• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does atheism lead to occult, gurus, and strict religion? /question for theists only

does atheism lead to occult, gurus, and strict religion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Atheism can be the adherence between religions. Considering that religion is far more prevalent, there isn't really any reason to assume otherwise. The argument that there are ''more'' atheists, now, could also be false, since it may be a product of simply more noticeable atheist position. In general, we might assume that pockets of atheism will gradually conform to quasi-religious /gurus and such, adherence, to outright strict ''religious'' adherence, when the people brought up with atheism seek /religious meaning, so forth.
We might notice this in microcosm's, actually, example the guru etc fads that fill the space between liberal Christianity/ culturally.

Is atheism the road to occult, gurus, and strict religious adherence?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Voted "Yes" (its true in some cases but not all) but can't unvote now I realise this was for theists only. Opps.
:(

For what its worth...

Secular religion - Wikipedia
Not a problem.

Well, I'm from a ''secular environment'', /although not taught atheism
ie never have had conversations with friends about theism, so forth.
The 'typical' theist response is expected, ''no'', however, perhaps there are theists on the forums who were once atheists ,etc, and could input something besides what probably is the expected answer.
From my background, I could easily think that atheism could be the road to various occult etc, although , if someone is an atheist after a bad religious background or whatnot, they might not think so at all.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I know from personal experience, that a bad Christian experience might be a factor in leading to Satanism, /met a ex-Christian Satanist

David T

Premium Member
Not a problem.

Well, I'm from a ''secular environment'', /although not taught atheism
ie never have had conversations with friends about theism, so forth.
The 'typical' theist response is expected, ''no'', however, perhaps there are theists on the forums who were once atheists ,etc, and could input something besides what probably is the expected answer.
From my background, I could easily think that atheism could be the road to various occult etc, although , if someone is an atheist after a bad religious background or whatnot, they might not think so at all.
Is there such a thing as atheists who who don't have a background in bad religion?

David T

Premium Member
There is that, factor, as well. Although, presumably, some wouldn't/
My dad was a harsh atheist. When I was 14 he told me that the ark was x Cubits by y cubits by z cubits. Since we know that all of the animals in the world even just breeding pairs could not possibly fit into that space that the bible was bunk and so was god!!! As a 14 year old I was baffled I grew up totally clueless to religion it was like " ok he is carrying on some debate with something I have no clue to what he is tAlking about". Now years later I had an experience, I decided to explore and get answers to the nature of that experience. What I discovered religion doesn't deal with that not even aware of that independent of the religious narrative. They don't understand experience they don't understand narrAtive relationships to experience and after going to college etc in theology science is just as clueless. Same university different department. Atheism has some validity but only some validity and they are not any better than religion in aggregate it doesn't exist without religion. If believers magically dissapeared atheism would be a mental disorder. The exact claim atheism sometimes throws at religion.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
My dad was a harsh atheist. When I was 14 he told me that the ark was x Cubits by y cubits by z cubits. Since we know that all of the animals in the world even just breeding pairs could not possibly fit into that space that the bible was bunk and so was god!!! As a 14 year old I was baffled I grew up totally clueless to religion it was like " ok he is carrying on some debate with something I have no clue to what he is tAlking about". Now years later I had an experience, I decided to explore and get answers to the nature of that experience. What I discovered religion doesn't deal with that not even aware of that independent of the religious narrative. They don't understand experience they don't understand narrAtive relationships to experience and after going to college etc in theology science is just as clueless. Same university different department. Atheism has some validity but only some validity and they are not any better than religion in aggregate it doesn't exist without religion. If believers magically dissapeared atheism would be a mental disorder. The exact claim atheism sometimes throws at religion.

Thanks for sharing...

The couple conversations I've had with atheists were generally them saying similar things, basically saying the Bible is false, yada yada. Yes, definitely there isn't much to the arguments, I noticed.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Is there such a thing as atheists who who don't have a background in bad religion?
Absolutely! You are spouting the "no true Scotsman" logical fallacy. There are many atheists (myself included) who are from multiple generations of atheist fore-bearers and have no "background in bad religion."

David T

Premium Member
Absolutely! You are spouting the "no true Scotsman" logical fallacy. There are many atheists (myself included) who are from multiple generations of atheist fore-bearers and have no "background in bad religion."
Isnt that that like saying you aren't related to to chimpanzees because you know how to read and chimpanzees don't? Structurally it makes sense, but is it true, because I never thought Scots ever had good religion at all, or ever understood the bible!!! and what was decent in scotish religion was a pure random accidentialiism mutationb independendent of Scots. Look Scots are so dumb they had to be taught to read and adapt to a religious text started thousands of years earlier in a totally different culture!!!! Now john Muir that was one brilliant absolutely brilliant scot!!! Pure accidentalism random mutation that has zero to do with being scot!!!!! Lol.... btw laugh I am worse with religious folks we all forget to breathe laugh drink beer and play music...it doesn't seem that difficult to me!!! I mean who is dumber than Scots. Oh the english!! And who's even dumber than the English? The irish!!!! We are so dumb we listen to Scots and the English and think they at making sense!!!!

David T

Premium Member
Thanks for sharing...

The couple conversations I've had with atheists were generally them saying similar things, basically saying the Bible is false, yada yada. Yes, definitely there isn't much to the arguments, I noticed.
We all think we are brilliant and have it all figured out. I might say if ya wanna make God laugh tell him you have a plan!!!! There is all kinds of emperical proof daily at what I do for work( construction mamager) that we function not because of ourselves but in spite of our selves. Ken ham and his ark in Kentucky model after an oil tanker with dinosaurs on it and Jesus is proof of Gods existence!!! How does the man wake up in the morning and even get his shoes tied and feed himself let alone get a $100 million dollar project built?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Isnt that that like saying you aren't related to to chimpanzees because you know how to read and chimpanzees don't? Structurally it makes sense, but is it true, because I never thought Scots ever had good religion at all, or ever understood the bible!!! and what was decent in scotish religion was a pure random accidentialiism mutationb independendent of Scots. Look Scots are so dumb they had to be taught to read and adapt to a religious text started thousands of years earlier in a totally different culture!!!! Now john Muir that was one brilliant absolutely brilliant scot!!! Pure accidentalism random mutation that has zero to do with being scot!!!!! Lol.... btw laugh I am worse with religious folks we all forget to breathe laugh drink beer and play music...it doesn't seem that difficult to me!!! I mean who is dumber than Scots. Oh the english!! And who's even dumber than the English? The irish!!!! We are so dumb we listen to Scots and the English and think they at making sense!!!!
Do you know what a "no true Scotsman" fallacy is, or are you just trying and failing to be cute?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Do you know what a "no true Scotsman" fallacy is, or are you just trying and failing to be cute?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing...

Atheists vary. I would call these guys more anti-theist than atheist. My father too was an atheist. Still he was no anti-theist. He loved people, and could care less about religion either way. Basically never spoke about it. I was raised 'nothing' certainly not atheist, but not theist either.

Do we sometimes fall into the same trap of generalizing with atheism, as we do with religion?

David T

Premium Member
Start over calling you a Christian is like calling a 19th century evangelical a Indian. That would make them made. So I won't remotely compare you to a native American.

So I will reframe it all, when you are playing the guitar how do you usually approach it? The question is related to timing. I mean what's your approach?? And the kind of music do you prefer to play?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Start over calling you a Christian is like calling a 19th century evangelical a Indian. That would make them made. So I won't remotely compare you to a native American.

So I will reframe it all, when you are playing the guitar how do you usually approach it? The question is related to timing. I mean what's your approach?? And the kind of music do you prefer to play?
Welcome to ignore.