• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does being sexual just fad away

Trackdayguy

Speed doesn't kill, it's hitting the wall
There is no doubt that for many folks the older they get the less interest they have in sexual activities. So can feeling sexual be ignited by choice and is motivation determined by our libido.

Speaking as a 66 year old man in a Poly relationship 2 partner sexual experiences has kept my libido burning, but what about those in a monogamous partnership? are the press correct when they say that many people are in sexless marriages, and if that's correct is there anything wrong with being in a long term partnership that is sexless.

For me I can't imagine being alive and not feeling sexual, even at 66 I still have fantasies of undressing the cute little hottie downstairs who's got a body to die for.

Many of my male / female friends have no interest in sex, is that healthy? or have they concluded that being sexual is only for young folks?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Yes, sex is a fad. I fully expect it to be replaced someday by a new and perhaps even more exciting fad. That's human nature. We're always looking for something new.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I haven't found that is the case (ok got a few years in me yet). I am considering the older folk i know who tend to be quite active. Maybe its village life, i dont know but i hope to still enjoy a good (if somewhat sedate) romp in the hay when im 96.

Also, not so many homes in France for the elderly but where i lived in the uk there were plenty. There is plenty of sex going on among residents.

Trackdayguy

Do we think this picture is true for many

Attachments

• IMG_6422.JPG
    IMG_6422.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 0

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
There is no doubt that for many folks the older they get the less interest they have in sexual activities. So can feeling sexual be ignited by choice and is motivation determined by our libido.

Speaking as a 66 year old man in a Poly relationship 2 partner sexual experiences has kept my libido burning, but what about those in a monogamous partnership? are the press correct when they say that many people are in sexless marriages, and if that's correct is there anything wrong with being in a long term partnership that is sexless.

For me I can't imagine being alive and not feeling sexual, even at 66 I still have fantasies of undressing the cute little hottie downstairs who's got a body to die for.

Many of my male / female friends have no interest in sex, is that healthy? or have they concluded that being sexual is only for young folks?
Who were the press? How did 'they' say all that about what 'many people are in'?

I've been in the same monogamous relationship/marriage since 1992. As my wife has matured she has got sexier.... and sexier.... I'm 70 and she still amazes me . :)

I go swimming every morning and so I see many men and women swimming their half mile or mile etc and since I started daily swims in 2015 I haven't noticed a single woman who comes close to my Missus.

Is that average? I don't know. ..... have no clues about that.

Trackdayguy

I haven't found that is the case (ok got a few years in me yet). I am considering the older folk i know who tend to be quite active. Maybe its village life, i dont know but i hope to still enjoy a good (if somewhat sedate) romp in the hay when im 96.

Also, not so many homes in France for the elderly but where i lived in the uk there were plenty. There is plenty of sex going on among residents.
Yes, sex is a fad. I fully expect it to be replaced someday by a new and perhaps even more exciting fad. That's human nature. We're always looking for something new.

O my god tell me that isn't true.

Although you did mention something "even more exciting" believe me that will need to be good. In 66 years, I have traveled the world, raced cars, jumped out of light aircraft, had an out the box sex life and been my own boss, so Im struggling to believe what could be better than that.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
O my god tell me that isn't true.

Although you did mention something "even more exciting" believe me that will need to be good. In 66 years, I have traveled the world, raced cars, jumped out of light aircraft, had a out the box sex life and been my own boos, so Im struggling to believe what could be better than that.

Fish and chips eaten from the wrapping paper comes a close second

fish-chips.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I have far less drive than I used to. Probably due to my health issues in addition to my age. I'm not distressed by it. I feel more normal now than I was when a teen.

I noticed when I lose weight, my libedo still increases now and again which to me is a good sign but not enough to drive me crazy. I still like to oogle here and there at times. Heh. Nice to know there are a few oats left. :O)

I have to confess though, for me I find it's actually a relief not to think of sex every day. My mind can focus on other things in life which imo can be just as gratifying and passionate as any roll in the hay.

That's just for old guys like me though. For the young ones have fun guys, just be respectful and responsible.

