• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't You Get it?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The fighting is unacceptable to me.

Greediness and love to control are the reason for making wars, they create borders and divide people,
they created racism in order to rule the land and the people inside their land.

The leaders and their decisions are the one causing the wars, some even created religion to
divide people and to use it to rule the land and the people in the land.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Greediness and love to control are the reason for making wars, they create borders and divide people,
they created racism in order to rule the land and the people inside their land.

The leaders and their decisions are the one causing the wars, some even created religion to
divide people and to use it to rule the land and the people in the land.
While I agree that greed for resources and power is the reason for war, I don't think it is the reason for boundearies between people.

We function better in small groups. Our ultimmate group is the Family. A child can't be raised by the human race. We identify with larger and larger groups, which get less intimate as they get larger. A church is a social group that meets a lot of needs. It gives less materially and defense wise than, say, a national government, but it is emotionally much more intimate. In the same way, a national government is more emotionally satisfying than simply being a world without borders. Basically, we need our small groups, but we need our small groups to get along.

Racism, sexism, "religionism", etc., have to do with our biological predisposition to "us/them" mentality. Research studies show you can randomly assign participants to two groups, have each group schmooze independently for 15 minutes, and afterwards each participant will score their own group as smarter, friendlier, better looking, etc. Us and them. It's so ingrained that if we didn't discriminate on race, religion, sex, etc., we would discriminate based on which end a person cracks their egg.