• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donmeh-Sabbateans in (Secular Republic of) Turkey

I am uncertain how many people are familiar with this tale that is known to students of Medieval Judaism/Islam or Ottoman history.

But in the middle of the 17th century a false messiah named Sabbatai(Saturn in English) Svi emerged in Islambul, Ottoman Empire, which absorbed the expelled from Spain Jews when Muslim Spain was brutally laid waste to by Europe, total ethnic cleansing of the culture that had made Spain the jewel of Europe and the Jews who also helped make it great. Whoever managed to escape was lucky to be given sanctuary by the Ottoman Empire.

But the declaration that he was the "Messiah" to the Sultan, was not a wise decision and he was already known for his heretical sect of Kabbalists that practiced a 180° form of Mosaic law. "Thou shalt not" became "Thou shall" and so on. Originally they thought by draining the evil from the Universe through mass sin would the Messiah be "forced" to arrive.

Or in the words of Isaiah Tishby: " They turned it inside out in their attempts to find support for all kinds of heretical opinions that arose and flourished in the life of the sect. The necessity for, and the religious role of, apostasy on the part of the messiah, and indeed the Jewish masses, the denial of the authority of the practical mizvot, the condoning of licentiousness, and the transforming of licentious practices into religous duties, the deification of the messiah, and the belief in the incarnation of God in the body of the messiah.

Orthodox Jewish Rabbis are known to say after the name Sabbatai Svi, "May his bones be ground to dust."

I can't say I blame them or the Sultan who imprisoned Svi for seditious activity and told him if he was the messiah certainly he could not be killed because God would not allow that to happen, a rational proposal was given him, he could test his own claim to being the messiah and if God saved him he would be declared the Messiah but if he died he died. Or he could become a Muslim.

To the disappointment of many of his loyal followers he chose to don a turban and take Shahada.

To the disappointment of Muslims in Turkey today so did many of his followers who interpreted it as a part of his master plan.

I say this because the "Donmeh" or converts, from Sabbateanism, never converted in truth and remained secret Sabbateans.

After the demise of the Ottoman Empire a Donmeh named Kamal Ataturk founded "The secular Republic of Turkey." Effectivelybanishing religion to inside the Mosques and Churches, Synogogues in Turkey. This is not the doing of a Muslim who believes that the way of doing things that works for Muslim countries, and it worked for everyone not just Muslims, is the way a predominantly Muslim country should be governed, by Islam, Sharia, with freedom of religion and no need for secularism.

No Muslim would call a Muslim governed country a "Secular Republic" or make it one. But a Donmeh false convert loyal to Sabbatai Svi and allegedly a descendant of that pseudo-messiah who led the Jews astray...would. Ataturk did and was, respectively.

I make this thread because I hear concerned people, unaware, blaming Islam for the absence of a large Christian population in Turkey.

"Secular Republic of Turkey", as it is officially known (as of at least a week ago, I could be wrong today which is irrelevant to this thread anyway)...

Is NOT a "Muslim nation" is NOT governed by Islam. Islam is actually a persecuted religion as are any in the "Secular Republic." There are mostly Muslims in Turkey because it's their ancestral home and for other reasons.

But Israel has more influence in the government of Turkey than Islam does, and they have a lot of it too.

Sabbateans in Europe would later plague the RCC at the direction of Jacob Frank, who claimed to be Svi reincarnated and is a person everyone should learn about. Good luck finding a biography about him, they are out of print and expensive if found at all.

You will find many Sabbatean-Frankists in America in that ever so satanic industry called Hollywood and the media, its inbred cousin.

Donmeh Turkey is a Masonic-Zionist outpost and that is all I want to say about that. Feel free to take that last statement as my personal conclusion.

Everything prior is actual history and can be discussed as such, and is not meant to be debated as it is documented by many authors, Jews condemning Svi especially, and Ataturk being Donmeh is also not a secret by any means. There is an entire website dedicated to it called, derogatorily (like that helps) "Atajew".com. Far from the only source of information on the matter it is informative despite its silly, albeit accurate, domain name.

Last edited:
What is it you hope to discuss?

Everything I just said, what else?

Certainly you are capable of commenting on something I said and don't have to ask that question. So why did you ask?

And why don't you do what I suggested you do and comment about something I said or ask a question about the same.

I didn't use a question mark because "why" was rhetorical and it is not actually a question because I am telling you to do that if you are asking how it is you can participate, that is how.

