• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have a question about God?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
How is this rediculous? It's a very reasonable comparison to religion. You never answered my question... How is this story more rediculous? Religion and god are creations of the human mind, as is my oreo god, and both have no evidence to maintain their existence. The only difference is that on a sociological level, my "religion" is in the minority.

I will pray for you.

TruthaboutGod

I wouldn't take this as a compliment. The fact that you made an impression in no way indicates that you made a positive impression.

Have you ever heard the saying: "There is no such thing as bad publicity"? By me not posting in a year, and yet on the first day I post he/she remembers me, and takes his/her time to let me know that, it justifies my time spent here. My task here is not to get you to "like" me. I do not care if you have a positive or negative opinion of me, as this does not effect me.

My task is to provide the Truth to people that seek it, I can give you the Truth, but I cannot make you accept it. Once I provide you with the Truth, my mission is a success! You can make all the hateful or negative comments you want, it is of no importance.(You seriously cannot think this is the only forum I post on, or that I have not seen my fair share of hate or ignorance.)

Look at your post for example, why make the comment? This thread was put here to answer questions about God, yet you have no question, but you post anyway. There are quite a few people that post in ignorance thinking that they will somehow degrade me or make me depressed.(This actually is entertaining, although that may be in an evil way, I am still a man and yes I still sin.) I want to help YOU, but you will not help yourself. If you do not have a question about God, why post? I do not know how old you are but I am 40, and I can tell you that our physical life is extremely short. Why waste your time here in this thread with me, am I that important to you? Please, life is so short, ENJOY it! :)

TruthaboutGod

Most people who crave attention do not care whether it is positive or negative.

The easiest way to avoid people that crave attention is too ignore them. The easiest way to ignore someone is to not communicate with them. The easiest way to not comunicate on a forum is to not post...

TruthaboutGod

What evidence do you have for this?

In all likelihood, "he" does not exist, so the answer would be, "none".

Again, none.

Yes.

Many reasons. Most recently, to ask for money.

Because I'm a starving college student.

1. My task is to convey, not convince. What evidence do you have that you can think?
2. You ask your father for money, yet you do not know that your Father has an unlimted supply?
3. If you are a starving college student, why are you in college?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Have you ever heard the saying: "There is no such thing as bad publicity"? By me not posting in a year, and yet on the first day I post he/she remembers me, and takes his/her time to let me know that, it justifies my time spent here. My task here is not to get you to "like" me. I do not care if you have a positive or negative opinion of me, as this does not effect me.

My task is to provide the Truth to people that seek it, I can give you the Truth, but I cannot make you accept it. Once I provide you with the Truth, my mission is a success! You can make all the hateful or negative comments you want, it is of no importance.(You seriously cannot think this is the only forum I post on, or that I have not seen my fair share of hate or ignorance.)

Look at your post for example, why make the comment? This thread was put here to answer questions about God, yet you have no question, but you post anyway. There are quite a few people that post in ignorance thinking that they will somehow degrade me or make me depressed.(This actually is entertaining, although that may be in an evil way, I am still a man and yes I still sin.) I want to help YOU, but you will not help yourself. If you do not have a question about God, why post? I do not know how old you are but I am 40, and I can tell you that our physical life is extremely short. Why waste your time here in this thread with me, am I that important to you? Please, life is so short, ENJOY it! :)

I will pray to our Mechanical Overlords for you. You are obviously misguided by not believing in them, however, you do not seem to be a bad person, so I will vouch for you. Hopefully, I can convince them to spare you an eternity of suffering on the Spike of Pain. But, I implore you, fall to your knees this instant and beg for the forgiveness of Mechanitron and the lesser Machine Gods.

TruthaboutGod

True, but when confronted with this kind of religious person, who I consider to be the lowest of the low (trying to convert people to his craziness to sell books? Really?) I can't suppress the urge to take potshots.

See the Truth comes out :) As I have stated I am not religious, or would you label me as a Jew, Christian, or Muslim? Have you promoted yourself to such a high position in life that you can now dictate what religious tags people are forced to wear? While I respect your Freedom, it seems that you want to violate mine.

