• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God have a literal wife?

Sakla

Everyone born again as a whole are God's wife. God is a Spirit (John 4:24) and doesn't have any of the desires of the flesh. The intimacy of God is not sexual. Rather it's spiritual communion. That is oneness with God's Spirit. There is no other wife for God. She is the eternal wife of God. He knew her before all along. This is why he made everything. The reason she was widowed is because Jesus died and the reason she is restored is because she rose from the dead. This means she also has risen with Christ because she is the body of Christ. This is why the symbolism of Adam taking the forbidden fruit for love of his wife who came from his own body. Jesus does this also as it says "he became sin who knew no sin".

The reason Jesus became sin was because he took the curse that was written in the Law of Moses. "Cursed of God is everyone who hangs on a tree". This means Jesus took all the curses on himself. Even on his head and put them to death so he could rise free from sin. Sin would remain in the grave while he would be free. And through that resurrection power he could save her. His Eve, his bride. Because she also would through him put sin to death and rise from the dead free.

And so all will be in Christ in the end.

The connection with the "mother earth" is interesting because we humans were created from earth. But that doesn't mean God is literally married to the earth. Rather I would say it's more symbolic.
I appreciate the scriptures and I was a Christian for 20 years and know all of what you shared very well, even heavily translated the bible for 20 years to gain a deeper understanding of the complexity of the word...I no longer believe in that and believe that idea is limiting God. Why would he not want a wife, since he created sex and the institution of marriage. In the end, it is not meant for us because we become as children. But he is not a child and marriage to a real wife wouldn't make the idea of it evil.

74x12

I appreciate the scriptures and I was a Christian for 20 years and know all of what you shared very well, even heavily translated the bible for 20 years to gain a deeper understanding of the complexity of the word...I no longer believe in that and believe that idea is limiting God. Why would he not want a wife, since he created sex and the institution of marriage. In the end, it is not meant for us because we become as children. But he is not a child and marriage to a real wife wouldn't make the idea of it evil.
Sex is ultimately for procreation. It's how humans and many species of animals reproduce offspring. If God is a Spirit then he has no use for it. He simply breathes on clay and it comes to life. John the Baptist said God could even make stones into children of Abraham. You see my point? Sex is meaningless for God.

Secondly I just don't understand how the new Jerusalem is not a real wife for God?

Sakla

Sex is ultimately for procreation. It's how humans and many species of animals reproduce offspring. If God is a Spirit then he has no use for it. He simply breathes on clay and it comes to life. John the Baptist said God could even make stones into children of Abraham. You see my point? Sex is meaningless for God.

Secondly I just don't understand how the new Jerusalem is not a real wife for God?
I believe it is.