• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doctors Letter - Covid Shutdown Effects

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
still stand by my position. Be careful with the High Risk group
We still don't know who all that encompasses. Elderly, those with compromised immube systems, diabetes, heart disease, but we have absolutely why some people who are outsode of those groups get sick and die. We dont know who those exactly are.
And if we go full open, we can't manage any groups. We need an organized and well manged system right now. We are all struggling, all experiencing pur own hardships in our own ways. Creating conditions to maximize the destructive capabilities of this virus will not work. Some people can work right now. Some can't. Life isnt fair, life isnt easy, and for most of us this is probably going to he as hard as it gets. Thats no reason to abandonbefforts to mitigate the spread and destruction of covid.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
We still don't know who all that encompasses. Elderly, those with compromised immube systems, diabetes, heart disease, but we have absolutely why some people who are outsode of those groups get sick and die. We dont know who those exactly are.
id.

by age:

How The Coronavirus Is Impacting Different U.S. Age Groups [Infographic]

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 3.36.22 PM.png

And having people loose business, jobs, security and peace of mind as well as NO CANCER SCREENINGS - isn't the answer to this problem.

Kenny

Premium Member
These aren't the only risk factors. Of those dying from Covid in the UK, 26% were diabetic,
So... close down all businesses because it affects diabetics? Let suicide rates escalate, businesses go under, people loose jobs, children go without schooling because of Covid?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And having people loose business, jobs,
Those can be replaced. The wellbeing and luves of thise who we do not yet know at risk (it CANNOT be overstated enough that even those who are young and healthy are AT RISK). People focusing on the elderly those not in good health is why we occasionally hear newsarticles about how it turns out young people arent as invincible as once thought (that has never been promoted by science) and shocking headlines about how even young children get covid, and they too get very sick from it and die.
We have no idea or clue as to why. Everyone is basically an "x factor" risk group. This is why we cant just reopen. It must be organized, orderly, amd sorry about your luck we're going to have to give things up for now until we have treatments.

Wandering Monk

So... close down all businesses because it affects diabetics? Let suicide rates escalate, businesses go under, people loose jobs, children go without schooling because of Covid?

Do you have any elderly or diabetics in your family? You can contract and transmit the virus to others even if you don't have the symptoms.

Kenny

Premium Member
Do you have any elderly or diabetics in your family? You can contract and transmit the virus to others even if you don't have the symptoms.
We sure do.. that is why we protect the elderly, those in danger have the sense to stay home or use masks while business people go and make money to pay the rent, mortgage, buy food.

We have sanitizers and masks if we are going to visit someone (just like we use masks and gowns when we go to someone in the hospital that is in critical condition.)

But we don't make you loose your home while we do these things. We don't put the innocent under duress, cause those who need medical treatment (other than covid) suffer while empty beds are there, we don't stop people from cleaning their teeth at the dentist so that they don't loose them later on...

We use.... common sense :)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
1) I believe in helping people but I believe more in helping unborn children.

This is what I don't get. The Right is all about protecting fetuses, but once they're brought into the world both baby and mommy are tossed under the bus, which leads me to believe this "prolife" thing is more about control than it is compassion.

Kenny

Premium Member
This is what I don't get. The Right is all about protecting fetuses, but once they're brought into the world both baby and mommy are tossed under the bus, which leads me to believe this "prolife" thing is more about control than it is compassion.

???

Great statement... but support?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
???

Great statement... but support?

They'll oppose abortion, but they'll also oppose things that prevent unwanted pregnancies such as sex education and birth control, and they also oppose social programs that assist struggling mother's and their babies.

Kenny

Premium Member
They'll oppose abortion, but they'll also oppose things that prevent unwanted pregnancies such as sex education and birth control, and they also oppose social programs that assist struggling mother's and their babies.
No... I don't think you have the whole story correct - although "some" may qualify.

No problem with "birth control" -- just not "forced birth control". If you want it.. get it (Catholic Church doesn't agree - if I am not mistaken) but don't make us "have to give it". And Most have no problem with people using them.. "abortion birth control" is what they are against.
No problem with "sex education" - just not "your opinion about sex education" such as "forget science... if you want to be female (even though science says you are not) - you are a female". or "Marriage is.... pick your choice"
Struggling moms - there are COUNTLESS efforts to help moms and babies.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
No... I don't think you have the whole story correct - although "some" may qualify.

No problem with "birth control" -- just not "forced birth control". If you want it.. get it (Catholic Church doesn't agree - if I am not mistaken) but don't make us "have to give it". And Most have no problem with people using them.. "abortion birth control" is what they are against.
What's "Forced birth control"? Also, most pro-choice people don't think abortion should be a lazy, flippant afterthought.
No problem with "sex education" - just not "your opinion about sex education" such as "forget science... if you want to be female (even though science says you are not) - you are a female". or "Marriage is.... pick your choice"
Regardless of what you think is "opinion" or "scientific", what does gender dysphoria or gay marriage have to do with safe sex or pregnancy?
Struggling moms - there are COUNTLESS efforts to help moms and babies.
With the strings of a religious agenda attached.