• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you really see all muslims as evil people?

Audie

Veteran Member
Really?
I know of people who don't have a good view on islam, but muslims - the humans? Not that I am aware off. I could be wrong, off course.

No.

No.

Enough.

I'm not aware of any "news" organizations covering Islam.

The " do you really" thing is a really offensive
leading question that reveals more about the questioner than may be intended, or learned
from any answers. At the end, its doubtful
the attitude will have changed.

Seeking confirmation bias works that way.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Why?

I know plenty of atheists who know LOADS more about the bible and christianity then many christians.
Why would you assume that one has to be a believer in order to have knowledge of the religion?
How can a non believer access the wisdom of the religious teaching when they do not believe in it? Personally i think an atheist can learn all the words in the teaching of course. but that does not lead them to the hidden teaching from within.

You may look at it differently of course.

Audie

Veteran Member
Why?

I know plenty of atheists who know LOADS more about the bible and christianity then many christians.
Why would you assume that one has to be a believer in order to have knowledge of the religion?

I am hardly a Bible reader!
Its a common for me to find i know
more than the Christians i talk to.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
He was your best friend and you could not accept this one flaw?

I'm straight and for me too, such would be a major deal breaker.
It would absolutely taint the friendship to the point that I could no longer uphold it.

I would instantly lose any and all respect for him / her. By compulsion, not by choice.

I'ld have the same reaction if he'ld say something similar about black people or jews or whatnot.

There is no place in my life for such hatred.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
How can a non believer access the wisdom of the religious teaching when they do not believe in it?

Because beliefs and knowledge aren't the same thing.

Personally i think an atheist can learn all the words in the teaching of course. but that does not lead them to the hidden teaching from within.

Which is just your belief.

Again, I know plenty of atheists who know loads more about various religions then the people following said religion. In many cases, these people even became atheist as a direct result of their deeper study of the religion in question.

In fact, several polls showed that your average atheist in the US has more knowledge of christianity / the bible then your average christian.

Also, when you speak about "hidden knowledge", what you really mean is mere opinions of the believers.

Audie

Veteran Member
How can a non believer access the wisdom of the religious teaching when they do not believe in it? Personally i think an atheist can learn all the words in the teaching of course. but that does not lead them to the hidden teaching from within.

You may look at it differently of course.

Try this. Do you have any thoughts about LDS,
the origins, teachings, actions by missionaries?

Or, do you need to have been there for every argument to see a dysfunctional relationship in a married couple?

Maybe study the history and politics of,
say, the Philippines to see some wonderful people, some devils, and a difficult place to live?

The thread is not about the "hidden teachings "
Is it?

Its about if we "REALLY" think all Muslims are evil.

Which you surely know is ridiculous .
Uh, right?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Try this. Do you have any thoughts about LDS,
the origins, teachings, actions by missionaries?

Or, do you need to have been there for every argument to see a dysfunctional relationship in a married couple?

Maybe study the history and politics of,
say, the Philippines to see some wonderful people, some devils, and a difficult place to live?

The thread is not about the "hidden teachings "
Is it?
I have no ill thoughts about LDS. I dont belive the same as them, but who i am to say they are wrong?

Audie

Veteran Member
I have no ill thoughts about LDS. I dont belive the same as them, but who i am to say they are wrong?

Try reading what I said??

I did not ask about " ill feelings "

Do you have any impressions or observations or opinions of any sort at all?

If not, try the next item.

But keep in mind your thread is not about so called " hidden meanings " but some sort of vicious bigotry / hatred against. All Muslims.

Which I asked if yiu REALLY believe any but a few psychos are like that.