• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Good point, if brother can hate brother. Imagine how much more he hates those who are different to himself. Yes very true, well spotted
what are you talking about?
"Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
21“Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death."

Furthermore, in many countries they were called to war and families were called on to kill family members of the SAME ETHNICITY or race and religion.

Sargonski

My Bible is very different to yours, so we're not going to agree on anything. I don't accept the Alexandrian translation as I regard it as fake. I only accept the Byzantine translation, so we have nothing in common

Wonderful that you have Bible translation that you accept .. please post from your Bible .. Deut 13: 12-15 .. and state if you believe this is your God's Word .. and tell us the name of that God .

Hilarious dance of deflection though friend .. credit where credit due for ability to hide from scripture .. run from "The Word" .. and completely fail to support your contradiction position :)

Like I said, you're projecting your hatred onto others. Not everyone thinks like you do. Everyone looks at life and sees people in different ways. Maybe you are egocentric and can't understand that other people think in different ways than you might?
No, I'm realistic. I just call the facts as they are and many don't like it as it exposes them as two faced frauds. I would rather have you tell me what you think of me, than stab me in the back

Since there is no reliable evidence for any of them let's just delete the whole mess.
Well, there you are. You've really exposed yourself right here. You wish to dispose of the truth in order to shoehorn your false religion. Well guess what, 2 billion of us say you're dead wrong, and you will certainly have your day of judgement

Jesus is never mention in the Tanakh (what you likely call the Old Testament). The holy spirit, when mentioned, is a reference to the power of God. The HS is not some separate entity. The God of Abraham, aka the God of the Tanakh, is the Creator, and is not a man. For a thousand years before Jesus was even born, Jews worshiped the God of Abraham without any Trinitarianism at all.
That's the doctrine of Demons. God said, if anyone comes to you with another gospel. It is the doctrine of Demons, and that's exactly what you're presenting here.

YoursTrue

I don't need any help to know God, as I already have a personal relationship with Him. And that's something only Christians have, it's not available to anyone who doesn't believe in the Holy trinity. So of' course you wouldn't know who the true God is.
Well, we'll see.

what are you talking about?
"Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
21“Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death."

Furthermore, in many countries they were called to war and families were called on to kill family members of the SAME ETHNICITY or race and religion.
None of that makes racism any less true, if anything it strengthens it as you already confirmed

idea

Question Everything
To some, every book holds value akin to scripture, offering guidance, wisdom, and insight into the complexities of life. every book.

We must explore diverse perspectives, even those that may have caused us pain. To return to a childhood school where once we were harmed, to see some good along with what evil might remain, to try and judge it as someone who wasn't hurt, who sees it as any other school, this is healing.

A relative shared an experience, growing up as minority, severely abused by all around save one - who made all the difference. They are not racist now because of that one friend. Just have to get to know one person, be that one kind person...

Last edited:

YoursTrue

None of that makes racism any less true, if anything it strengthens it as you already confirmed
I think you are not seeing the point. Love for one's brother of any background or ethnicity or educational level would eliminate racial hatred and war.
"Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous." 1 John 3:12
So here among the first children of Adam, one brother killed another. Same "ethnicity."
Anyway, peace, if possible.

Wonderful that you have Bible translation that you accept .. please post from your Bible .. Deut 13: 12-15 .. and state if you believe this is your God's Word .. and tell us the name of that God .

Hilarious dance of deflection though friend .. credit where credit due for ability to hide from scripture .. run from "The Word" .. and completely fail to support your contradiction position :)
What are you trying to make the Bible say. I don't understand what your problem is with God ordering His Children to kill the pagans. Let me know what your problem with that is, a I can't see any valid objections

Deut 13:12-15

12 “If you hear someone in one of your cities, which the Lord your God gives you to dwell in, saying, 13 Corrupt men have gone out from among you and enticed the inhabitants of their city, saying, “Let us go and serve other gods” ’—which you have not known— 14 then you shall inquire, search out, and ask diligently. And if it is indeed true and certain that such an abomination was committed among you, 15 you shall surely strike the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying it, all that is in it and its livestock—with the edge of the sword.

YoursTrue

What are you trying to make the Bible say. I don't understand what your problem is with God ordering His Children to kill the pagans. Let me know what your problem with that is, a I can't see any valid objections

Deut 13:12-15

12 “If you hear someone in one of your cities, which the Lord your God gives you to dwell in, saying, 13 Corrupt men have gone out from among you and enticed the inhabitants of their city, saying, “Let us go and serve other gods” ’—which you have not known— 14 then you shall inquire, search out, and ask diligently. And if it is indeed true and certain that such an abomination was committed among you, 15 you shall surely strike the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying it, all that is in it and its livestock—with the edge of the sword.
That was before Jesus. Jesus gave a new law, that of love. Even for one's enemy.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Argumentum ad populum, in my opinion, is a weak argument for defending the popularity of Christianity or the veracity of its tenets, because the same argument could also be used to defend Islam, which is the second largest religion in the world (source) and the fastest-growing religion as well (source).

He tends to rely on logical fallacies for the majority of his reasoning, I've noticed. That, and he demonstrates an inability to understand the perspectives of others

Poe is Poe