• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Judaism teaches this?

MrVirtualCoder

Computer Programmer.
My last post was removed. Apparently i was bashing you, of course i were not!
It is my understanding, however minimal and biased it may seem, that Judaism does not have a Messiah in terms of prophet Jesus. It is also my understanding that Judaism speaks of no "end of time" in terms of a messiah coming and ending the world.

I am going to guess that you are a Muslim, and therefor state that your own religion is actually very similar to Judaism - hence "Abrahamic religions".
I, again, have no real knowledge of the Qran or Islam as it is, and should note that this is an assumption - and could very likely be entirely fallacies and far from the truth.

I hope you don't conceive of that as bashing you, your religion, or anyone(anything) else.

alar

e very very scarry
the end of the word in islam and the bible is soooooooooo scarry

i should not comment aboute thise and thise is e very scarry scarry concept
pls all the jews research aboute thise
in islam he is called the messaya adjaal
adjaal mean e man who chone ppl
and he is called the massaya for e reason
all the jews research aboute it

Knowledge

The antichrist common to Christian theology were those opposed to Christ or did not believe in His Truth in comparison to some other alternate theory. At least, in theory, that's what I think. If we really get together and study the Gospels of St. John the Theologian it will tell us clearly and plainly what consisted of antichrist bent.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
i think the question the op should have asked after the messiah does come. do you think an anti massiah will appear to, or worded another way is their a person who will enter this world as a herald of the end times...

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
My understanding of Talmud Torah is that the Messiah will not come until you and others stop fishing for tidbits of Christian fundamentalism in the streams of Judaism.

Iti oj

Premium Member
My understanding of Talmud Torah is that the Messiah will not come until you and others stop fishing for tidbits of Christian fundamentalism in the streams of Judaism.
sadly i did not find this post informative at all

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
sadly i did not find this post informative at all
Maybe you just refuse to accept the information. as already posted a few times, Jews are not Christians. the anti-Christ is a distinctly Christian concept, with hardly the same relevance in Judaism.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Maybe you just refuse to accept the information. as already posted a few times, Jews are not Christians. the anti-Christ is a distinctly Christian concept, with hardly the same relevance in Judaism.
hey i asked a new question. since no one wanted to tell me what the jews belive about the ends days i had to look it up. it looks like it will come with the first coming of the messiah?...
here are the major prophecies about the end of days..

End time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rakhel

hey i asked a new question. since no one wanted to tell me what the jews belive about the ends days i had to look it up. it looks like it will come with the first coming of the messiah?...
here are the major prophecies about the end of days..

End time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What Jews Believe about the end times vary from Jew to Jew.

Rakhel

? so Judaisms has nothing to do with it?
I didn't say that.
Jews rely on Rabbis who are knowledgeable of Torah and Talmud for many things, including what Judaism teaches. However, what Rabbis believe and teach vary from Rabbi to Rabbi and each student may hear something that the other student didn't.

And as was pointed out in the Wiki article, Modern orthodox Jews see things differently from Conservative Jews who see things differently from Haredi Jews who see things differently from Reform Jews to even what Humanist Jews believe.

That is why we can't give a single answer as to what Judaism teaches about one particular subject.

Iti oj

Premium Member
I didn't say that.
Jews rely on Rabbis who are knowledgeable of Torah and Talmud for many things, including what Judaism teaches. However, what Rabbis believe and teach vary from Rabbi to Rabbi and each student may hear something that the other student didn't.

And as was pointed out in the Wiki article, Modern orthodox Jews see things differently from Conservative Jews who see things differently from Haredi Jews who see things differently from Reform Jews to even what Humanist Jews believe.

That is why we can't give a single answer as to what Judaism teaches about one particular subject.
very well, what does of you brand teach?

Rakhel

my particular brand? I'm unaffiliated. So my opinions are based on a wide variety of rabbis.
I believe it will take a miracle for the world to come to an end.

Iti oj

Premium Member
my particular brand? I'm unaffiliated. So my opinions are based on a wide variety of rabbis.
I believe it will take a miracle for the world to come to an end.
or a natural disaster of biblical proportions

Flankerl

hey i asked a new question. since no one wanted to tell me what the jews belive about the ends days i had to look it up

But you didnt ask about that. You asked about some "anti-messiah" in judaism. Which there is not.

For all i care there isnt even an end of days. Such theology always evolves during bad times and some people and even religions seem to feed on the fear of the people. And this is something i find very disgusting.

Judaism is about life. L'chaim!