• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't Get Near Me

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Wearing a face covering at a time like this is just common courtesy.
This!

I'm personally not scared of C19. But I have loved ones who are greatly at risk. I do it for them.

If I got the virus, I'd probably get over it in a day or two. I might not even notice that I did! But my mom and mother-in-law are in serious risk categories. They would probably die. So I'm really difficult about it.

I learned how to be judgemental from conservative Catholics. I can do it with the best of them.
Tom

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I won't feel satisfied until you get a shot with some dubious vaccine that you may be allergic to, or may have nasty side-effects.

So, I take it that you're one of them irresponsible anti-vaxxers?

Tomorrow, they'll probably mostly go to church without me, because I refuse to put up with this mask thing.

"this mask thing". :rolleyes:

Ever wondered why surgeons etc wear them? Answer: because if that have some virus, chances are rather huge that they'll pass it on to the patient, who's already weakend due to whatever reason that (s)he's in the hospital.

They wear them becaue it prevents desease from spreading.

See, those masks... they aren't meant for "self protection". They are meant to protect others from yourself. If you are infected without knowing, then wearing a mask will reduce the risk of you infecting others immensly. Masks protect yourself very little and will give you a false sense of security. They aren't meant for self-protection. They are meant to protect others.

There are a lot of irresponsible "sceptics" like you in the US. The result is that for the past week, every single day a new record was set in new infections.

It's a bunch of people using an excuse to have nothing to do with each other anymore.

Or maybe, just maybe, they don't wish to contract this lung-destroying desease?
My mom is paranoid as well. And for good reason. She's an 80-year old diabetic. If she gets infected, chances are rather huge that she'll die from it. I much prefer her to be paranoid instead of irresponsible like you. My daughter was born a month or so before the crisis began. I'ld like it if my mom were still around in a couple of months, so that she can hold her granddaughter in her arms.

Fine then, don't get near me, either. Church hasn't been the same anymore anyway. But if you're interested, religion means to "reconnect."

Who cares what it means amidst a global health crisis?

Definition of Religion - The Real Meaning of the Word Religion

Whether you are Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, Sikh, Christian, or whatever, the point of religion is that to quote the Beatle's song,

Someone knockin' at the door
Somebody ringin' the bell
Someone's knockin' at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Do me a favor
Open the door, and let 'em in​

And if they were to write that song today in context of the health crisis, they'ld add another line saying "but stay 2 meters away or wear a mask, and wash your hands".​

Stop worrying about whether you're good enough. Or "clean" enough. People also need you. It's a two-way street.

A health crisis trumps social convention.

Tell you what... go be nurse in a hospital in the covid19 wing. Then you can be part of the arbitrary decision of who gets treatment and who doesn't. You'll have the privilege of deciding who gets to die and who gets to live.

Then try repeating the irresponsible nonsense you are spouting here

Other people might make you sick (of them). Are you willing to take this risk? Or will you say "Don't Get Near Me!" when Jesus (whoever is least of these) knocks on your door.

Anyone not part of my social bubble doesn't get access to my house for the duration of the crisis. I'll gladly have a discussion with someone out on the street when there's a responsible social distance between us.

Last edited:

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Im requesting people back away from me and keep their distance. Im not sorry if that upsets you or bothers you

On the contrary. It upsets me when others insist on being irresponsible.

I have me to watch out for

Not just that. YOU also have OTHERS to watch out for.
You could be infected without noticing. So you could just as well be infecting others.

So, yes, stay away. I won't be held accountable for your feelings or getting upset because I dont wantt you putting me at higher risk.

Or vice versa.

The other day an 70+ year old asked me to use my phone. I told her that it would be irresponsible of me to do so. So instead, I asked her why she required the phone and I made the phonecall for her.

And by the way, I run on the elliptical with moderate resistance at a 7 mph rate, with a mask on. Im just fine. And they are nothing like the Mark. If you look at pictures from the Spanish flu, alot of people youll see are wearing masks even then.

It won't resonate with Samantha, because obviously she thinks medical science is some kind of voodoo or something that you don't need to pay any attention to. In fact, even worse: she thinks it must be ignored and that it does more harm then good. That much is clear with her implied anti-vaxxer sentiments.

