• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does a belief in a god show lack of education?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I would imagine, because that is what G-d has ordained :)
Perhaps it's not a good idea to go into the political details.

Suffice to say, that Jesus will return some time soon.
There are not many more signs of armageddon that haven't happened..
..one big sign, is the skyscrapers that have spread all over the planet.
Global air travel, climate-change .. need I go on?

The political details are God supported/supports a Jewish Israel rather than a Muslim Ummah that covers Earth.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
No it doesn't, as has been explained to you exhaustively atheism need be nothing more than the lack or absence of theistic belief.

And this was your original bare claim:

So yes it was absolutely a bare claim.

My rules? What is the point of that claim?

And let me add to that this:

Israel: 8.5 million people, most of them Jewish, but including opposing groups within Israel, even opposition groups allowed to be active members of the Knesset (Israel’s Parliament)
o Egypt: 95.5 million
o Iran: 80 million
o Iraq: 37 million
o Jordan: 9.5 million
o Lebanon: 6 million
o Saudi Arabia: 33 million
o Syria: 18.5 million

Is it, how so? I have no idea what it is you think those stats mean, since you offered no context whatsoever?

Israel, because they they had superior armed forces, butter weapons, were lucky, have powerful allies, etc etc etc. Again what's your point?

My facts about modern Israel support the fulfilled Bible prophecies, not possibly fulfilled apart from divine support:

The Jewish people were to go into diaspora into many nations, be persecuted harshly in each of those nations, while being the intelligentsia of those nations, then be restored to their nation after 2,500 years, in a single day, their enemies surrounding them (after 2,500 years without a nation!), who would then attack them immediately, and over whom they would prevail repeatedly until the Christ returns.

muhammad_isa

The political details are God supported/supports a Jewish Israel rather than a Muslim Ummah that covers Earth.

I see this as mere "family squabbles" between Ishmael and Isaac.
They are basically the same ideologies .. One God .. no pork .. no usury.

Jesus will unite believers. Those that reject him will not be believers. He will preach One G-d. He will not claim to be G-d.

Our prejudices have no bearing on truth.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
My facts about modern Israel support the fulfilled Bible prophecies, not possibly fulfilled apart from divine support:

No they don't, you would need to demonstrate this could only happen by divine intervention for that to factually correct, how are you going to do that exactly?

As I explained, even were we to accept someone made a prediction that was very specific and had no ambiguity, and even were we to accept this happened exactly as described, so what?

All you would have is something you could not fully explain, nothing more. Massively long odds are defied all the time, people win the lottery against massive odds every single day around the world. So what?

Sheldon

Veteran Member

Jesus will unite believers. Those that reject him will not be believers. He will preach One G-d. He will not claim to be G-d.

:rolleyes:

idea

Question Everything
No they don't, you would need to demonstrate this could only happen by divine intervention for that to factually correct, how are you going to do that exactly?

As I explained, even were we to accept someone made a prediction that was very specific and had no ambiguity, and even were we to accept this happened exactly as described, so what?

All you would have is something you could not fully explain, nothing more. Massively long odds are defied all the time, people win the lottery against massive odds every single day around the world. So what?

You have to admit, the 6-day war was pretty miraculous.

Women serving in military alongside men vs. Women forced to wear black and stay home?

I guess we know the reason Israel is still a country :D

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

The ideologies differ in two key ways:

1) Jesus is God, God has no partner

2) Salvation is from trusting God, salvation is from Muslim religious work

Pretty big differences--straight from the sacred texts of each faith.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

The odds of a lottery win are beggared by the odds of Israel fulfilling so many prophecies. Take the 60 prophecies concerning Israel since 1948--make each merely binary and you have 2^60.

muhammad_isa

The ideologies differ in two key ways:

1) Jesus is God, God has no partner

2) Salvation is from trusting God, salvation is from Muslim religious work

Pretty big differences--straight from the sacred texts of each faith.
You are not describing the differences between Judaism and Islam.

You should be. You said:
"The political details are God supported/supports a Jewish Israel rather than a Muslim Ummah that covers Earth."

That is, you were making it all about "a Jewish Israel".
That has nothing to do with your own creed, and everything to do with a Jewish creed.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
The odds of a lottery win are beggared by the odds of Israel fulfilling so many prophecies. Take the 60 prophecies concerning Israel since 1948--make each merely binary and you have 2^60.

Oh dear, you keep ignoring the fact that defying extraordinary odds leaves you with something you can't explain, and nothing more.

Your made up stats are just hilarious, even to me and I'm no mathematician. Where did you copy them from? Does it not strike you as ludicrous to assert how unlikely something is to happen, after it has happened? Just how does adding inexplicable magic from an unevidenced deity make these occurrences more probable events exactly? Occam's razor should give you a clue where your reasoning is going wrong here. As should an understanding of the common logical fallacy argumentum ad ignorantiam.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Oh dear, you keep ignoring the fact that defying extraordinary odds leaves you with something you can't explain, and nothing more.

