• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does circumcision promote sexual purity?

John D. Brey

So in your thesis, Jesus is God's male organ right? So God's male member was born through a virgin, which means God didn't have his male member prior to that. Right?

Did you participate in the thread on Genesis 2:21 as a speciation-event? Or the thread on Notre-Adam[e]? ------In those threads it was pointed out that we know as scientific fact, that all living things appear to start out as female such that what we today consider to be a male, is merely a transformed female and not a true binary opposition to the female.

The first human (ha-adam) was a female until Genesis 2:21 where the human's labial flesh was sutured shut to create the first phallic-female.

In this light, we would suspect that God too would be seen, or considered to start out female, and only at the birth of Christ (like ha-adam in Genesis 2:21) be fitted with, or acquire, a male-member.

Keep in mind what ha-adam added (Genesis 2:21) righteous Abraham ritually removed in order to return mankind to immortality (tested at the Akedah). So what was added to God in the Gospels, so too, had to be removed to complete the journey from immortality, to death, to everlasting life.

John

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
Did you participate in the thread on Genesis 2:21 as a speciation-event? Or the thread on Notre-Adam[e]? ------In those threads it was pointed out that we know as scientific fact, that all living things appear to start out as female such that what we today consider to be a male, is merely a transformed female and not a true binary opposition to the female.

The first human (ha-adam) was a female until Genesis 2:21 where the human's labial flesh was sutured shut to create the first phallic-female.

In this light, we would suspect that God too would be seen, or considered to start out female, and only at the birth of Christ (like ha-adam in Genesis 2:21) be fitted with, or acquire, a male-member.

John

So God was male, and he was circumcised, and Jesus is his male organ. Thats your bottomline. ;)

John D. Brey

Romans says it was a sign of the faith Abraham has, and seems to signify to a certain extent cutting of the flesh in the sense of letting your heart be guided by the Spirit and not the flesh. Either way it wasn't a pragmatic thing just to help with sexual purity and if it was it certainly didn't work. (Ezekiel 22:11, Jeremiah 5:7 and many others)

If ritual circumcision symbolizes neutering, or emasculation, then it would be a prerequisite to a virgin born Jewish firstborn. Consequently, in many ancient cultures, circumcision was a part of the wedding ritual. It was part of the concept of jus primae noctis. The human groom would be symbolically unmanned to suggest that the divine lord of the tribe, or people, would get to father the firstborn, would get first dibs, or dip, on the wedding night.

The doctrine of original sin teaches that death passes through the human males reproductive organ (death resides in the testes) so that if you give birth to a firstborn without the services of the fleshly serpent, that firstborn would be immortal.

Since these things were well-known in Abraham's day, Abraham suspected that since Isaac was born after circumcision, i.e., after ritual emasculation, he, Isaac, should be immortal, not subject to death.

Knowing full well that this was the point of his circumcision, the thought that Isaac should be immortal eat at Abraham until he felt utterly compelled to test the theory, test his faith in the efficacy of his circumcision prior to fathering Isaac.

So wakes Isaac early one morning to go on a trek that made history. The Jews call it the "Akedah."

John

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

Keep in mind what ha-adam added (Genesis 2:21) righteous Abraham ritually removed in order to return mankind to immortality (tested at the Akedah). So what was added to God in the Gospels, so too, had to be removed to complete the journey from immortality, to death, to everlasting life.

John
It has not been determined that all living things start out as female. That is your belief and it is not based on the facts.

All of the above is your belief and not a set of established facts.

I did find it amusing that you have two different creation events and got the first group to mate with the second. They, of course, would be the same species, since they can interbreed successfully.

John D. Brey

So God was male, and he was circumcised, and Jesus is his male organ. Thats your bottomline. ;)

As I noted (added) in the message you're responding to above (after you already responded), ha-adam was female, and immortal, prior to Genesis 2:21 where she became he, Adam, but lost her immortality and was kicked out of the garden where only immortals can dwell.

Understanding these things, Abraham ritually removes what ha-adam unceremoniously had added.

Having removed the impediment to immortality, the serpentine flesh, and having done it prior to the conception and birth of Isaac, Abraham assumes Isaac must be the first born Jew with rights to return to the garden of immortality.

So he tests his theory in the historical even known as the Akedah.

Jesus is the addition of a male-member to the body of God, the body of Christ. But whereas righteous father Abraham only ritually removed the problematic flesh, that is to say he only wounded the serpent with a knife, he only left a scar on it, God went all the way and saw his male-member completely removed.

The evolutionary journey from immortality, to death, to everlasting life, is now complete. Will you join us? :D

John

John D. Brey

It has not been determined that all living things start out as female. That is your belief and it is not based on the facts.

I've quoted world renown Phd biologist saying the original organism were female. I've made numerous arguments based on logic and science to the effect that the original living organisms are female.

