• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does any supernatural god exist?

Does any supernatural god exist?

• Certainly

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Certainly not

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Certainly don't know

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
Yeah, they did not accept him as the messiah and did not make him the King of Jews.
He never wanted to be the 'King of the Jews", because He is the King of the whole world and universe. The Jews wanted to be something special, and when they saw that Jesus embracing Samaritans and Gentiles, they were furious and set out to kill Him.

But no one can prove he exists either :) - but in your own imagination. I'll refer back to my former post on consciousness, being the only fundamental reality we know, the reality that we are - all else is 'imagination'....welcome to the Matrix :)

Also, so far the poll shows a more 'agnostic' view on a 'supernatural god' prevails ......which some would argue is a safer bet of honesty than 'blind faith'? Perhaps. Since I see consciousness as fundamental, I take a more gnostic approach to spirituality, since its 'experiential' and 'personal'...while an agnostic stance can be seen as more honest than just a 'blind faith' or some 'belief' that one has adopted by convention or tradition. - I'll grant true 'faith' can exist in the spiritual sense, by its scriptural definition,......since I still maintain a spiritualist worldview.

To put an even cap on things, I'll say both 'natural' and 'supernatural' things and experiences are perceived by individual souls, as all they have is their 'experience' of those as proof, beyond any matterial forms or evidences. This can apply to many things ;)

~*~*~
Consciousness only exists in your head and nowhere else, hope you enjoy yourself on your magical mystery voyage

But no one can prove he exists either :) - but in your own imagination. I'll refer back to my former post on consciousness, being the only fundamental reality we know, the reality that we are - all else is 'imagination'....welcome to the Matrix :)

Also, so far the poll shows a more 'agnostic' view on a 'supernatural god' prevails ......which some would argue is a safer bet of honesty than 'blind faith'? Perhaps. Since I see consciousness as fundamental, I take a more gnostic approach to spirituality, since its 'experiential' and 'personal'...while an agnostic stance can be seen as more honest than just a 'blind faith' or some 'belief' that one has adopted by convention or tradition. - I'll grant true 'faith' can exist in the spiritual sense, by its scriptural definition,......since I still maintain a spiritualist worldview.

To put an even cap on things, I'll say both 'natural' and 'supernatural' things and experiences are perceived by individual souls, as all they have is their 'experience' of those as proof, beyond any matterial forms or evidences. This can apply to many things ;)

~*~*~
Sorry but I disagree with everything you say. I'm at he polar opposite of the spectrum, so I can wave to you from a distance the the powerful magnetic poles won't allow us to meet

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm a white farmer in Zimbabwe, looking to get out as they keep attacking me. I'm looking to move to the Bahamas
Your citing of Matthew's mention of the (lower case) elect does nothing to justify your claims. Instead it says that the identity of the (lower-case) elect is unknowable until God makes [his] decisions after the Tribulation (which, as I also pointed out, is running two thousand years or so late, something that I consider rather completely saps its credibility as a claim).

In other words, you STILL haven't offered the slightest biblical justification for your "elect" claim. You appear to have no reason for thinking it's correct, other than your wanting to think it's correct.

But here's a question you may be able to answer ─ how much are breeding-age female humans in good condition selling for at your local slave market this week?

Ajax

It's frustrating educating mature people about the basic facts of the Bible. first thing is, the Bible is all about Jesus Christ (who is the One true creator God). Secondly, He came into the world as fully man and fully God at the same time.
If we assume that Jesus is the One true creator God, then we run into major problems.

1) He was the one who told the prophets to write the requirements for Messiah, of which the earthly Jesus accomplished none. So in fact he denied being the Messiah. He also told them to write that the Jewish religion is the only true religion (Zechariah 8:23, Isaiah 2:3, 11:10, 66:23, Micah 4:2-3, Zechariah 14:9).

2) He was also the one who told the prophets to write that no one must die for the sins of others. (Jeremiah 31:30, Ezekiel 18:20). That alone derailed Jesus plan for taking upon him the sins of the world.

3) If Jesus (the God) had made his plan to save the world through his crucifixion and knew that he would be resurrected in three days, it is impossible for him to be unwilling to fulfill his plan (not my will, but yours...), to pray constantly with sweat coming down and to need angel from heaven to support him psychologically. Especially when he was God at the same time as you said and more importantly when simple humans (martyrs) supposedly gave their only life for him, smiling.