I should not honestly have to explain to you how this works though, should I?

I will answer myself. No, I should not.

There is plenty to discuss. False messiahs, fake converts to Islam who after a few centuries managed to wrestle control of the new Secular Republic of Turkey.

You can also talk about the "Young Turks" who also were Donmeh.

You just have to have a little knowledge or the good sense to ask a question that is productive, not one that is the equivalent of saying that you didn't read a single word or did and don't remember or maybe you just don't care, if so, you don't have to be here is the good news.

I will add that this was done not by but in the name of Sultan Mehmed IV in the year 1666.

Khoprulu was, I believe, the name of the individual who actually proposed the options to Svi.
1-6-6-6, 1000+666 years AD, after the year of the birth of Jesus (pbwh).

What is it you hope to discuss?

I honestly don't mean to be rude but I obviously intend on discussing what I wrote about. That's why I wrote about it, to discuss it.

That is just the way it goes. I am sorry if it is not generating much interest but I can live with it if you can.

Kirran

Premium Member
You wrote a long post claiming many things as facts. It seems more like you are trying to inform people of these 'truths' than to talk about or compare anything.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Sabbatai(Saturn in English) Svi
Sabbatai doesn't mean Saturn in English. Saturn is the name of the Roman god of agriculture. Sabbatai is a regular person's name derived from the Hebrew word for the seventh day of the week: Sabbath. Saturn is the seventh "planet" among the seven classical planets, so it was given this name as well in Hebrew.

emerged in Islambul, Ottoman Empire, which absorbed the expelled from Spain Jews when Muslim Spain was brutally laid waste to by Europe, total ethnic cleansing of the culture that had made Spain the jewel of Europe and the Jews who also helped make it great. Whoever managed to escape was lucky to be given sanctuary by the Ottoman Empire.
Europe is not an entity at that time. Christianity perhaps was. Either way the rulers at the time were specifically the Spanish Empire.

The Alhambra Decree (1492) expelled Jews specifically from Spain. Muslims were still living openly in the Spanish Empire and later revolted (1499).
Al-Andalus - Wikipedia

The purpose of the expulsion wasn't ethnic cleansing but to prevent practicing Jews from impacting their newly converted to Christianity brothers from reverting to Judaism.
Alhambra Decree - Wikipedia

They didn't escape but were kicked out. That's why its called the Spanish Expulsion.

To the disappointment of Muslims in Turkey today so did many of his followers who interpreted it as a part of his master plan.
How many Muslims in Turkey today have expressed this dissapointment?

After the demise of the Ottoman Empire a Donmeh named Kamal Ataturk founded "The secular Republic of Turkey."
That doesn't seem to be proven.
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk's personal life - Wikipedia

Effectivelybanishing religion to inside the Mosques and Churches, Synogogues in Turkey. This is not the doing of a Muslim who believes that the way of doing things that works for Muslim countries, and it worked for everyone not just Muslims, is the way a predominantly Muslim country should be governed, by Islam, Sharia, with freedom of religion and no need for secularism

No Muslim would call a Muslim governed country a "Secular Republic" or make it one. But a Donmeh false convert loyal to Sabbatai Svi and allegedly a descendant of that pseudo-messiah who led the Jews astray...would. Ataturk did and was, respectively.
Not conforming to regular Muslim beliefs does prove that he was a Donmeh. It seems he just had a different view on the place of religion in life.

It looks like he may have been a secular or not-so-devout Muslim. You have not presented any reason to believe that calling a Muslim governed country a "Secular Republic" is part of Donmeh ideology.
Dönmeh - Wikipedia

I make this thread because I hear concerned people, unaware, blaming Islam for the absence of a large Christian population in Turkey.
There are already reasons for the small Christian population in Turkey that are not based on conspiracy theories.
Christianity in Turkey - Wikipedia

"Secular Republic of Turkey", as it is officially known (as of at least a week ago, I could be wrong today which is irrelevant to this thread anyway)...