People like her put others in grave danger due to such irresponsible behaviour.
It's because of people like here that Corona is completely out of control in the US - and it will only get worse.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not just that. YOU also have OTHERS to watch out for.
You could be infected without noticing. So you could just as well be infecting others.
Precisely why we need to wear masks. And it just is not asking much. You'd think people living today were the ones being called off to fight a massive wat and give to thebwar effort. Wear a mask? Sure thing. No problem. Certainly far easier than the two weeks I had to completely stay home (amd that was just the doctor being careful due to me having covid-like symptoms).

Rational Agnostic

I don't think Jesus would approve of putting others at risk for completely selfish reasons. Jesus was about curing disease, not spreading it.

I'm not sure about that. With all of the massive pandemics that have affected the world throughout human history, and Jesus being the supreme omnipotent overlord of the universe, one would think he's more about spreading disease than curing it.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
An Atheist blaming Jesus for the world's problems, what a lame cop out!!

QuestioningMind

Or, Coronavirus as a Spiritual Metaphor

I was watching an argument between my mother and father (I'm 38, but never been financially successful, so I figured it was better to live at home that try to kid myself and wind up in debt, right now I'm glad I did though... this is a terrible time to live at an apartment). My dad had apparently set up an invite for friends to come to his house (mainly just two people, a husband and wife, I think). My mom buys into the whole mask notion, my dad's skeptical, so between that and drawing some comparisons to the Mark basically I refuse to wear one, preferring to stay home or go to outdoor venues only. Plus I've watched my own mother get sicker from this thing not only physically but also emotionally, getting more and more paranoid and fearful.
But I digress. During this setup where my dad's inviting friends, and my mom's getting neurotic and wanting to clean the whole house or something, so my mom calls for dinner several times and my dad is deleting email (seriously, just close the computer, it'll be there when you open it again). After dinner, this sets off an argument. We wash dishes after dinner, so I'm kinda held captive by chores, and can't leave this argument. My mom has been ignoring what my dad said for like five minutes. My dad's like "Okay seriously, what is wrong?" And he goes over towards her, and then she screams out "Don't Get Near Me!" The title of this thread, basically.

Don't get near me. I haven't seen anyone in my area so much as sneeze, but don't come into my business, at least without a mask. Don't get near me. Stay six feet away, in fact make that six feet in any direction, and I'm not even sure that's enough. Don't get near me. At least until you sign this form telling me when you've been, in case I want to report you to the police or medical authorities and have you quarantined for the rest of your life. Don't get near me. Think of those statistics, think of how you are a threat to others! I won't feel satisfied until you get a shot with some dubious vaccine that you may be allergic to, or may have nasty side-effects. In fact, really none of this will help. I've decided I don't want you here anymore, so don't get near me.

Mom eventually settled down, and they went to a July 4th party, leaving me alone in the house. Tomorrow, they'll probably mostly go to church without me, because I refuse to put up with this mask thing. I can see why I do that now. It's a bunch of people using an excuse to have nothing to do with each other anymore. Fine then, don't get near me, either. Church hasn't been the same anymore anyway. But if you're interested, religion means to "reconnect."

Definition of Religion - The Real Meaning of the Word Religion

Whether you are Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, Sikh, Christian, or whatever, the point of religion is that to quote the Beatle's song,

Someone knockin' at the door
Somebody ringin' the bell
Someone's knockin' at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Do me a favor
Open the door, and let 'em in​

joyful10.gif

Stop worrying about whether you're good enough. Or "clean" enough. People also need you. It's a two-way street. Other people might make you sick (of them). Are you willing to take this risk? Or will you say "Don't Get Near Me!" when Jesus (whoever is least of these) knocks on your door.

My mom buys into the whole mask notion,

Suggesting that you and your father don't 'but into' the whole notion. When did we become a nation of people who decides if they 'buy into' reality or not? All of the people who have spent their lives studying disease and how it spreads during a pandemic all agree that wearing a mask is just common sense during the current crisis. It's not a matter up for debate that you either buy into or you don't. You may as well be telling us that your mom buys into the whole 'gravity' notion.