• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you prefer a pencil?Or pen to write with?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Do you prefer a pencil?Or pen to write with?For me pen.:)
Depends what I am doing. Pencil for temporary, or where I may want to change what I have written, pen for permanent.

For instance I use pencil for marking up a score I am singing from, as I may need to alter the markings, but pen for the notes I jot down in the course of admin tasks and correspondence, in case I may want to refer to them later.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Depends, pencil for drawing although i will occasionally draw in ink. Pen for correspondence that must be hand written as opposed to print out.

Here is a little something i learned over time. Unless deliberately erased, pencil lasts longer than ink. So when you are getting autographs signed, ask them to use pencil because ink will fade after a few years

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Definitely pens. I'm left-handed and so that causes the graphite from the pencil to be smeared on the paper and all over my hand, so I never liked pencils. My hand was always stained in elementary school.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes, that happens, too. Ink is easier to deal with than graphite, imo.
I would not really know. I had very sensitive hearing at that age and the sound of a pencil writing was too irritating for me. Others using pencils were far enough away, but you can't get more than an arm's length away from your hand.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I have nerve compression in both hands, so pens are easier on my hands and cause less pain because of requiring less pressure while writing.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Pens stay the same size. Pencils don't with exceptions to the mechanical ones with refillable graphite.