Is NOT a "Muslim nation" is NOT governed by Islam. Islam is actually a persecuted religion as are any in the "Secular Republic." There are mostly Muslims in Turkey because it's their ancestral home and for other reasons.
Turkey seems to consider itself a secular country albeit one with a Muslim majority.
Turkey - Wikipedia
Islam in Turkey - Wikipedia

But Israel has more influence in the government of Turkey than Islam does, and they have a lot of it too.
You'll have to provide some proof that a country with a 99% Muslim population and has the Diyanet is more influenced by Israel than Islam.
Presidency of Religious Affairs - Wikipedia

Sabbateans in Europe would later plague the RCC at the direction of Jacob Frank, who claimed to be Svi reincarnated and is a person everyone should learn about. Good luck finding a biography about him, they are out of print and expensive if found at all.
Sabbatai Sevi: The Mystical Messiah (Bollingen Series, No. 93): Gershom Gerhard Scholem, R. J. Zwi Werblowsky: 9780691018096: Amazon.com: Books
https://www.amazon.com/Sabbatai-Zevi-Testimonies-Messiah-Civilization/dp/1906764247

Amazon.com: Jacob Frank: The End to the Sabbatain Heresy (9780761818632): Alexandr Kraushar, Herbert Levy: Books
https://www.amazon.com/Mixed-Multitude-Frankist-Movement-1755-1816/dp/0812223438

You will find many Sabbatean-Frankists in America in that ever so satanic industry called Hollywood and the media, its inbred cousin.
Will you?

Donmeh Turkey is a Masonic-Zionist outpost and that is all I want to say about that. Feel free to take that last statement as my personal conclusion.
And here comes the conspiracy theories. Mason-Zionism. First brought to light by the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, so you know it true.

Judeo-Masonic conspiracy theory - Wikipedia

This statement right here, clarifies the light with which to read the rest of your OP. Take that as my personal conclusion.

Everything prior is actual history and can be discussed as such, and is not meant to be debated as it is documented by many authors, Jews condemning Svi especially, and Ataturk being Donmeh is also not a secret by any means. There is an entire website dedicated to it called, derogatorily (like that helps) "Atajew".com. Far from the only source of information on the matter it is informative despite its silly, albeit accurate, domain name.
On the website that calls Ataturk a Jew:

"I'm a descendant of Sabbetai Zevi - not indeed a Jew any more, but an ardent admirer of this prophet of yours. My opinion is that every Jew in this country would do well to join his camp."

During their second meeting, held 10 days later in the same hotel, Mustafa Kemal said at one point:

" 'I have at home a Hebrew Bible printed in Venice. It's rather old, and I remember my father bringing me to a Karaite teacher who taught me to read it. I can still remember a few words of it, such as --' "

And Ben-Avi continues:
"He paused for a moment, his eyes searching for something in space. Then he recalled:
" 'Shema Yisra'el, Adonai Elohenu, Adonai Ehad!'
" 'That's our most important prayer, Captain.'
" 'And my secret prayer too, cher monsieur,' he replied, refilling our glasses."
Unsurprisingly, all this article does is explain that among Sabbetai Svi is one of his ancestors and Ataturk appreciates Sabbatean ideology. And that he believes in one G-d. Nowhere does he say that his parents were Sabbatean or that he is not currently (as of the article) a Muslim. Its doubtful that a Sabbatean would have his son learn from a Karaite as the two ideologies are exclusive to each other.

I just don't see facts or useful information in this OP.

Last edited:
You wrote a long post claiming many things as facts. It seems more like you are trying to inform people of these 'truths' than to talk about or compare anything.

And what is supposed to be wrong about sharing the truth. Truths, the truth about many things, are essential to knowledge and understanding of anything.

I have no reaction to your apparently sarcastic use of truths other than it is your fault for being unaware of history, Sabbatai Svi is written about by hordes of authors, Gershom Scholem being probably the most prominent and respected to cover the subject of the Sabbateans, you can verify that on your own in 5 seconds, if you are even just looking for confirmation of historicity of what I say about Svi even Wikipedia has an article.

Regarding Ataturk and the young Turks, you don't have to be a professional historical investigator to uncover his Donmeh-Sabbatean beliefs, it might take some effort but you can also confirm that on your own.

I am not to be blamed for either your not knowing anything, or refusal to look into and at least be informed before spewing your criticism. Or if you find confirmation and just refuse to accept or acknowledge I was telling the truth, and I am.

Here is some criticism. I think you were too lazy to look into it and educate yourself briefly but thoroughly enough to participate in a discussion about several chapters of history of religion and history in general.

You don't understand the subject matter whatsoever and are bored enough to tell me so.

And you think I am to blame for this.

Well, thank you. Salaam.

Sabbatai doesn't mean Saturn in English. Saturn is the name of the Roman god of agriculture. Sabbatai is a regular person's name derived from the Hebrew word for the seventh day of the week: Sabbath. Saturn is the seventh "planet" among the seven classical planets, so it was given this name as well in Hebrew.

