• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone know what this is??

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Namaste,

It reminds me of one of those necklaces for Lord Shri Hanuman. It reminds me of this:

il_570xN.427876521_cn84.jpg

M.V.

Twilight

मैत्रावरुणिः;3429353 said:
Namaste,

Could they be those for Lord Shri Hanuman?

M.V.
Namaste,

I don't know about necklaces for Lord Hanuman except the story about the pearl necklace.

From what I can see these necklaces are used as amulets that can contain anything meaningful to the wearer. They seem to be particularly popular for use with vedic astrology and individualised 'protection' though... maybe because people will pay more for personalised trinkets?

spiritualhitchhiker

neti, neti, neti
They usually contain Mantras on a script of paper. They are usually worn for protection from evil eye and dangers in life. I don't believe in those.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
mamaskaram :namaste
Namaste, I have seen people wearing this necklace and I've asked two people privately but even they were unsure. I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of necklace this is.

a kavach different traditions use them silghtly differently , I wear one with narasimha kavach inside ( kavach is it self the prayer) but the little silver cilinders just take a small rolled prayer , or other sacred item .

Some astrologers also recomend different kavaches for blessings you will see many people throughout india , nepal , tibet ,iran .... all the way to the north of africa wearing simmilar , allthough many are empty and merely symbolic or decorative , they may even contain dust (sand or earth) from a holy place a freind brought me back vrindarban dust although I dont wear that I have kept it safe in a kavach

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram chinu ji :namaste

Do you want to buy such necklaces ?
They are present in my jewellery store. :)

do you have different sizes and very beautifull ones ?
do you make them for prayers or are they sealed ?

I have ine very old one from nepal it is very fragile so I canot use it it has very very fine filigree decoration in the shape of cheppu , garuda.s brother (a protectior diety)

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
namaskaram chinu ji :namaste

do you have different sizes and very beautifull ones ?
do you make them for prayers or are they sealed ?

I have ine very old one from nepal it is very fragile so I canot use it it has very very fine filigree decoration in the shape of cheppu , garuda.s brother (a protectior diety)

I'm pretty sure he's just joking around trying to be funny. Do you know the name of this necklace? If he is serious I'd really like to buy one lol

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram :namaste
I'm pretty sure he's just joking around trying to be funny. Do you know the name of this necklace? If he is serious I'd really like to buy one lol
no no , he is not joking chinu ji is a jeweller :)

here are some tribal examples from Arunachal Pradesh , the botom one is very tipical of a tibetan prayer box , the middle one you can se the similarity with the modern ones allthough much larger on all tibetan boxws you see this double ended decoration nderneath this is indras diamond thunderbolt , it seems to have dissapeared from the small ones .
5959d2de323876e8dc599f3fea277de0.jpg

f85246306312e6ccbe8fd72af6f06332.jpg

rabari from kutch

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
why rabari's haha ???

Namaste,

They are a group of people, a small ethnicity. They are pretty cool. Times have been tough on them. Plus, they are found in the coolest state, Gujarat...chyeahh! :D

M.V.

Last edited:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram :namaste
मैत्रावरुणिः;3432261 said:
Namaste,

They are a group of people, a small ethnicity. They are pretty cool. Times have been tough on them. Plus, they are found in the coolest state, Gujarat...chyeahh! :D

M.V.

so was a good'' haha'' :D yes rabari are prety cool :namaste
and allways wearing some kind of kavach he wears three squair ones
rabari-1.jpg