• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does this seem a little weird to you?

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
Sigh... back in my Christian days this was the kind of thing that made me think, "Yep... the end must be in sight...".

please tell me this is a joke my faith in humanity is already very low from the mohammed the teddybear incident and the creation of sientology. i mean it has to be right... right???

Draka

Wonder Woman
Perhaps a book about self-esteem and treating other people well, no matter what they look like, would be better? Teaching that it's important to have the "perfect nose" and such just sets up kids for problems with their own self-esteem.

It's one thing to teach that "mommy" is just really unhappy with herself and has been for a long time and that a little change (a brow lift, or chin implant or what-have-you) is just done for her to feel better. but to give an impression that there is such a thing as "perfect" or that people must look a certain way to be "beautiful" is just sickening. Talk about setting up children for a lifetime of feeling inadequate...not to mention the eating disorders alone. :sarcastic

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I have to agree with you guys- If you are unhappy on the inside no amount of change on the outside is ever going to change that. Fix the inside and let the outside worry about itself.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
So why wasnt she "My Beautiful Mommy" to begin with?

To be real honest I felt like laughing when I saw that and crying at the same time..

Im not against plastic surgery for the right reasons..In fact I would love to have my nose "fixed"..the cartledge is "twisted" and I can not breath out of one side of my nose.And at the same time I would look better..More symetrical...and more myslef because my nose wasnt like this when I was born..

But anyway that book sounds silly..Even though to be fair I would want to read it first before I really bashed it..But just the illustration on the front cover is bad from the start.

Love

Dallas

texan1

LOL Dallas! I'm not neccessarily against plastic surgery either, but the slant of the book doesn't seem quite right to me. And you are right, I shouldn't judge it until I've read it. But, I probably won't be reading it :).

Besides, I'll wait until after my kids graduate school before I get plastic surgery. That way they won't need a book. LOL!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Think about it, y'all.........this book was written by a plastic surgeon. There's a vested interest.

Although I have thought every now and then about getting memory implants. Seems like that part of my being is starting to sag as much as my ta-ta's.

Memories - not mammories. They'd be MUCH more practical. I can't buy push-up bras for my brain.

TurkeyOnRye

I'm usually a pretty laid back person and I don't get upset very often, if at all, but this kind of crap makes me very angry. Targeting children with materialistic propaganda like this is shameful at best.