Nevertheless, I can understand how if all this is inconvenient for your worldview it might be the case that no matter what facts I've used, whom I've quoted, none of it might reach up to the high boundaries of the escape velocity required by you to escape your preexisting beliefs.

I did find it amusing that you have two different creation events and got the first group to mate with the second. They, of course, would be the same species, since they can interbreed successfully.

When the original, female mind you, organisms reproduced, the new organisms were just as immortal as the original organisms. As I've quoted a Phd biologist telling us, it was only with the advent of binary reproduction through sex, that aging, and thus biologically-transmitted death entered into the living cell.

If you consider transmitting death along with the production of life, "interbreeding successfully," then by all means keep having sex. But if you want to live forever and ever, like many Jews and Christians, then you might have to think about ritual emasculation, or complete celibacy.

I can understand if you'd rather take eighty or ninety years to sow your seed sexually rather than living eternally. You're not the only one around here who can't fathom living in a world absent sex as something to be desired even if it's lived in paradise forever since it's nevertheless lived there with an agenda toward a major addenda to the pudenda.

John

Last edited:

John D. Brey

Thats not even grammatically correct. Ha Adam is male.

Not in the Hebrew grammar found in Genesis chapter two where the human is non-gendered female until after Genesis 2:21. Only after Genesis 2:21, where the male-member is made by closing up a particularl orifice, the one closed in the womb if a y chromosome is present, is the word for "male" found in the passage.

John

Clara Tea

I’ve wondered why God of Israel commanded circumcision. I know it’s a sign of the covenant between Abraham and God, but what does circumcision do? People in the present day often say that circumcision is immoral.
I think the purpose of circumcision is to promote sexual purity. I think the process of being circumcised is similar to neutering ones dog. When you neuter a dog, you take care of some behavioral issues that a tame animal shouldn’t have, right? Perhaps not the best comparison :D but that’s what I’m getting at. Circumcising a guy is in a way neutering him. Perhaps it makes it easier to control sexual urges and be pure. Israel was supposed to remain pure as they were the catalyst for the Messiah. That’s why they had all of their laws, right?
What do you guys think the purpose of circumcision is? Is it immoral?

Circumcision doesn't neuter. It removes the foreskin around the penis. Germs and viruses dwell in the foreskin and can cause disease to the man and to the woman who has sexual intercourse with the man. It is a major source of diseases. It doesn't impair enjoyment of sex (much).

Now that I've explained the situation to you, I am sure that you want a circumcision. Hmm....what did I do with that Samurai sword? KeeeeeYi. Oops....I missed.

Clara Tea

I've quoted world renown Phd biologist saying the original organism were female. I've made numerous arguments based on logic and science to the effect that the original living organisms are female.

Nevertheless, I can understand how if all this is inconvenient for your worldview it might be the case that no matter what facts I've used, whom I've quoted, none of it might reach up to the high boundaries of the escape velocity required by you to escape your preexisting beliefs.

When the original, female mind you, organisms reproduced, the new organisms were just as immortal as the original organisms. As I've quoted a Phd biologist telling us, it was only with the advent of binary reproduction through sex, that aging, and thus biologically-transmitted death entered into the living cell.

If you consider transmitting death along with the production of life, "interbreeding successfully," then by all means keep having sex. But if you want to live forever and ever, like many Jews and Christians, then you might have to think about ritual emasculation, or complete celibacy.

I can understand if you'd rather take eighty or ninety years to sow your seed sexually rather than living eternally. You're not the only one around here who can't fathom living in a world absent sex as something to be desired even if it's lived in paradise forever since it's nevertheless lived there with an agenda toward a major addenda to the pudenda.

John

Since an amoeba procreates by splitting in half, one might argue that it is the same organism, so it is immortal (existed since the organism was first created).

This argument that women were the first organism of sexual creatures might be right. It is similar to the argument of "which came first, the chicken or the egg?" If we consider that chickens came from dinosaurs, the mamma was a dinosaur (with dinosaur DNA throughout its body) and it laid an egg that had mutated DNA of a bird ancestor. The egg has one cell, so the DNA was only in one cell. When the egg hatched, the new creature (bird ancestor) had bird DNA throughout its body. Thus, the mamma dinosaur came first, and the chicken egg came later.

Clara Tea

If you have it done as an adult it can lead to sexual purity. For maybe as long as a month.
Often there is urine one the floor of public restrooms. I googled that urine doesn't contain COVID. But the article (written by experts) also said that one should practice social distancing (6 feet) while having sex. That seems a bit far. I sometimes wonder about experts.

Clara Tea

Your statement seems odd. A knife is taken to the male reproductive organ. And my Jewish friends have told me that the blood drawn is the primary symbol in the ritual (dam brit).

As fate would have it, in Jewish symbolism, blood outside of a body always represents death (particularly if it's drawn with a blade in a ritual). So if the blood of the penis represents what blood always represents in Jewish symbolism, then it represents the death of the penis. How is that not something similar to neutering, or ritual emasculation?