Europe is not an entity at that time. Christianity perhaps was. Either way the rulers at the time were specifically the Spanish Empire.

The Alhambra Decree (1492) expelled Jews specifically from Spain. Muslims were still living openly in the Spanish Empire and later revolted (1499).
Al-Andalus - Wikipedia

The purpose of the expulsion wasn't ethnic cleansing but to prevent practicing Jews from impacting their newly converted to Christianity brothers from reverting to Judaism.
Alhambra Decree - Wikipedia

They didn't escape but were kicked out. That's why its called the Spanish Expulsion.

How many Muslims in Turkey today have expressed this dissapointment?

That doesn't seem to be proven.

Not conforming to regular Muslim beliefs does prove that he was a Donmeh. It seems he just had a different view on the place of religion in life.

It looks like he may have been a secular or not-so-devout Muslim. You have not presented any reason to believe that calling a Muslim governed country a "Secular Republic" is part of Donmeh ideology.
Dönmeh - Wikipedia

There are already reasons for the small Christian population in Turkey that are not based on conspiracy theories.
Christianity in Turkey - Wikipedia

Turkey seems to consider itself a secular country albeit one with a Muslim majority.
Turkey - Wikipedia
Islam in Turkey - Wikipedia

You'll have to provide some proof that a country with a 99% Muslim population and has the Diyanet is more influenced by Israel than Islam.
Presidency of Religious Affairs - Wikipedia

Sabbatai Sevi: The Mystical Messiah (Bollingen Series, No. 93): Gershom Gerhard Scholem, R. J. Zwi Werblowsky: 9780691018096: Amazon.com: Books
Sabbatai Zevi: Testimonies to a Fallen Messiah (Littman Library of Jewish Civilization): David J. Halperin: 9781906764241: Amazon.com: Books

Amazon.com: Jacob Frank: The End to the Sabbatain Heresy (9780761818632): Alexandr Kraushar, Herbert Levy: Books
https://www.amazon.com/Mixed-Multitude-Frankist-Movement-1755-1816/dp/0812223438

Will you?

And here comes the conspiracy theories. Mason-Zionism. First brought to light by the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, so you know it true.

Judeo-Masonic conspiracy theory - Wikipedia

This statement right here, clarifies the light with which to read the rest of your OP. Take that as my personal conclusion.

On the website that calls Ataturk a Jew:

"I'm a descendant of Sabbetai Zevi - not indeed a Jew any more, but an ardent admirer of this prophet of yours. My opinion is that every Jew in this country would do well to join his camp."

During their second meeting, held 10 days later in the same hotel, Mustafa Kemal said at one point:

" 'I have at home a Hebrew Bible printed in Venice. It's rather old, and I remember my father bringing me to a Karaite teacher who taught me to read it. I can still remember a few words of it, such as --' "

And Ben-Avi continues:
"He paused for a moment, his eyes searching for something in space. Then he recalled:
" 'Shema Yisra'el, Adonai Elohenu, Adonai Ehad!'
" 'That's our most important prayer, Captain.'
" 'And my secret prayer too, cher monsieur,' he replied, refilling our glasses."
Unsurprisingly, all this article does is explain that among Sabbetai Svi is one of his ancestors and Ataturk appreciates Sabbatean ideology. And that he believes in one G-d. Nowhere does he say that his parents were Sabbatean or that he is not currently (as of the article) a Muslim. Its doubtful that a Sabbatean would have his son learn from a Karaite as the two ideologies are exclusive to each other.

I just don't see facts or useful information in this OP.

No, Ataturk actually admits to being a Donmeh, a false convert to Islam loyal to Sabbatai Svi, to an Israeli official maybe even the PM, I forget exactly.

He means he isn't a Jew anymore because 1. He has to pretend to be a Muslim and 2. His brand of secret inverted Judaism isn't a recognized as Judaism officially by Rabbis.

You need to do your homework before you try and make me look like I didn't because it will never work.

He calls the Shema his secret prayer, it is a Jewish prayer, altered to honor Svi, to this official, leaving out the bit about Svi also.

People like you run around trying to criticize anything you didn't learn on your own by spending about 10 minutes or so Googling a subject and using one or two sources, you even used the website I gave you but didn't learn a thing because you missed some critical information in your half arsed critique of the website.

Bra-freaking-vo! You mocked the truth because you can't deduce it is the truth or more likely don't want to.

