• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does This Make Prostitution Moral?

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
What exactly is it about premarital sex, or sex outside a committed relationship, that makes it immoral?

jmaster78

Pagaal~Mexican18 said:
Good question.....i believe that still there was somone oyu chose or was chosen for you...the formal contract could have been formed later on after that.:sarcastic

ah but what exactly is a marriage? what constitutes the union of a man and woman? different societies have very different ceremonies, as has been the case in the past. were adam and eve married? or is marriage simply another invention of organised religion to have further control over their followers?

Sunstone said:
Suppose the prostitute herself suffers because of her work, but she makes all her customers happier than they would otherwise be: Does that make what she's doing moral? Why or why not?

Suppose the prostitute and the majority of her customers are happier than they would otherwise be, and only a minority of her customers are either unhappier or the same because of what she does: Does that make what she's doing moral? Why or why not?

My impression is that you are hungup on the word "happiness." I fail to see how men cheating on their wives with prostitutes has much of anything to do with happiness. I fail to see how the spread do HIV and other venerial diseases brings happiness. I fail to see how women who are imported under false pratenses and held in near slavery for prostitution brings happiness. Also, I hate to see pimps swager around in brutal control over their money earning women.

To me, having to go to a prostitute is the bottom of humiliation and something I have never done. If a man has to pay for a trick, he is to be pittied! This is the path for the Betta males and deviates!
No wonder none of them are eager to admit their desperation. I guess it is like having to pay to get into the toilet in some gas stations!

As they say, LOVE IS THE ANSWER!

Dolphin

I suppose one could judge ones motives as to thier specific beliefs or principals, however, I will not judge ones motives or beliefs by thier actions. There is a price to pay for any decision and /or action taken in life. If it is by choice then so be it. Freedom of choice is a great privlage.

Flappycat

Really, I have a lot more respect for the woman who said "Real paid ho! Real paid ho!" I don't like her values, but she sticks to them and sticks to them hard. Oh, man, I'm going to catch so much flak for that. To tell you the truth, I can't say that I approve of prostitution as a profession. It is very unclean, and it doesn't really serve anything productive. I'm not sure if I'd outlaw it unless it posed a severe health hazard to innocents, but I do very much turn my nose up at it. There are more honorable lines of work.

jmaster78 said:
ah but what exactly is a marriage? what constitutes the union of a man and woman? different societies have very different ceremonies, as has been the case in the past. were adam and eve married? or is marriage simply another invention of organised religion to have further control over their followers?

What if it wasnt really ment for control.....maybe just one man loved a woman so much that he wanted her to have a title with him. not just i the bond of love but a legal bond that would garuntee that they would be together forever.

thats logical to me.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Pagaal~Mexican18 said:
What if it wasnt really ment for control.....maybe just one man loved a woman so much that he wanted her to have a title with him. not just i the bond of love but a legal bond that would garuntee that they would be together forever.

thats logical to me.

I agree. I love my fiance a lot and I want to be united with him in the eyes of God and in the eyes of society.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
charles brough said:
To me, having to go to a prostitute is the bottom of humiliation and something I have never done.

As they say, LOVE IS THE ANSWER!

:D You don't hold back anything. I respect your style. What you said is true though. If a man kind can't find a woman to love him and give him sex, then he is forced to find a woman who shares her goodies with hundreds of other men. :p

Sex out of love is the way that sex was meant to be. A spiritual union between man and woman.

jmaster78

Pagaal~Mexican18 said:

thats logical to me.
do you need a title to be together forever?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
jmaster78 said:
or is marriage simply another invention of organised religion to have further control over their followers?

In it's most basic form, marriage is instinctual for humans. That is, humans naturally form pair bonds. How those pair bonds are recognized by society varies depending on the society. So, while it is absurd to suggest that marriage in it's most basic form is an invention of religion, it is certainly an invention of religion that marriages need to be recognized by religions to be valid.

jmaster78 said:
do you need a title to be together forever?

no not like that but the man had so much pride in his wife that he wanted to have the spiritual union and the bond of matrimony to show there everlasting love...you dont need it but its there as a reminder. a legal bond

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Pagaal~Mexican18 said:
its only that if oyu make it out to be a buisness arrangement. it can be a romantic bond of love. it just depends on you.

True that! :yes: I'm getting married soon and to me the whole process is spiritual. It's just beautiful.

Hema said:
True that! :yes: I'm getting married soon and to me the whole process is spiritual. It's just beautiful.

there is my example, there are people who value love and see marriage as a beautiful thing. i am very happy for you and what youve found!:hug:

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Pagaal~Mexican18 said:
there is my example, there are people who value love and see marriage as a beautiful thing. i am very happy for you and what youve found!:hug:

Thank you Alyssa. You are too kind. :hug:

darcyr

charles brough said:
To me, having to go to a prostitute is the bottom of humiliation and something I have never done. If a man has to pay for a trick, he is to be pittied! This is the path for the Betta males and deviates!
No wonder none of them are eager to admit their desperation.

Perhaps they aren't eager to admit their desperation because of the way people will react?!? For example instead of calling them names like Betta males and deviates, perhaps we should call them people. I don't approve of prostitution but I am also not about to judge those in that lifestyle. I see this as the same thing as an alchoholic/drug addict/gambler. We need to have empathy - not pity for those in our society who are in such obvious pain. There are too many people that hide behind their own ego and need to use derogatory words to insult others in order to make them feel superior about their own lives.

Circle_One

Sunstone said:
Suppose the prostitute herself suffers because of her work, but she makes all her customers happier than they would otherwise be: Does that make what she's doing moral? Why or why not?

Suppose the prostitute and the majority of her customers are happier than they would otherwise be, and only a minority of her customers are either unhappier or the same because of what she does: Does that make what she's doing moral? Why or why not?

Forgive me, I haven't read through the entire 8 pages of this thread, I just wanted to pose a question before going into the rest of the thread.

What I'd like to know is, why the need to add in hypothetical scenarios in order to justify Prostitution being Moral?

Why is it IMmoral to begin with? What makes it immoral? Who are we to call anything anyone else does immoral?

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." ;)

Morality is subject to personal opinion, it is not set in stone. What is immoral to one, may be perfectly moral to me.