I am trying to convert you to what? What have I asked you to change? I answer your questions yet, to the best of my knowledge, you have not bought the book, does this not invalidate your argument? When you go to the library and read the book for free, have you bought the book? You take pot shots at others, did you ever think that this may be partially the reason that you are a starving college student?(By your own description.)

TruthaboutGod

1. Good to know. :)
  2. So God is not "good," but He is "just". Are you saying He wants everyone to get what they deserve? Rewarding those who are good and punishing those who are evil?
  3. I would define evil as something that is a cause or source of suffering, injury, or destruction. I would think Satan would be the personification of that. Is he?
  4. How did God give you this truth?
Evil Does God battle against Satan? Are they in opposition?

1. Awesome!
2. God is God, and yes He is a Just God. In the end, yes everyone gets what they deserve.
3. Sin is anything that attempts to suppress God's Plan, righteousness is anything that promotes God's Plan.
4. Actually for the first 38 years of my life I was an agnostic bordering on an atheist. It has only been in these last three years that I have come to accept reality. It all started one day, believe it or not, at Walmart.(LOL, yes that is the truth.) I was passing the book section, and had a very strange feeling. Have you ever had the feeling that someone was watching you? It was kind of like that but I did not feel someone was watching me, I had the feeling that I had to DO something.

As I was looking through the books, there was the Bible, again I had a feeling that I must buy it. I know it sounds crazy, because I did not believe in God, why the heck would I buy a Bible? My children were with me and they were literally in a state of shock. I had a lot of questions about life and it just felt like I was being told that all the answers were in this book. Quite a few months later, after reading the Bible, and the Qur'an and many, MANY conversations with God, I wrote the book. What is really odd is the fact that the first time my wife read the book, she said that she did not believe I wrote the book. I have actually had to read the book many times to understand everything that is in it, and even now I still look it over. All the forums that I post on, all the questions that are asked, the vast majority of the time, I just do a copy and paste from the book. In fact to answer your question I will grab another quote from the book...

Surah 17:85
They ask you concerning the Spirit of inspiration. Say: “The Spirit comes by command of my Lord: of knowledge it is only a little that is communicated to you, O men!
*God communicates with who He wishes, not with who YOU wish.*

Surah 29:18
“And if you reject the message, so did the generations before you: and the duty of the Messenger is only to preach publicly and clearly.”
*Many were those before you that rejected the Truth, and many of those after you will do so as well.*

Matthew 23:34 (Jesus speaking)
"Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city,"
*Mankind mostly rejects the Teachers that God provides.*

John 8:38 (Jesus speaking)
"I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your father."
*Jesus was taught by God,(His father) the people would only listen to what was taught to them by their fathers.(Their physical fathers.)*

That is a C&P of some scripture from page 16 and 17, the words between the asterisks are my personal notations, to help better understand the scripture for the readers.

5. No, God does not battle against satan. satan knows of God,(obviously) and his mission is to show God that he is better then man, thus he pulls us away from God. The Qur'an shows exactly what had happened, I will C&P again to explain...

Surah 38:71-85
Behold, your Lord said to the angels: “I am about to create man from clay”:
“When I have fashioned him in due proportion and breathed into him of My Spirit you fall down in obeisance to him.”
So the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together:
Not so Iblis: he was haughty, and became of those who reject Faith.
Allah said: “O Iblis! What prevents you from prostrating yourself to one whom I have created with My hands? Are you haughty? Or are you one of the high and mighty ones?”
Iblis said: “I am better then he: You created me from fire, and him You created from clay.”
Allah said: “Then you get out from here: for you are rejected, accursed.
And My curse shall be on you till the Day of Judgment.”
Iblis said: “O my Lord! Give me respite till the Day the dead are raised.”
Allah said: “Respite then is granted to you –
Till the Day of the Time Appointed.”
Iblis said: “Then, by Your power, I will put them all in the wrong –
Except Your Servants amongst them, sincere and purified by Your grace.”
Allah said: “Then it is just and fitting – and I say what is just and fitting –
That I will certainly fill Hell with you and those that follow you, - every one.
*Iblis became satan, because he rebelled against God. Notice that the power that satan uses against man, "temptation", caused Iblis to rebel in the first place. Coincidence? I think not. Again, as in the Bible, you will notice that God "breathed into him of His Spirit", yet further showing that your Soul is a literal Part of God. You have now seen that this is stated in ALL Three of God's Words, yet you will still find ignorance on this topic in mankind.*