I think for some, carnal pleasures are perhaps not an outward priority in life (or somehow seen as something primarily for procreation/ not important within their religion)? I also wonder how many people get into relationships just for the sake of not being alone, rather than a burning desire to be with a certain person? I also have to wonder how many people would love to have more sex but don't know how to ask their partner for it!
I know when younger, I was much more repressed about anything to do with sex as even though my family were not overly religious, English society was (and is in some cases) quite prudish when it comes to sex/ masturbation/ the body.
I think maybe couples don't talk enough about sex (as well as doing it) as they are afraid of what their partner might say/ reject their ideas. It should be all about experimentation, trust and honesty- and having fun together! Maybe sometimes there is a mismatch of libido or likes/ dislikes, again needs discussion and a compromise may be found. Maybe that is something a couple is willing to accept as there are other areas of the relationship that make them want to stay together and this is fine too- sex isn’t a priority for everyone ;)
I can safely say that after over 20 years with one person, it couldn’t be better, and gets better every day. As you get older, you have to adapt sometimes (flexibility not what it was for example, lol!), but the Security of being in a long term relationship also gives you an incredible pass to really explore every inch of your sexual being (with the right partner!) and possibly discover things that you never thought were possible. In turn, that keeps you mentally feeling like an over sexed teenager at least :D

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

I think the part of sexual active or not will be very different from person to person. Personally my fianceè and I focus more on the spiritual part of life then about the sex, and that has actually made our relationship much better. But i know that is not something everyone want or can do, and both are natural :)

Mindmaster

Premium Member

Sexual dysfunction as one ages is common, and if the plumbing isn't working neither will be the need for it.

As far as monogamous relationships, yeah they can be plenty active the whole way. I probably have more sex now than I did when I was young -- at least twice the frequency. (Went from say once or twice a week to nearly daily, or even twice a day on occasion.) We got married really young, and if anything the insecurities of that were the largest inhibiting force in our relations. :D Getting older, you just get that right about of IDGAF to not pollute your marriage with the screwy things going outside of it. So, I'd presume that if someone's married a long time they're probably pretty happy in the sack as a rule.

And, that youthful sex is over-rated. It's the worst sex I've had, with or without being married -- and both me and the partner are to blame for that. :D I've devoted myself to pleasing one woman completely and I've done all the homework -- which took years. It's something that requires mastery... I can't even desire more than one partner at this point, because I'd just find it and absolutely inferior experience. Some would argue that how do you know if you didn't play the field? Well, there was a time I did -- but, soon found it a waste time. The best sex you'll ever have is with a long-time partner you love and are fully 100% committed to. That person will do anything you need and you will do anything they need.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you just come here to tell us all about sex and your sex life and just post about sex all the time? It's old.

If you want stronger libido, eat cheese. The saturated fats are used by the body to manufacture testosterone.

Also, dont have sex in the day time, your energy will drop. Do it at night and sleep better.

And thats my two cents.

Skwim

Veteran Member

"Sex at age ninety is like trying to shoot pool with a rope." ~ George Burns

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them

I'm not even sure why I clicked on this being someone who is a sex-repulsed non-libidoist asexual so I can not answer any of these questions...I will however say that there is a wide range of different people and different people experience sexual attraction(or don't experience) differently and have different sex lives(or have no sex lives)...All are perfectly normal

Yeah it's healthy...Some just have no interest.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I'm not even sure why I clicked on this being someone who is a sex-repulsed non-libidoist asexual so I can not answer any of these questions...I will however say that there is a wide range of different people and different people experience sexual attraction(or don't experience) differently and have different sex lives(or have no sex lives)...All are perfectly normal
Just as an FYI, the word "normal" means:

"the usual, average, or typical state or condition."

whirlingmerc

Not typical at all. I think most marriages are not 'sexless' and seems to me there's a problem when that happens
Having multiple partners seems to me to go against oneness - the two shall be one flesh.

One Wiki article says "Sexless marriage has never 'officially' been defined but Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Se...) uses the non-sexual term as being 10 or fewer times per year. That number around 15-20%. From that same article studies say 10% haven't had sex in the last year."

on another subject, marriage is a temporary parable of something permanent: the marriage supper of the lamb - a marriage between Jesus and the bride of Christ, the church