4) Let alone that the blond, blue eyed, 6 feet tall, was responsible of all the atrocities described in the OT.

I'm afraid it's a loss-loss situation for you. :shrug:

Last edited:
Your citing of Matthew's mention of the (lower case) elect does nothing to justify your claims. Instead it says that the identity of the (lower-case) elect is unknowable until God makes [his] decisions after the Tribulation (which, as I also pointed out, is running two thousand years or so late, something that I consider rather completely saps its credibility as a claim).

In other words, you STILL haven't offered the slightest biblical justification for your "elect" claim. You appear to have no reason for thinking it's correct, other than your wanting to think it's correct.

But here's a question you may be able to answer ─ how much are breeding-age female humans in good condition selling for at your local slave market this week?
Allow me to put the matter to bed once and for all. Lets see you wiggle out of this one.....

Romans 8:29-30

For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
Ephesians 1:4-6

just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

What are the above talking about, any honest person would see that God chose His Elect Saints before the foundation of the world

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Consciousness only exists in your head and nowhere else, hope you enjoy yourself on your magical mystery voyage
Thank you for solving the hard problem of consciousness, a problem humans have been attempting to resolve for many years.

In all this time of searching, it was in @freelight's head all along.

I accept it...
Didn't Jesus speak to people?

You said it..
I will send you PM where to send the keys...

You are so full of hot air....:laughing::laughing::laughing:
OK, if you're that desperate to win a point then I'll show you mercy as I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to be corrected every single time. So, you get one point and I won't use round figures with you so you'll never get any more free points.

I take back my claim about the 2000 years, the correct number of years is 1991 years, so I was only 9 years off the mark. Please forgive me

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Allow me to put the matter to bed once and for all. Lets see you wiggle out of this one.....

Romans 8:29-30
I'm not the one doing the wiggling here.
Notice, first, how the word 'elect' (upper or lower case) is never used. Note, second, that no limit is placed on the number of those chosen. Note third how that's all in the past tense, has already happened before this was written.

Ephesians 1:4-6
just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

Note, (a) how this has already happened too, (b) how it's predestined, so that no particular personal merit is attached to it, rather it's very like a lottery ticket (c) how this is Paul's Jesus, who like John's Jesus but unlike the Jesus of Mark, the Jesus of Matthew and the Jesus of Luke, pre-existed in heaven and created the material world very much in the manner of the gnostic demiurge ('craftsman'), (d) chapter 17 of John, which in the gnostic manner conceives of God as immensely pure and immensely remote so that an intermediary between material man and spritual God is needed, in both Paul and John meaning Jesus; thus Jesus is at one with God, the believer is at one with Jesus, and the believer is thus at one with God just as Jesus is. And that there are no restrictions mentioned that might distinguish the believer from the (lower or upper case) elect.
What are the above talking about, any honest person would see that God chose His Elect Saints before the foundation of the world
You forget to give me that slave market report.

Ajax

Your entire theology is completely incoherent and messed up. You made the classic fatal error of plucking verses out of their intended context and then misapplying them to make them say what you want them to say. Well I'm here to tell you that is abusing Gods Word for wicked purposes and it's something I would urge you to repent of.

I'm not going to pick apart every scripture you plucked out of it's intended context, sufficed to say you butchered all of them
Is that all you can say?:laughing:
It seems that the only answer you can mumble on any counter claim you get (on any subject) is "your theology is completely incoherent and messed up". If you can not answer valid arguments based on the Bible, you might as well not answer at all, otherwise it's sad to present yourself as totally ignorant of scripture.
Whether you accept/like it or not, the fact remains that if Jesus is God, then he was the one who instructed the prophets what to write. And we can all read what they wrote about the Messiah and about the atonement for sin.

Thank you for solving the hard problem of consciousness, a problem humans have been attempting to resolve for many years.

In all this time of searching, it was in @freelight's head all along.
Elon Musk is actually working on the "hive mind" project. He reckons, were all gonna be connected to a central computer and everyone will be able to see the thoughts of everyone else.
I'm opting out as I don't want to pollute my mind with the thoughts of the depraved reprobate sinners. I'm trying to clean my mind of past sins, so far be it from me, to be mind raped by the thoughts of the reprobate.