TruthaboutGod

Okay, so, let's say hypothetically I believe in Orie, the oreo cookie god. He creates the world's oreo cookie supply, and our only salvation is to stuff our face with oreos. However, I don't have any physical evidence that supports his existence, other than the fact that oreo cookies do in fact exist. So here's my question:

Without any physical evidence to support your claims, how is your version of god more valid and reasonable than my version?

1. I would simply take you to the oreo cookie factory, see:

Oreo - NabiscoWorld

The actual factory is here:

Oreo Cookie Factory - (978) 682-4567 - Lawrence, MA 01840 - Reviews | CitySquares

2. Remember it is my task to convey, not convince. You know the classic picture of someone riding a donkey with a carrot on a stick in front of the donkey? You know the donkey forever chases the carrot? You can scream all you want at the donkey that he is being stupid, but you cannot violate his freedom and stop him from chasing the carrot. (Freedom is God's Greatest Gift to mankind.)

P.S. Hopefully you understand that I am not calling you a donkey, it was just the only example that I could think of. In fact I was the donkey for 38 years :)

TruthaboutGod

Now you're just being ridiculous. This is so silly it doesn't even deserve a response (so, it's quite convenient that there isn't one).

As a man, I must have sleep. I am awake now and have responded to his question :) In fact I do like oreo cookies! (However Chips Ahoy are slightly better.)

science_is_my_god

Philosophical Monist
I will pray for you.
:biglaugh:Hahaha aparently you'e not taking this as serious as I am...
1. I would simply take you to the oreo cookie factory, see:

Oreo - NabiscoWorld

The actual factory is here:

Oreo Cookie Factory - (978) 682-4567 - Lawrence, MA 01840 - Reviews | CitySquares
Great. Now give me god's address and we'll call it even...

2. Remember it is my task to convey, not convince.
Before you can relay anything to me, you must convince me to actually give a flying #%&@.
You know the classic picture of someone riding a donkey with a carrot on a stick in front of the donkey?

Carrot = reality

Donkey = Mankind

Stick = Religion

Last edited:

GiantHouseKey

Thank you for your responses:

If you hear voices inside of your head, see a Doctor.

What you are referring to is Scizophrenia, an illness which I am nearly certain I don't have. What I am referring to is Aeyic Sentience. I suppose you've never thought? Read without speaking? Ever heard 'The voice of yourself'?

3. No, No, No, "Simply a Prophet" would be an understatement, however He was not God Himself. No. The prophets in the book of acts preformed many more miracles then Jesus did but Christians do not worship them.(There is no such thing as a "Miracle", but that is another topic, I use the term since you are familiar with it.) The body of Jesus is no different then your body, the Soul of Jesus, which is the very Essence of God, is no different then your Soul.
This isn't a great backing for your claim. From what you say, Jesus is much less than 'Simply a Prophet'. He's just any other man. Would you like to clear this up?

5. satan(I do not capitalize the "s" regardless of grammar) was an Angel of God with the name of Iblis. The best source of this information is also in the Qur'an, here is a C&P from the book on this topic:
Seems rather childish to ignore grammatical conventions to make way for your petty vendetta, even if Satan does exist as the antropomorphised being you claim.
Another question then: Why do you decide not to capatalise the initial character in a proper noun? Does God suggest you should ignore grammatical correctness or are you just immature?
6. You would have to be a little more specific here.
Certainly, I apologise for any difficulties my post caused for you in your answer. I'm going to find it difficult to reword my question, however, due to the intrinsic simplicity it original entailed:
Omnipotence is paradoxical. By which I mean that it cannot exist based on the laws of logic. How can you justify the claim that God has omnipotence if the probability of omnipotence is nil. Even the idea of omnipotence is impossible, but when it is applied to a sentient, personal entity, the characteristic is even more ridiculous. Can you give me 'God's Word' on the matter?

