• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't Blame Me For Not Accepting Jesus

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Just as no argument will convince you that your beliefs are based on mythology that has no basis in reality.

You initially made the claim you had a good argument for your position, I wanted to hear it. If you don't want people to want you to back up your claims, the easiest way would to do that would be to not make claims in the first place.

Changed lives is a good argument. It changed my life... it is a good enough argument for me. Or are you saying the changing the lives of these two people that turned the tide on slavery not a good thing?

I don't expect any argument to be good enough for you. As a freewill spiritual agent, you are welcomed to have a different viewpoint and you will find me as a great supporter for you to believe whatever you want to believe.

As far as evidence, which you don't accept, the tomb is empty, there were witnesses of his death, burial and resurrection and the message was known to all.

We have eye witnesses and we have historical record.

I know it doesn't suffice for you, but then again you can't please everyone. I stand with your right to believe differently.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I believe the one attributed to you by Jesus. He has judged you and found you guilty.
He has? But he has not given me a trial, he has brought no formal accusations before me, nor have I had the chance to face my accuser.
Funny how some Deists (and quite possibly Agnostic given some of their writings) very determined to create a secular society created a justice system that is far superior and advanced to this crap of being charged without formal accusation or notification, without evidence being presented, without trial, without chance to defend myself, and judged by a absolute monarch rather a jury of my peers. And if a book that says you can't eat rabbits because they chew their cud is your only source to try to pin this guilt onto me, then I stand by my claim I do not have this guilt, and remain free of this "guilt of sin."

Skwim

Veteran Member
Muffled said:
Skwim said:
In light of Jesus' remark where he makes the distinction between himself and god, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? by highlighting the above I hope you recognize the logical fallacy you've committed here. Not that it matters to me, but it might help in cleaning up your thinking.

My, aren't you a sweetheart. I don't buy into the guilt trip Christians like to lay on all those who don't join their fraternity. So I'm no better than those who rape and kill five year old girls. Whose your mentor, Donald Trump?

I believe there is none to recognize.

Here, let me spell it out for you. You said,

". . . God is good and everything else is bad."

This means everything in the universe other than god is bad, which would include Jesus, unless he's god. However, according to Jesus' own words,

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

he differentiates himself from god. If Jesus is one in the same as god why would he be appealing to himself? He wouldn't, which means that according to your own statement ". . . God is good and everything else is bad." Jesus is bad.

I believe you ought to respond instead of ducking the issue.
Well, the first part of the issue was

"Just in case you need a new perspective on it, God is good and everything else is bad."

which I addressed, and the second part is:

"When You choose Jesus, you choose good and when you refuse Jesus you choose evil."

which, according to the conclusion above, wherein Jesus is not god, and god is the only good in the universe, doesn't compute. Choosing Jesus CANNOT be choosing good. Ya can't have it both ways, Muffled.

I believe I call them the way I see them.
Which is all the more the shame; accusing someone as being on the same side as those who rape and kill five year old girls simply because they reject the claim that "According to Christian theology if I don't accept Jesus as my savior I will never make it into heaven and could likely end up in hell."

Your absurd damnation is duly noted.

Last edited:

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Lets look at it this way. What if I fail to accept Donald Trump as my president. I didn't vote for him. I don't believe he is qualified. I don't believe he has my best interests at heart. If he creates a law that I don't agree with, what happens if I break that law and get caught. He failed to persuade me that I should follow any thing he says or does. Those that present his case are as idiotic as he is. The only case they have is a piece of paper written over 200 years ago that has no connection to me. Why should I be penalized for ignoring him.
There is a big difference. Even though you might not agree with or support the Donald, you know, in actuality, he is the president. If he signs a new piece of legislation, it won't be just his, but it will have been passed by congress as well (keep in mind, executive orders aren't legislation). You will know that you are required to follow the law even if you don't agree with it. In regards to Jesus, those who don't believe in him, don't believe he is divine or speaks for God, and/or don't believe the quotes attributed to him in the Bible are accurate have no reason to believe that the laws or rules attributed to him have any validity whatsoever. Furthermore, they don't believe that they are required to follow those laws.

With Trump, there is no plausible claim of ignorance. With Jesus, there is. We all know that Trump has authority. We don't know that Jesus had any.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
There is a big difference. Even though you might not agree with or support the Donald, you know, in actuality, he is the president. If he signs a new piece of legislation, it won't be just his, but it will have been passed by congress as well (keep in mind, executive orders aren't legislation). You will know that you are required to follow the law even if you don't agree with it. In regards to Jesus, those who don't believe in him, don't believe he is divine or speaks for God, and/or don't believe the quotes attributed to him in the Bible are accurate have no reason to believe that the laws or rules attributed to him have any validity whatsoever. Furthermore, they don't believe that they are required to follow those laws.

With Trump, there is no plausible claim of ignorance. With Jesus, there is. We all know that Trump has authority. We don't know that Jesus had any.

First off a lot of your claims are void if I don't live in the United States. He is not my president yet can still effect my life by signing legislation. Tariffs, Immigration rules, and even declaring war. In this way he is still like God. If I break a law in the United States that is not a law in my country and am not a diplomat I am still imprisoned. Lastly I don't believe in him in any way shape or form.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
First off a lot of your claims are void if I don't live in the United States. He is not my president yet can still effect my life by signing legislation. Tariffs, Immigration rules, and even declaring war. In this way he is still like God. If I break a law in the United States that is not a law in my country and am not a diplomat I am still imprisoned. Lastly I don't believe in him in any way shape or form.
You do, however, know that if you are visiting the U.S., you are required to follow the laws of the land, no matter whether you respect or like Trump or not. Those who do not believe that Jesus had any authority do not know that they are bound by the laws/rules stated by Jesus.