• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Satan Exist?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Does he ? who is he ? does he have the power to lead us astray ?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter 5:8

The devil is the adversary against all that is good...all that is righteous and he wants nothing more than keep us from our victory which is found only in Christ. I believe he has the ability to lead us astray but only if we ALLOW him to. Christ is victorious over him, so when we are in Christ, victory over the devil is ours as well.:D

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
THE DEVIL? :eek:
I believe there is something negative, as in energy, just as there is positive energy. but a devil himself, no. Most of the bad we do as humans we create ourselves. Just to easy to blame it on something else.​
;)

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
"you are the devil and the devil is bad" *does little dance* (i'll answer more seriously later)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Buttons* said:
"you are the devil and the devil is bad" *does little dance* (i'll answer more seriously later)
I quite liked the thought of a happy Panda dancing.........:biglaugh:

may

1 John 5;19

We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one.

(John 12:31) Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.

(Revelation 12:9) So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him...................... yes i believe the devil has great influence , infact he misleads, but not for much longer he is on his way out ,he is oppossed to Gods purpose , and Gods purpose is to bring paradise condtions back to the earth through Gods heavenly kingdom goverment

For his part, the God who gives peace will crush Satan under YOUR feet shortly. May the undeserved kindness of our Lord Jesus be with YOU romans 16;20 yes he has great influence at this point in time, he influences goverments of men, religion, in fact he knows he has a short period of time left, then he will go into the abyss and he will not be around to influence people i cant wait for that time,bring it on:)

Bishka

Veteran Member
I believe there is a devil and he does tempt us, and he has his 'demons' but they are not seen as much as some would like us to believe. I agree with Dawny on this one. :) Without evil, there can be no good, without pleasure then can be no pain, you need to have opposites.

Abram

Abraham
I believe there is and he is at this time the prince of this world. Our eyes are cover with the deception of his lies and deceit. He works through the pride of man kind. He leads us to believe that we can be happy without Gcd and to try new ways to find eternal happiness. He's the one that whispers, "It will be okay, just do it" or "there's no proof of Jesus, it's a myth, it's okay not to believe."

What he looks like I don't know. But evil and gross is not how I picture him. I see him as a sweet talking, good looking, persuasive being. Because of the law of entropy we also know he is getting stronger and smarter. If you look to the end of any desire you will find him there waiting for you.

So yes I believe there is a devil, he has many names, and one day we will see this being for what it really is.

You can't have a devil without Gcd, but can have a Gcd without the devil. Just like you can have a good apple gone bad, but you can't have a bad apple gone good. To have perverted sex you must first have the joy of sex. Without the joy of sex you can't have it perverted.

I think I just lost myself there? Hope you can understand that?:confused:

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Abram said:
I believe there is and he is at this time the prince of this world. Our eyes are cover with the deception of his lies and deceit. He works through the pride of man kind. He leads us to believe that we can be happy without Gcd and to try new ways to find eternal happiness. He's the one that whispers, "It will be okay, just do it" or "there's no proof of Jesus, it's a myth, it's okay not to believe."

What he looks like I don't know. But evil and gross is not how I picture him. I see him as a sweet talking, good looking, persuasive being. Because of the law of entropy we also know he is getting stronger and smarter. If you look to the end of any desire you will find him there waiting for you.

So yes I believe there is a devil, he has many names, and one day we will see this being for what it really is.

You can't have a devil without Gcd, but can have a Gcd without the devil. Just like you can have a good apple gone bad, but you can't have a bad apple gone good. To have perverted sex you must first have the joy of sex. Without the joy of sex you can't have it perverted.

I think I just lost myself there? Hope you can understand that?:confused:
Strange... you've just stated Gnostic belief.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Abram said:
What can I say I'm a LDS Baptisit Christian with a twist of Gnostic and a sprinkle of Buddhism.:D

*gasp* I had no idea you were part gnostic... that's awesome!