Imagine a child born after the purifying emasculation. Which would naturally have to be a virgin conception and pregnancy if the father's penis was truly emasculate, bled to death, i.e., requiring a virgin birth. Has history even implied such a thing has ever happened? Does the history writ large concerning such a thing imply the one so born is pure, purified, or different from other lesser born sinners?

John

Penis's don't die when circumcised. I've never heard of a funeral for one (hope it isn't open casket or embalmed). The blood in this particular ceremony doesn't represent death. By the way, don't eat the horderves (bit of meat on a toothpick) at a bris.

Clara Tea

These things must be hidden from the eyes of the profane. For instance your question is answered in the painting, Masaccio's Trinity, for those looking at it with circumcised eyes. Hint: Jesus is God's male member. And he's cut off.

Looks up when a girl comes in the room?

John

John D. Brey

Penis's don't die when circumcised.

That depends on what you think circumcision means? In Genesis chapter 17 God tells Abraham that all of his spiritual sons must be circumcised, and that his physical progeny must protect what the circumcision is, must guard it, by sacrificing some flesh from the physical part of the body that represents masculinity.

The removal of the foreskin of the penis is the "sign" or "symbol" of the actual circumcision. It's the way Abraham's physical progeny were supposed to protect, and guard, the true circumcision, by producing a symbol of what it will be: virgin birth.

Since you, and many others, are utterly unaware that the true circumcision must come from a virgin birth, means somebody didn't do what they were told to do. So I can't say shame on you for not knowing that the true circumcision must come from a virgin birth, since someone didn't guard that knowledge as they were commanded, decreed, to do. I'd have to say not shame on you, but shame on the persons who, if in fact they were told to guard the covenant by producing the symbol, sign, of the covenant, so that you would know what the covenant is, didn't obey that commandment or decree.

John

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
Not in the Hebrew grammar found in Genesis chapter two where the human is non-gendered female until after Genesis 2:21. Only after Genesis 2:21, where the male-member is made by closing up a particularl orifice, the one closed in the womb if a y chromosome is present, is the word for "male" found in the passage.

John

After you saying God is a male, with a human like male genitalia, and this genitalia is Jesus himself, that's the end of the road. And you are absolutely wrong in what you say. Just bogus, made up things.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

John
It isn't an inconvenience to point out that you are wrong and that your belief is not science. But thank you for your concern for my time.

You quoted opinion that was not peer reviewed science and it did not say what you are claiming it says here.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It isn't an inconvenience to point out that you are wrong and that your belief is not science. But thank you for your concern for my time.

You quoted opinion that was not peer reviewed science and it did not say what you are claiming it says here.

I'm not trying to be rude but I don't understand his posts. I asked if he could put it in layman terms but I didn't understand the response to that. It's probably me.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not trying to be rude but I don't understand his posts. I asked if he could put it in layman terms but I didn't understand the response to that. It's probably me.
It is layers of words to confuse and beguile as far as I can tell. He could say just as much using simpler terms. I see it as a smokescreen and pretension.

I do not share his view that he has a significant understanding of biology to support the claims he made regarding speciation. I don't accept his interpretation that there were two distinct creation events described in Genesis either.

I think a person should love themselves, but some people take that way too far in my opinion.

Segev Moran

I’ve wondered why God of Israel commanded circumcision. I know it’s a sign of the covenant between Abraham and God, but what does circumcision do? People in the present day often say that circumcision is immoral.
I think it depends how you do it.
I did this for my kids by a professional sergeant.
I think that doing such a thing in a non medical manner can be considered immoral and dangerous. [Edited: These days of course. the i cannot understand how things were in the past.]
[/QUOTE]
I think the purpose of circumcision is to promote sexual purity.
[/QUOTE]
What is "sexual purity"?
I think the process of being circumcised is similar to neutering ones dog.
How so? We don't remove our 00, you realize that, right?
When you neuter a dog, you take care of some behavioral issues that a tame animal shouldn’t have, right? Perhaps not the best comparison :D but that’s what I’m getting at. Circumcising a guy is in a way neutering him.
Lol, if that was the goal, they missed it by far.
I am going to take a wild guess and say you haven't met many Israeli's :)
Perhaps it makes it easier to control sexual urges and be pure.
Not even a little.
Israel was supposed to remain pure as they were the catalyst for the Messiah.
Where did you read that?
That’s why they had all of their laws, right?
No.
What do you guys think the purpose of circumcision is? Is it immoral?
There are many people who are not Jewish that are circumcised.
Recent studies actually suggest that there is a great health benefit to it, mainly relates to infectious diseases.
So far this process has not been proven to be out of the ordinary dangerous when executed correctly.
The Jewish belief claims it is a sort of a "pact" between one and God that symbolizes becoming whole.

Last edited: