• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't Fear the Reaper

allfoak

Alchemist
Certainly it is. If you have no evidence it exists, how else did you come to that conclusion?
I have evidence that you are unable to discern.
To think like this is akin to having a key that opens the door to all the answers and never using it.
Like a husband and wife living at opposite ends of a house and wondering why they don't have any children.
Or like wiring a house all positive or all negative and wondering why the lights don't work.
Without the coming together of reason and intuition, only a very limited understanding of life can be achieved.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
I have evidence that you are unable to discern.
To think like this is akin to having a key that opens the door to all the answers and never using it.
Like a husband and wife living at opposite ends of a house and wondering why they don't have any children.
Or like wiring a house all positive or all negative and wondering why the lights don't work.
Without the coming together of reason and intuition, only a very limited understanding of life can be achieved.

You have no evidence. You have wishful thinking. You have wishes and desires. None of that is evidence. You are positing causes which you cannot show are actually so.

None of that is impressive, except to the gullible.

allfoak

Alchemist
You have no evidence. You have wishful thinking. You have wishes and desires. None of that is evidence. You are positing causes which you cannot show are actually so.

None of that is impressive, except to the gullible.
Then you are impressed?
I mean after all, if someone ignores a part of oneself i would say that there is a gullibility factor.
I understand your way of thinking and my own.
That leaves you only understanding half of the conversation and that half is your half.

I am thinking this conversation should end or be radically redirected in the next post.:)

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Then you are impressed?
I mean after all, if someone ignores a part of oneself i would say that there is a gullibility factor.
I understand your way of thinking and my own.
That leaves you only understanding half of the conversation and that half is your half.

I am thinking this conversation should end or be radically redirected in the next post.:)

There is no "part of oneself". There is only reality. How you feel about reality or what you like about reality is irrelevant. You either accept reality as reality is or you're wrong. People tend to get all emotional about things, buying into things that make them feel good whether those things are factually correct or not. That doesn't impress me. I don't care about your feelings, I only care about the facts.