• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone have difficulty remembering their dreams?

vijeno

Yes. They are very weird dreams. Not nightmares, So weird I can remember perfectly.
Even today I can describe them.
Interesting! Goes to show how different people are...

I have maybe two or three of those, but I did write them down eventually, so I can't say if I'd still remember them otherwise. One of those got me into dream journalling in the first place.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
The vast majority of times when sleeping, I awaken from a dream, aware that I had a dream, and then within seconds, can't remember a single thing about the dream. Occasionally, I'll remember parts of a dream, but it's getting rarer and rarer as I get older. But the ones I do remember are some of the strangest dreams.

Do you have trouble remembering dreams, or are they easy for you to remember?
I think they are difficult for most to remember. A study suggests that cells that product melatonin concentrating hormone prevent information from being stored in the hippocampus during REM sleep.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to make it easier to remember dreams?
In my experience, journaling helps. If one keeps a notebook by the bedside and immediately documents their dream upon waking, this improves retention or at least provides something that can be referred to later.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The vast majority of times when sleeping, I awaken from a dream, aware that I had a dream, and then within seconds, can't remember a single thing about the dream. Occasionally, I'll remember parts of a dream, but it's getting rarer and rarer as I get older. But the ones I do remember are some of the strangest dreams.

Do you have trouble remembering dreams, or are they easy for you to remember?

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to make it easier to remember dreams?
If I have a dream I want to remember I find it helps if I replay as much of it as I can as soon as I wake up.

Funny you should start this thread today: last night I had a dream that I was reading a poem, and the message in it was something profound and of particular importance to me.

Unfortunately I couldn't remember it when I woke up. :p

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
If I have a dream I want to remember I find it helps if I replay as much of it as I can as soon as I wake up.

Funny you should start this thread today: last night I had a dream that I was reading a poem, and the message in it was something profound and of particular importance to me.

Unfortunately I couldn't remember it when I woke up. :p

Ugh. I hate that