P.S. Here are the chapters from the book, seems you ask questions that are all addressed :)
Thank you for your references. However, as I (And I would imagine most people) do not own a copy of your book it is incredibly hard to read these references.

Thank you for your time

GhK.

TruthaboutGod

:biglaugh:Hahaha aparently you'e not taking this as serious as I am...Great. Now give me god's address and we'll call it even...

Before you can relay anything to me, you must convince me to actually give a flying #%&@.

Carrot = reality

Donkey = Mankind

Stick = Religion

1. God lives in Heaven.
2. It is my task to convey, not convince. If you do not care about the answer to the question, why ask the question?

TruthaboutGod

Thank you for your responses:

What you are referring to is Scizophrenia, an illness which I am nearly certain I don't have. What I am referring to is Aeyic Sentience. I suppose you've never thought? Read without speaking? Ever heard 'The voice of yourself'?

This isn't a great backing for your claim. From what you say, Jesus is much less than 'Simply a Prophet'. He's just any other man. Would you like to clear this up?

Seems rather childish to ignore grammatical conventions to make way for your petty vendetta, even if Satan does exist as the antropomorphised being you claim.
Another question then: Why do you decide not to capatalise the initial character in a proper noun? Does God suggest you should ignore grammatical correctness or are you just immature?
Certainly, I apologise for any difficulties my post caused for you in your answer. I'm going to find it difficult to reword my question, however, due to the intrinsic simplicity it original entailed:
Omnipotence is paradoxical. By which I mean that it cannot exist based on the laws of logic. How can you justify the claim that God has omnipotence if the probability of omnipotence is nil. Even the idea of omnipotence is impossible, but when it is applied to a sentient, personal entity, the characteristic is even more ridiculous. Can you give me 'God's Word' on the matter?

Thank you for your references. However, as I (And I would imagine most people) do not own a copy of your book it is incredibly hard to read these references.

Thank you for your time

GhK.

1. O.K. Have I ever heard the voice of inspiration? Of course that is how God communicates with me.(Mostly, I have witnessed signs, but those are more of a personal nature.) I just meant that I have never heard a voice that was not my own.

2. Jesus was Divinely Created by God, to teach mankind about God. Jesus was "A" Son of God, but not "The" Son of God. Mankind is "The" Son of God. Here is a quote by God:

Revelation 21:6-7
And He said to me, It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of LIFE freely to him who thirsts.
He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and HE shall be my SON.

3. I will not argue against the ignorance of man, after all I am a man. However I still will not capitalize the name of satan.

4. Just immature.
5. God is not restricted by man's laws of logic. As God is God, would God not be the purest form of logic? Man use to believe that it was logical that the earth was flat, the earth was at the center of the universe, etc... Man is in a constant state of evolution, therefore man is in a constant state of defining logic, or what is, and what is not, logical.
6. I showed the contents to give you a better understanding of the knowledge I have, thus you can ask more questions.

Sleepr

Usually lurking.
4. Actually for the first 38 years of my life I was an agnostic bordering on an atheist. It has only been in these last three years that I have come to accept reality. It all started one day, believe it or not, at Walmart.(LOL, yes that is the truth.) I was passing the book section, and had a very strange feeling. Have you ever had the feeling that someone was watching you? It was kind of like that but I did not feel someone was watching me, I had the feeling that I had to DO something.

As I was looking through the books, there was the Bible, again I had a feeling that I must buy it. I know it sounds crazy, because I did not believe in God, why the heck would I buy a Bible? My children were with me and they were literally in a state of shock. I had a lot of questions about life and it just felt like I was being told that all the answers were in this book. Quite a few months later, after reading the Bible, and the Qur'an and many, MANY conversations with God, I wrote the book. What is really odd is the fact that the first time my wife read the book, she said that she did not believe I wrote the book. I have actually had to read the book many times to understand everything that is in it, and even now I still look it over. All the forums that I post on, all the questions that are asked, the vast majority of the time, I just do a copy and paste from the book. In fact to answer your question I will grab another quote from the book...

