• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

Even if knowing the furure, baby is not born with a wicked heart. Are you denying free will?
What free will, you mean your free will to serve your master Satan. Because that is the only free will babies are born with. Please study the bible a bit before you embarrass yourself any further

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
I definitely think that this particular Christian gives Christianity a bad name, but I think that you, on the other hand, are a positive credit to it.
Reading here, I'm reminded of Psalm 5:4 "For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee."

In my view of things, I can't imagine how some people can think there interpretation would find pleasure in God's eyes or be allowed to exist in His presence.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I definitely think that this particular Christian gives Christianity a bad name, but I think that you, on the other hand, are a positive credit to it.
As a Christian, I cannot see how someone can boast and bluster and think that God is with them. The person that has to attack others and cannot stand up for themselves is nothing before God in my belief.

Jarsa

Your god has some silly name which I can't even pronounce, he came from the imagination of a sick mind. My God is real and my bible is completely different to yours, we burn your bible
Woah woah woah! Why so angry? It's not like you can prove his god is from the imagination of a sick mind, just like you can't prove your god isn't.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Well, now you admit your god wants to save everyone but he can't. So I trash a god who can't do what he wants to. My God is the Almighty God, He just speaks and it is done. None of this hoping and wishful thinking like your god. Can you now see the difference, between my God and yours. My God makes yours look like a weak impotent liar.
I said that God wants everyone to be saved, I did not say that God wants to save everyone.
Whether people are saved or not is up to them, since God gave everyone free will to choose. God does not make people believe.

There is no your God and my God, there is only God. You just have a different conception of God from my conception.

The one true God I believe in exercises undisputed sovereignty over the world of being, but He allows humans free will to make their on choices.

“Regard thou the one true God as One Who is apart from, and immeasurably exalted above, all created things. The whole universe reflecteth His glory, while He is Himself independent of, and transcendeth His creatures. This is the true meaning of Divine unity. He Who is the Eternal Truth is the one Power Who exerciseth undisputed sovereignty over the world of being, Whose image is reflected in the mirror of the entire creation. All existence is dependent upon Him, and from Him is derived the source of the sustenance of all things. This is what is meant by Divine unity; this is its fundamental principle.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 167

“Say: O people! Let not this life and its deceits deceive you, for the world and all that is therein is held firmly in the grasp of His Will. He bestoweth His favor on whom He willeth, and from whom He willeth He taketh it away. He doth whatsoever He chooseth.” Gleanings, p. 209

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No, my God is against you. His description of love is the opposite to yours, yours is fake and my God hates fake love so much that He casts the fake lovers into the lake of fire
The God you believe in does not exist. God is Love, not hate.
God does not boast or dishonor others the way you do.

How does Jesus define love?

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Nov 10, 2023

A Definition of Biblical Love — 1 Corinthians 13:4–7 - Medium

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Reading here, I'm reminded of Psalm 5:4 "For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee."

In my view of things, I can't imagine how some people can think there interpretation would find pleasure in God's eyes or be allowed to exist in His presence.
As a Christian, I cannot see how someone can boast and bluster and think that God is with them. The person that has to attack others and cannot stand up for themselves is nothing before God in my belief.

I don't mind telling you that you, my husband, and a handful of other Christians that I've interacted with are the only reason why I don't loathe Christians and Christianity. I also don't mind saying that the person (whether he is a poe or not) who is posting hateful and malicious remarks about others while claiming to be a Christian only adds to my distaste for Christians because his posts remind me of the other hateful ones I've encountered in my lifetime.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Nov 10, 2023
Oh, you now subscribe to medium! I used to once, but since I was paying little attention to medium, I terminated the subscription. Dale Lehman writes short stories on Medium. Look him up.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

1 Corinthians 13 was one of my favorite passages in the Bible when I was still a devout Christian.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I don't mind telling you that you, my husband, and a handful of other Christians that I've interacted with are the only reason why I don't loathe Christians and Christianity. I also don't mind saying that the person (whether he is a poe or not) who is posting hateful and malicious remarks about others while claiming to be a Christian only adds to my distaste for Christians because his posts remind me of the other hateful ones I've encountered in my lifetime.
I didn't know before your husband is a Christian, and also heard in the past here he supports you as you are. What a great person!

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Most Christians aren't like the more vocal people claiming to be Christian on the internet. Pretty decent folks I have found.

But some of the examples I encounter here remind me of passages of the Bible. In particular, Proverbs 6:16-19.

16 There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

Much of what I've been reading reminds me of the description in verse 19. I can't blame you for having an aversion to that type of person and some claiming Christianity fit that mold too perfectly in my view.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Humans cannot have free will if God is omniscient. They are mutually exclusive.
That is logically inconsistent. God's knowledge has absolutely no bearing upon man's ability to choose.

God's knowledge is not what determines how life unfolds. Humans determine how your life unfolds by making certain choices.
God knows what choices humans will make because God is all-knowing

“Every act ye meditate is as clear to Him as is that act when already accomplished. There is none other God besides Him. His is all creation and its empire. All stands revealed before Him; all is recorded in His holy and hidden Tablets. This fore-knowledge of God, however, should not be regarded as having caused the actions of men, just as your own previous knowledge that a certain event is to occur, or your desire that it should happen, is not and can never be the reason for its occurrence.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 150

Jarsa

That is logically inconsistent. God's knowledge has absolutely no bearing upon man's ability to choose.
Well, yeah, from our perspective it seems like that because we experience time in a straight line, and we don't know what's going to happen in the future. But since God already knows everything that is about to happen, that means the future is fixed, and cannot be changed. We humans just have the illusion of free will.
If god exists, of course.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I didn't know before your husband is a Christian, and also heard in the past here he supports you as you are. What a great person!

In case you're interested, you can read my previous posts, in which I explained how immensely supportive he has always been of me.

Post 1:
Post 2: