• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone still believe that the war in Iraq was justified?

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Debunker

I don't know why you said any of the above. You are making arguments that have nothing to do with what I said.
And protect my freedoms? Erm...

My intent is to demonstrate how unwise your remarks are? Nobody believes that America attacked itself, at least not rational people.

Debunker

What do you guys think about Obama ordering the U.S Carriers out of the Mediterranean Sea for the first time in 31 years. I bet most of you did not know this simple fact. But it makes sense then that Iran sent their war ships to the Mediterranean Sea. Does it alarm any of you that North Africa and Israel is now defenseless in terms of American interest?

Liberal and Conservatives should ban together and march on the Washington and demand the fleet return to the Mediterranean now. Oh! Think God for Fox News and Oliver North. No wonder Obama said nothing about Iran and their military movements. The USA is out and Iran is in. We can't stand this politically correct atitude until the terrorist take the Middle East, or can we?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
My intent is to demonstrate how unwise your remarks are? Nobody believes that America attacked itself, at least not rational people.

I don't think my remarks were unwise. And neither did I say that I believe America attacked itself.
The reason why people have the idea that America attacked itself is because of documentaries such as Fahrenheit 9/11 and the Zeitgeist documentary. Stuff like that.
My point is that the idea as a concept in and of itself is not entirely far fetched or impossible. There are numerous examples of leaders who have slaughtered their own people for selfish reasons.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
The only thing that can threaten a nation's freedom are it own politicians.

I think he may be referring to WW2 when America negotiated with Aus to station troops in our land in return for help to fight off the Japanese.
Of course as a result, Australia has had serious pressure from America to comply with its demands ever since, to the point where the government has gone against what the entire country demanded for the sake of pleasing America. Lots of freedom there ;)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
As I understand it, we had no choice but to destroy the Iraqi nation and decimate its people because Saddam hated us for our freedoms. Also, Saddam would have had weapons of mass destruction if only he had had weapons of mass destruction. And last, Saddam would have been in league with Al Qaeda if only he had not feared and hated Al Qaeda as much as he did. For those three very good reasons, and possibly for other just as good reasons -- reasons that are so really really good only a heavy Fox viewer is actually qualified to say just how truly good they are -- we understandably invaded Iraq, murdered over 200,000 of its civilians, left 4 million people chronically homeless, and allowed the looting of a nation. I'd say we done some good in the world.

Pride time! That is, it's plain we Americans done some good. Good? Hell, it was like Normandy all over again! So now it's time for us to sit on our couches, dip our hands deep into our chips bag, lift up our eyes in bovine thankfulness for God and the Fox News Network, and then allow ourselves to be possessed by the thought that we Americans are, of all the world's peoples, the one that is "exceptional".

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I think he may be referring to WW2 when America negotiated with Aus to station troops in our land in return for help to fight off the Japanese.
Of course as a result, Australia has had serious pressure from America to comply with its demands ever since, to the point where the government has gone against what the entire country demanded for the sake of pleasing America. Lots of freedom there ;)

There's an ulterior motive behind everything America has done under the guise of spreading and defending freedom.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
So? Would you let somebody threaten your daddy? GWB's dad was the President of the USA. When you try to kill the President of the USA, what do you expect?
If daddy would have completed the job right the first time, then there wouldn't have been a threat. But let's say someone threatened my dad. Yes I would get them, but I wouldn't ask the city I live in to pay for the expense. I pay for it out of my own pocket.
And Bush Sr. wasn't president at the time. If threats were the reason for the war, then the Bushes would have more wars than they could have handled since I'm more than sure that many other Muslim countries have threatened them in language.

kai

ragamuffin
The US ousted Saddam and what followed was not foreseen and i dont know why! someone should be held accountable for not knowing it would descend into civil war and that the coalition was not prepared for it doing so.
I never believed saddam was in legue with Alqueda. but Saddam was in league with other terrorist groups for decades and its well documented, groups such as Abu Nidal group and The Palestine Liberation front amongst others. Its well known his support for suicide bombers and even paid the families of "Martyrs" The murderer Abu Abbas even held an Iraqi diplomatic passport.

Some people hold the US responsible for every death in Iraq since ousting Saddam i do not. The ousting of Saddam was a golden opportunity for Iraqis unfortunately Civil war ensued and coalition troops were in the unenviable position of acting as Policemen. that should not have happened.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The US ousted Saddamand what followed was not foreseen...

My understanding, Kai, was that what followed was foreseen by many mid-level analysts in both the State Department and the CIA. Their warnings were ignored by the Administration -- especially by Cheney, who went so far as to set up a sort of shadow mini-CIA under his direct control in order to bypass the analysts.

And, even if those reports are not true, I can recall discussing the issue with friends before the invasion took place -- and some of my friends warned that it would turn into a quagmire, that even the friendly Iraqis would turn against us, and that we would be bogged down for years. So, even if a super-smart brain like Dick Cheney couldn't see it, lots of common dolts saw what was going to happen with reasonable accuracy for a forecast.

kai

ragamuffin
My understanding, Kai, was that what followed was foreseen by many mid-level analysts in both the State Department and the CIA. Their warnings were ignored by the Administration -- especially by Cheney, who went so far as to set up a sort of shadow mini-CIA under his direct control in order to bypass the analysts. Then that was a huge maybe even criminal action and cost coalition lives.

And, even if those reports are not true, I can recall discussing the issue with friends before the invasion took place -- and some of my friends warned that it would turn into a quagmire, that even the friendly Iraqis would turn against us, and that we would be bogged down for years. So, even if a super-smart brain like Dick Cheney couldn't see it, lots of common dolts saw what was going to happen with reasonable accuracy for a forecast.

I am not talking about any resistance to coalition troops Sunstone thats kind of taken for granted. What i am talking about is the wholesale slaughter of Iraqis by Iraqis.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What i am talking about is the wholesale slaughter of Iraqis by Iraqis.

And I'm saying that was foreseen by State and CIA analysts. At least according to the New York Times investigative reporter, Seymour Hersh.

kai

ragamuffin
And I'm saying that was foreseen by State and CIA analysts. At least according to the New York Times investigative reporter, Seymour Hersh.

Is there a link to him stating that? or any other sources for that, i am genuinely interested in that.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Is there a link to him stating that? or any other sources for that, i am genuinely interested in that.

It was in an article published within a couple years of when the war began. I'd have to do some hunting to find it.