• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does it matter that Hillary is surrounded by helpers, pleading the 5th

whirlingmerc

Shouldn't they answer non self incriminatory answers?

Clinton's IT Aide state dept staffer Bryan Pagliano Skips pleads the 5th

Two IT workers from Platt Networs plead the 5th

Immunity agreements that the principles wont talk about or show to Congress? and the FBI gives immunity to someone who deleted the emails violating a subpoena?

Last edited:

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Are you under the delusion that the people surrounding Hillary are any less ethical than the people surrounding Trump??

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Shouldn't they answer non self incriminatory answers?

image.jpg

whirlingmerc

Both Trump and Hillary are problematic, yes, but
'Everyone's doing it' was a poor excuse in 2nd grade and still is
But in this case Hillary's 3 principle IT related people all pled the 5th
and as one of our own American poets said 'Three strikes , you're out!'

Some didn't ever show up when subpoenaed which is a crime in itself.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I remember well rolling my eyes when I heard Reagan answer that he could not recall. Then years later we found out that he had Alzheimer's, so the sad fact is that he was very likely telling the truth to his questioners because he was suffering from the disease's early stages.

In regards to the OP.... Welcome to the new "transparency"...

whirlingmerc

Not recalling AND being surrounded by people pleading the 5th makes for slippery opacity

I wouldn't mind if both candidates pulled out and the parties reselected someone

whirlingmerc

The 5th amendment only pertains to self incrimination as originally written.
Imagine George Washington's expression if he saw the misapplication of the intent.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I would care more about this if I hadn't watched 20 years worth of Republicans launching investigations and making accusations on partisan grounds.
Now I am inclined to assume that such an issue is just another effort to cause problems where none exist to hang on to power.
Tom