• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I'm not sure if your aware of the fact that everyone is racist,
Nope. Don't make the mistake of thinking that because you suffer from a particular flaw, that everyone else does too. I could care less what anyone's skin color is. In fact, I don't even believe that "race" exists. Oh, there are plenty of people who believe in races, and many of those believe their "race" is superior. But the fact that racism exists doesn't mean that races exist.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I'm not sure if your aware of the fact that everyone is racist, whether they admit it or not. It's just a dirty little secret everyone tries to hide but it's bleeding obvious we all are. So be proud of who you are and stop apologizing for your skin color, we know it's a fake apology and we only do it to gain some benefit.

You're projecting your hatred onto others. It's sad that you see the world this way, but that's a you problem

All the statistics show is that Christianity is not growing, it is dwindling.

Jesus did not say that. A man speaking for Jesus wrote that.
What a sad thing to believe. The only lake of fire is in your imagination.
Your ignorance is astounding, you don't even have basic comprehension skills. I can't believe that your serious about anything, I'm sure you just mucking around, please tell me your not serious

Bahai's claim to worship the same God of Abraham that you do. It's absolutely no different than you saying to me, a Jew, that you worship the same God of the Bible.
No, sorry there is no Abrahamic religions. There's only One true God and that is the Lord Jesus Christ. He doesn't share His glory with any other god, He will destroy all other gods and their followers. So let's get the facts straight.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
No, sorry there is no Abrahamic religions. There's only One true God and that is the Lord Jesus Christ. He doesn't share His glory with any other god, He will destroy all other gods and their followers. So let's get the facts straight.
"Abrahamic religions" is an expression that refers to those religions which claim to follow the God of Abraham, specifically Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and Bahai. You don't have to believe in any of those other religions. But you really can't deny that the category exists.

Again, you are so "over the top" that your posts scream "catfish."

Sargonski

Nah, it was your twisted interpretation of scripture that caused you to get yourself into confusion. I rebuke your false representation of God, and I find your theology disgustingly perverse

I did not interpret scripture .. just presented you the verses .. which you now call "twisted" -- a false representation of God and that you find the scripture disgustingly perverse ?

It is not my theology Charles -- just presenting you with scripture -- but you run and hide from scripture .. and the contradiction .. speaking falsly about the messenger cause you are stuck in a perverse web of your own deception .. as is the way of the decepticons that Jesus warns us about.

Mark 13: 21 Then[af] if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’[ag] or ‘Look, there he is!’ do not believe him. 22 For false messiahs[ah] and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, the elect.

What is the name of your God Charles -- no wonder you do not know nor do you recognize the word of your God .. if you know not his name.

In the Bible it says to kill children for the sin of the parents. Is this the command of your God . and what is the name of this God Charles. No interpretation .. no theology .. is this the word of your God or is it not .. and what is this God's name.. Deut 13

"
If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely,[b] both its people and its livestock."

Is this Your Gods command ? and what is the name of this God of collective punishment if this is your God ?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Nope, your wrong again. God is a Man, He even said "come let us make man in Our image" so you flunk out again there.
God made man in His image means that man has the potential to reflect the spiritual attributes of God, it does not have anything to do with physicality.

Humans have the potential to reflect certain attributes, such as Good, Loving, Gracious, Merciful, Just, Righteous, Forgiving, and Patient, and we reflect them to a greater of lesser degree, depending upon how spiritual we are.

God is not a man. God is a Spirit.

John 4:24 KJV
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
God hasn't given us any revelation in the past 2000 years, so you flunk out there as well. I wonder if anything you believe is true at all, most people have one or two things, you still stuck on zero.
God has revealed Himself three times since Jesus but you still stuck on one.

1. Muhammad
2. The Bab
3. Baha'u'llah

“…….. Once in about a thousand years shall this City be renewed and readorned…

That City is none other than the Word of God revealed in every age and dispensation.
In the days of Moses it was the Pentateuch; in the days of Jesus, the Gospel; in the days of Muhammad, the Messenger of God, the Qur’án; in this day, the Bayán; and in the Dispensation of Him Whom God will make manifest, His own Book—the Book unto which all the Books of former Dispensations must needs be referred, the Book that standeth amongst them all transcendent and supreme.”

Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 269-270

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Excuse me, but there i only One true god and 320 000 000 false gods.
Excuse me, but I believe in the one true God, and that God does not belong to any one religion, let alone Christianity.

“Regard thou the one true God as One Who is apart from, and immeasurably exalted above, all created things. The whole universe reflecteth His glory, while He is Himself independent of, and transcendeth His creatures. This is the true meaning of Divine unity. He Who is the Eternal Truth is the one Power Who exerciseth undisputed sovereignty over the world of being, Whose image is reflected in the mirror of the entire creation. All existence is dependent upon Him, and from Him is derived the source of the sustenance of all things. This is what is meant by Divine unity; this is its fundamental principle.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 167

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Given my extensive psychology background, I'd say he is a real person and he really believes everything he writes.
I disagree.
Screenshot_20240507_220004_Google.jpg

He's moving into new territory at just the precise time.

You're projecting your hatred onto others. It's sad that you see the world this way, but that's a you problem
Well, you can't deny the fact that most wars are fought between the various ethnicities. So yes racism is a universal problem and it's not going away as long as humans live we will have this age old problem.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
"Abrahamic religions" is an expression that refers to those religions which claim to follow the God of Abraham, specifically Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and Bahai. You don't have to believe in any of those other religions. But you really can't deny that the category exists.

This discussion is getting too ridiculous even for me. I'm going out for a walk before it gets dark.

Well, I reject your opinion as being ill informed or simply willfully ignorant. My God exists as three separate Persons, but One God. While those others you mention believe in some singular god. So there you have it, I had to educate you gain

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Well, you can't deny the fact that most wars are fought between the various ethnicities. So yes racism is a universal problem and it's not going away as long as humans live we will have this age old problem.
Certainly there are ethnic wars (although there have been occurrences of "brother killing brother" as Jesus foretold, and national warfare not based on "ethnicity," there is a better world coming where Jesus will save his sheep. Of all colors and nations.

I did not interpret scripture .. just presented you the verses .. which you now call "twisted" -- a false representation of God and that you find the scripture disgustingly perverse ?

It is not my theology Charles -- just presenting you with scripture -- but you run and hide from scripture .. and the contradiction .. speaking falsly about the messenger cause you are stuck in a perverse web of your own deception .. as is the way of the decepticons that Jesus warns us about.

Mark 13: 21 Then[af] if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’[ag] or ‘Look, there he is!’ do not believe him. 22 For false messiahs[ah] and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, the elect.

What is the name of your God Charles -- no wonder you do not know nor do you recognize the word of your God .. if you know not his name.

In the Bible it says to kill children for the sin of the parents. Is this the command of your God . and what is the name of this God Charles. No interpretation .. no theology .. is this the word of your God or is it not .. and what is this God's name.. Deut 13

"
If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely,[b] both its people and its livestock."

Is this Your Gods command ? and what is the name of this God of collective punishment if this is your God ?
My Bible is very different to yours, so we're not going to agree on anything. I don't accept the Alexandrian translation as I regard it as fake. I only accept the Byzantine translation, so we have nothing in common