Premium Member
Did anybody else notice that Armenen rune Fa looks exactly like an inverted Ansuz rune from the Futhark? Should I take the Armanen runes seriously? Thank you.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I'm not sure the two pieces are connected. Why would Fa being an inverted Ansuz have anything to do with the seriousness of the set? Typically when I draw Fehu I leave the bottom piece of line off anyway to save time.

That being said, the Armanen runes are not exactly historic. Whether you ascribe validity to the set is not really something we can decide.

agorman

Premium Member
Then I suppose it's all up to the intention of the rune user. If you intend to use Fa instead of an inverted Ansuz, then it's a Fa. From my point of view, as soon as I saw Fa, I saw an inverted Ansuz, which BTW has a very different meaning.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Then I suppose it's all up to the intention of the rune user. If you intend to use Fa instead of an inverted Ansuz, then it's a Fa. From my point of view, as soon as I saw Fa, I saw an inverted Ansuz, which BTW has a very different meaning.

Or perhaps it requires a different perspective. Throwing merkstaves aside, Ansuz and Fehu appear to represent dualistic principles: god and beast, spirit and matter. Under this light it would make perfect sense for one to be the reflection of the other.