• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you see God in Nature?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
A rock is in nature, is god a rock? A neutrino is in the universe, is god a neutrino? Again these terms are too general to specify what your god means. I suspect it is more than this.
The rock and the neutrino are aspects of God, just as the human is.

It's like asking "Rap is music, is music rap?" Well, no. But music encompasses rap.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God is a personification of some aspect or aspects of Nature; a psychological convenience. It puts us into a familiar and comforting parent-child relationship.

Complete artifice, of course. But the vast majority of people are only in Kohlberg's stage II of moral development, and probably need such a crutch.

Da Troof

ER NO!! YOU CANNOT SEE SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T EXIST!

When I look at nature I see nature! That is all anyone can see.

TurkeyOnRye

Against my better instincts, I see god in everything. The branches of a tree, the vastness of the Pacific ocean, the heartbeat of another human being scream to me that there is a spiritual connection in all of us. In truth, the idea that it is all inconsequential and meaningless makes me sad. The only real truth I can find in this life is that I am my own god.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

ER NO!! YOU CANNOT SEE SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T EXIST!

When I look at nature I see nature! That is all anyone can see.
I see things that don’t exist all the time. It’s called imagination and I highly recommend it. ;)

.lava

Veteran Member
When you look at the natural world around you (assuming you live somewhere where the natural world is visible ;-) ) do you see God?

For me, nature is one of the biggest edifiers of my faith.

no i don't. i see the art of God.

Da Troof

fantôme profane;1106122 said:
I see things that don’t exist all the time. It’s called imagination and I highly recommend it. ;)

Nothing wrong with imagination. I just wish theists would accept that they are imagining the existance of their god(s)

God only reveals to those He chooses,therefore to those that he has,they no longer need imagination and are solid believers.