Your made up stats are just hilarious, even to me and I'm no mathematician. Where did you copy them from? Does it not strike you as ludicrous to assert how unlikely something is to happen, after it has happened? Just how does adding inexplicable magic from an unevidenced deity make these occurrences more probable events exactly? Occam's razor should give you a clue where your reasoning is going wrong here. As should an understanding of the common logical fallacy argumentum ad ignorantiam.

Where did I copy my stats from? The odds of a nation forming then having their enemies immediately attack is, let's say, 1 in 100. I made it 1 in 2 along with other prophecies to allow for sheer chance. For the Bible to be 100% accurate across 60 prophecies is therefore 2^60 IGNORING that the prophecies coming true after 1948 were made millennia before!

Your lottery analogy and statistical analysis ignore prescience.

If I say and it comes to pass, "Sheldon will play the lottery weekly for ten years without returns, but in the eleventh year he will buy a ticket at a Cleveland gas station and win his $1,345,789 portion of the pool . . . " your conclusion would be I had inside information--or manipulated the lottery--or had metaphysical powers of prescience--or was the luckiest person EVER in guessing, because it wasn't "someone has to win the lottery out of millions of participants" (your analogy) but "YOU will with THIS AMOUNT at THIS time in THIS place."

The Bible not only predicted a long diaspora for the Jews without a homeland, it predicted they would return to their homeland in the midst of their enemies in 1948 CE. This extraordinary prescience is inexplicable apart from God--and if you tell me "self-fulfilling prophecy" since it includes wandering under persecution for millennia, I will say you are somewhere between uncaring and anti-Semitic!

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
You are not describing the differences between Judaism and Islam.

You should be. You said:
"The political details are God supported/supports a Jewish Israel rather than a Muslim Ummah that covers Earth."

That is, you were making it all about "a Jewish Israel".
That has nothing to do with your own creed, and everything to do with a Jewish creed.

The Qu'ran says the world belongs to the Ummah. The Bible said Israel would be Jewish again in 1948! The Bible supports and predicted all that is happening in Israel.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Where did I copy my stats from? The odds of a nation forming then having their enemies immediately attack is, let's say, 1 in 100. I made it 1 in 2 along with other prophecies to allow for sheer chance. For the Bible to be 100% accurate across 60 prophecies is therefore 2^60 IGNORING that the prophecies coming true after 1948 were made millennia before!

So you just made them up, thought so.

Your lottery analogy and statistical analysis ignore prescience.

It doesn't ignore prescience, it demonstrates massive odds can be defied without resorting to such superstitious claims.

If I say and it comes to pass, "Sheldon will play the lottery weekly for ten years without returns, but in the eleventh year he will buy a ticket at a Cleveland gas station and win his $1,345,789 portion of the pool . . . " your conclusion would be I had inside information--or manipulated the lottery--or had metaphysical powers of prescience--or was the luckiest person EVER in guessing, because it wasn't "someone has to win the lottery out of millions of participants" (your analogy) but "YOU will with THIS AMOUNT at THIS time in THIS place."

No, I wouldn't guess at what happened, as I've explained and you have ignored, not being able to explain an extraordinary event does not rationally justify leaping to any conclusion.

The Bible not only predicted a long diaspora for the Jews without a homeland, it predicted they would return to their homeland in the midst of their enemies in 1948 CE. This extraordinary prescience is inexplicable apart from God--and if you tell me "self-fulfilling prophecy" since it includes wandering under persecution for millennia, I will say you are somewhere between uncaring and anti-Semitic!

i already addressed this unevidenced claim. Lets assume for the sake of argument these claims were made as stated, and happened exactly as stated, this wouldn't evidence anything, it would just be a series of extraordinary inexplicable events. This doesn't seem to be sinking in for some reason?

Law of truly large numbers...
"Million-to-one odds happen eight times a day in New York" (population about 8,000,000)."

Last edited:

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
So you just made them up, thought so.

It doesn't ignore prescience, it demonstrates massive odds can be defied without resorting to such superstitious claims.

No, I wouldn't guess at what happened, as I've explained and you have ignored, not being able to explain an extraordinary event does not rationally justify leaping to any conclusion.

i already addressed this unevidenced claim. Lets assume for the sake of argument these claims were made as stated, and happened exactly as stated, this wouldn't evidence anything, it would just be a series of extraordinary inexplicable events. This doesn't seem to be sinking in for some reason?

Law of truly large numbers...
"Million-to-one odds happen eight times a day in New York" (population about 8,000,000)."

Not inexplicable. The Bible is prescient with extreme accuracy not once, but hundreds of times or more. Explicable. Put another way, the odds of abiogenesis are likewise extraordinary but atheists say, "But, there's a chance, still, even if it's only 1:50*10^350 . . .

Explicable. You personally would insist I knew something about the lottery in my analogy, you wouldn't personally say, "Oh, just lucky, I guess."