• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Love People?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Do you love people?
There are some people I love. There are some I love a great deal.
However, I do not believe in even trying to "love everyone" and think the idea is actually quite silly and potentially dangerous. I like a great many people, lots and lots of people, but love - that is pushing it. That said, I do not hate ANYONE. In my view, in order to hate, to truly hate something, you would have to have first loved them. Fortunately, that has never happened to me. That said, there are individuals that do not give me much pleasure - and we will leave it at that.

Sgloom

theres a handful of friends i love and care deeply for, including my immediate family and my ex-girlfriend whose my best friend as of now. i like people in general, but love is a pretty strong word, i dont want to waste it on strangers or mere acquintances

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
There's something I am having trouble understanding: Do some of you believe that the more people you love, the less you will love each person, so you only love a few?

I don't understand it because my love gets stronger when I have more people to love, rather than weaker.

Rakhel

There are a few people that I love wholeheartedly. There are those I don't mind being around, but can't say I love them. There are some that I will say "Hi." to and leave it at that.

Then there are the one that make me think that everything that is wrong with this world is because these few exist.
Like the black guy on the subway who was ****** that this black girl in a hoodie would say hi to him. So he started ranting and raving about how black women are stupid and moneygrubbers and he prefers white women because they know their place. Going on about a mile a minute in a crowded subway car, just talking. I got tired of it and asked, "Do you know how to breathe? You haven't shut up long enough to take a breath. So do you know how to breath?"

Or the girl on the bus today. Before even stepping off the bus, she starts talking about the guy that was sitting next to her. Loud enough for everyone to hear. I asked her, why she couldn't wait to get off the bus before she started talking behind a person's back. She was shocked that I "got in her business." Well she made it my business by broadcasting it before she left the bus.

OR the idiot that wouldn't tell me what job I was applying for, yet demanded my phone number. Then got ****** because I demanded details.

OR everybody who's job it is to say, "it's not my fault. It is my supervisor's fault."

I think I'll stop right there.

Splarnst

I don't recall hearing it very often before.

I love humanity. I tend to find individual humans, however, very annoying. I find myself annoying, too.