• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God Care What We Believe?

Does God care what we believe?

• Yes; no matter how good we are as people, he demands we believe certain things.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No; our actions and how we treat others is paramount.

Votes: 19 79.2%

• Total voters

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Apart from scripture, what logical reason is there that God would have an interest in what we believe?

eldios

Apart from scripture, what logical reason is there that God would have an interest in what we believe?

God doesn't care at all what we believe but he does care about us chosen servants who are used to testify to the knowledge called Christ to learn what man and God are and how they were created.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
If there is a God that god would have created us with a purpose in mind. God never explains that purpose to us so belief would seem to be a necessity.

syo

god's interest is that his children will do no harm to each other. believing in god means people love their neighbor as themselves and so on. unfortunately many so called ''theists'' harm other humans by disobeying god and they spred misery.

eldios

This first temporary generation was used for God and man to learn what they are and nothing else. Now that we know exactly what God is and how all men were created in his image, we wait for the day of the Lord to end this crazy generation formed from information called Satan and the beast.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
god's interest is that his children will do no harm to each other. believing in god means people love their neighbor as themselves and so on. unfortunately many so called ''theists'' harm other humans by disobeying god and they spred misery.
But, obviously, belief in God is in no way necessary to love your neighbor as yourself and so on. So, why would God care if we believe certain things?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
This first temporary generation was used for God and man to learn what they are and nothing else. Now that we know exactly what God is and how all men were created in his image, we wait for the day of the Lord to end this crazy generation formed from information called Satan and the beast.
What do you base this opinion on?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Belief in what?

That depends on the purpose. I have my own idea's but like all the religions in the world it is a belief I have from interpreting all the information out there. If there is a God and that God created us for a purpose, you should be able to find the purpose.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
That depends on the purpose. I have my own idea's but like all the religions in the world it is a belief I have from interpreting all the information out there. If there is a God and that God created us for a purpose, you should be able to find the purpose.
So, what does belief have to do with that?

syo

But, obviously, belief in God is in no way necessary to love your neighbor as yourself and so on. So, why would God care if we believe certain things?
I think he only wishes for us to live a virtuous life. and he wants us to feel secure that we are walking the right path.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
What do you mean by "the purpose of God"?

I am not going into my beliefs, If you believe in a God you should be able to find God's purpose for you.

If God exists and created everything, God would have created with a purpose in mind. If God exists and accidentally created everything, God didn't destroy the accident but let it develop, which imply's he found a purpose for it. Either way with God there should be a purpose.

Without God there probably is no purpose or you create your own purpose.