You are, to be clear as day, dead wrong.

Do with that what you will and Salaam, may Allah give you vision.

Last edited:

Tumah

Veteran Member
No, Ataturk actually admits to being a Donmeh, a false convert to Islam loyal to Sabbatai Svi, to an Israeli official maybe even the PM, I forget exactly.

He means he isn't a Jew anymore because 1. He has to pretend to be a Muslim and 2. His brand of secret inverted Judaism isn't a recognized as Judaism officially by Rabbis.

You need to do your homework before you try and make me look like I didn't because it will never work.

He calls the Shema his secret prayer, it is a Jewish prayer, altered to honor Svi, to this official, leaving out the bit about Svi also.
I don't think you read the last portion of my response. None of the things you are saying here are substantiated by the article quoted on atajew.

I have not read everyone who responded's comments yet but I will.

Regarding the messages I have responded to, specifically the attempted denial that Ataturk admitted to being a Donmeh, a secret (heretical) Jew, the attempted denial that the website called Atajew.com doesn't confirm everything I said.

I do not know if this is dishonesty or just a lack of understanding or even just plain lazy mindedness, so I won't assume anything.

I will however provide the necessary links like I should have done as hindsight makes apparent. Forgive me for not taking into account people's need to have a link to every thing in the world because it's soooo freaking hard to just go to Google and do it yourself. That and it gives people opportunity to twist facts and take quotes out of context or misinterpret the meaning of them, whether deliberate or not.

I apologize for not factoring in the general lack of knowledge people who participate in these forums generally possess. I thought being on the internet would be taken as opportunity to learn... everything possible. It's what I do.

Then share it with people who just go online to trash talk. Apparently with no understanding of a subject it is common to believe one can still be an expert, which I myself do not claim to be or think I am.

I do however know how to find out and share the truth. Little known to most, sure, but the truth.

Which is why I am sharing it. So go ahead and be a person of mockery I will remain undeterred in what I like doing. Sharing little know facts.

I am certain you will equally remain undeterred in your mission (s) of mockery of anything you don't know and don't understand but think you do after 5 minutes on one website which I clearly said is far from the only place this information can be confirmed.

I don't think you read the last portion of my response. None of the things you are saying here are substantiated by the article quoted on atajew.

When you say ridiculous and deliberately argumentative nonsense I do stop reading so you are correct.

Good day.

I will add that it was obvious you didn't understand what he meant in your own quote, so it is not likely going to be a great way of spending my precious time reading the words of someone who doesn't understand something so simple and is obviously just looking for anything to argue about.

I have some advice. Spend more time learning FIRST, understand what you are reading and make sure of it, and don't make the impression you did, just now, ever again to anyone.

Moving forward.

www.atajew.com/?m=1 is a link to the website in its entirety.

www.atajew.com/2000/06/jewish.html?m=1 is the very same article I was using that states Ataturk was not only an admitted Donmeh-Sabbatean, but an actual (alleged to be) descendant of Svi.

Wife swapping orgiastic rituals make genealogy a bit difficult in that world of degeneracy of the Sabbateans/Donmeh.

It is far from the only available confirmation, but it is dedicated to the subject and is appropriate.

Before I respond again I will give people more time to get acquainted with the pseudo-messiah Sabbatai Svi, his sexually deviant version of Judaism called today many things and influencing everything, by control of Hollywood which is openly 'satanic' and secretly far worse than words can describe, and definitely infested with Sabbatean-Frankist scum. This is also no secret unless you are just oblivious to everything everywhere all the time and always have been.

Some of the responses, it's a thread on a forum put together using actual historical sources and quotes, are typical of the behavior I see, not in this thread but in others on this forum.

Comments that are supportive of a very evil man, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, who did a lot of evil things and was a dictator and Western sellout and a Zionist puppet, because they are too lazy to learn Islam does not deserve what is going on in the world, which is a lot but the hatred is the worst because it's all based on lies, to justify the violence commited against Syria, Iraq, anywhere they want. But we should always remember, evil he was and also did he prove what he said himself, "The bigger the lie the more people will believe it." Adolf Hitler who convinced a nation of intellectuals (even) that it was a good deed to exterminate the Jews.

Don't ever think Operation Paperclip didn't produce the same results using the same methods on other things, propaganda and mind control being important to understand, were mastered by Nazis and the CIA post WW2.

America worked with high ranking Nazis and Nazi scientists like Vaun Braun as is now declassified and common knowledge.