• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you judge girls/women by the clothes they wear?

Flappycat

It doesn't matter, Kreeden. Today, supershort shorts are in. Tomorrow, it'll be thongs. One of these days, they'll be running about stark naked, save for head-to-toe body paint, and us guys will still be required to wear our hijab.

Flappycat

Oh, and, Dawny, you really don't want to bother with the short shorts. Exposed skin sticks to leather couches like crazy glue on hot days. We'd have to scrape you off with a spatula and haul you to the hospital. Well, that's what I'd say to a teenaged daughter if I had one.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Flappycat said:
It doesn't matter, Kreeden. Today, supershort shorts are in. Tomorrow, it'll be thongs. One of these days, they'll be running about stark naked, save for head-to-toe body paint, and us guys will still be required to wear our hijab.

Already have mine picked out . :)

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Flappycat said:
Exposed skin sticks to leather couches like crazy glue on hot days. We'd have to scrape you off with a spatula and haul you to the hospital. Well, that's what I'd say to a teenaged daughter if I had one.

LOL! Yeah, I'm going to have to file that away for future reference.

As for me...I don't even wear shorts.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
In general public areas I just sometimes wonder if she forgot to put more clothes on that morning... (at Warped Tour yesterday I saw someone wandering around in just a bra! I was wondering if she forgot her shirt that morning in her excitement to get there or just lost it crowdsurfing or in a mosh pit somewhere... :eek:)
You go to Indiana for that, or did they also have it in your area the same day? Thought about going to Warped just to go, even though I'm not much for the punk rock, but I went to Ozzfest last week instead. But it is likly she either took her shirt off once in the gates, or got it ripped off while crowd surfing.

I really don't care what other people are wearing. Allthough I think its tastless for young girls to wear skimpy clothing, and for guys to walk around without a shirt. I really don't judge people by the clothes, but most others do. My brother refuses to take his oldest daughter (shes 14 or 15) out anywhere when she visits because of the way she dresses, and its the only clothes she has, and her mom doesn't care.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
You go to Indiana for that, or did they also have it in your area the same day? Thought about going to Warped just to go, even though I'm not much for the punk rock, but I went to Ozzfest last week instead. But it is likly she either took her shirt off once in the gates, or got it ripped off while crowd surfing.

I went in Pittsburgh. I reeeeeally loved how every stage was over a different hill. Hiking over the hills all day with my cane was so tiring, but Warped Tour was worth it even though I really only went for my friend's band, Anti-Flag. :D

I really don't care what other people are wearing. Allthough I think its tastless for young girls to wear skimpy clothing, and for guys to walk around without a shirt. I really don't judge people by the clothes, but most others do. My brother refuses to take his oldest daughter (shes 14 or 15) out anywhere when she visits because of the way she dresses, and its the only clothes she has, and her mom doesn't care.

Her mom not caring is incredibly sad. How is your niece about her body image? I can't imagine dressing like that is healthy for her... :(

alex-f

It's always nice to see a girl taking a bit of time over how she looks. It does depend on how "provacatively" they are dressed though; some girls go out looking like hookers...while it is their choice it does say something negative about them.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Faint said:
This came up in the "rape due to dress" thread so I thought I'd branch off here...

If you see a young woman dressed provacatively, what do you usually think? If she has a lot of skin exposed (let's say in general public areas--not the beach) do you tend to think of her as trashy, or a ****, or not worth talking to?
No, I treat anyone I meet the same way. Strangely enough, a week or two back, my wife son and I passed a girl walking doen the street; I thought nothing of her, but my son said "Well, it's obvious what she does as a living!"........he may have been right.......I wouldn't know.

Guys/lesbians: are you more attracted to girls who wear such outfits?
If she looks nice, sure.

What about girls who wear more conservative outfits? Do you think of them as "prudes" or uptight?
No, not at all.

And what about the girls who don't seem to give a damn (you know...the ones who show up to class in sweat pants and a baggy t-shirt). What do you think of them?
I don't honestly think I look at the clothes anymore; I usually look at the face, the hair, the eyes.far more telling.
Do you think a girl who spends more time/effort in looking stylish (not necessarilyprovacative) is usually a better catch than one who doesn't have any fashion sense?

I haven't a clue. I have never caught one!:D

All around, do you think fashion defines the woman?

I personally don't think so; it seems shallow to me to think that (but that is my way, and it is right for me).

DeadVegas

beckysoup61 said:
I think whatever a girl wants to wear is her darn business. I for one enjoy dressing in bellbottoms, 60's band shirts and psychdelic fabric clothing. Does that make me not pretty? Or prudish?
It makes you totally awesome. :D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Her mom not caring is incredibly sad. How is your niece about her body image? I can't imagine dressing like that is healthy for her... :(
She apparently doesn't care, or doesn't realise the stigmas of dressing like that all the time. Shes 13 I think, and likes wearing very tight and small tops, micro-mini skirts, and cameltoes. My brother was NOT happy when she came over for his visitation weekend dressed with that.