Good afternoon. As I understand your post, you've spent time studying the texts, and you base your assertions of truth on the information therein? Have you spent any time performing an objective analysis of the texts; their sources, their redactions, their compilations, etc.? Is so, what findings do you believe tend to support the veracity of the information within the texts?

TruthaboutGod

Does God kill the innocent?

1. This is a reference to our physical life here on earth? If it is, then I would say of course. Do you feel the Creator cannot destroy what He has created? Is there something that man creates that he does not destroy? God takes no pleasure in death though, the action that He takes always conforms to His Plan. Here is a copy and paste from the book. (Page 209)

A further explanation is in
Ezekiel 33:17-19
Yet the children of your people say, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair.’ But it is their way which is not fair!
When the righteous turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, he shall die because of it.
“But when the wicked turns from his wickedness and does what is lawful and right, he shall live because of it."
*Who are the created to judge the Creator?*

God has no feeling of vengeance when a man dies, no feeling of relief or happiness, regardless how evil or wicked that person was. If God were to feel this way, then this would show malice, which is a trait that God does not posses. In Ezekiel we can find further proof of this:
Ezekiel 18:32
“For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord God, “Therefore turn and live!”
*Why would God create something, then take pleasure in it's destruction? This is a trait of mankind, of wickedness, of sin, not a trait of God.*

And again in the Bible, for even more clarification, God swears by His Own Existence:
Ezekiel 33:11
Say to them: ‘As I live,’ says the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel
*Surely as God is Life, He takes pleasure in Life, therefore live and do not set your eyes on your own destruction.*

TruthaboutGod

Good afternoon. As I understand your post, you've spent time studying the texts, and you base your assertions of truth on the information therein? Have you spent any time performing an objective analysis of the texts; their sources, their redactions, their compilations, etc.? Is so, what findings do you believe tend to support the veracity of the information within the texts?

As a man, I am curious. Any man that "thinks" must have thousands, if not millions, of questions about God. If you read the Words of God, the vast majority of these questions will be answered. While reading the Words of God, if I had any "problems", I simply prayed. There were only a very few questions which I did not receive the answer for, these questions I do not discuss.

I guess for an agnostic or an atheist it is rather easy to question the validity of the Words of God. But I understand that they were written by men, and men make mistakes. However God has insured that the Books are filled with the Truth, the only problem seems to be that every man wants to make his own interpretations. This is the origin of the conflicts of religions.

If you have a question, and I do not know the answer, I ask God. There have been a few cases where I do not get an answer back, however it always seems that the answer would have been meaningless anyway. For example: "Which son lay on the altar of Abraham to be sacrificed"?(This was one of the questions that I asked God that was not answered.) Jews say Isaac, Muslims say Ishmael, Bible says Isaac. But does it even matter? Mankind constantly causes conflict, just so one can say to the other: "I am right and you are wrong". I do not care which son laid there, do you?

GiantHouseKey

3. I will not argue against the ignorance of man, after all I am a man. However I still will not capitalize the name of satan.

4. Just immature.

Wow...Ok...Well thank you for being honest...

5. God is not restricted by man's laws of logic. As God is God, would God not be the purest form of logic? Man use to believe that it was logical that the earth was flat, the earth was at the center of the universe, etc... Man is in a constant state of evolution, therefore man is in a constant state of defining logic, or what is, and what is not, logical.
At no point in time has man considered it logical to believe the earth was the center of the universe, or that the earth of flat (You're forgetting it was generally Christians who thought this, and by their nature, they're not usually too keen on logic). In fact, people just thought this because they had no evidence and therefore no way of proving it at the time (Just like we have no way of proving God exists - It's a similar principle).
I fully agree with your point that logic and science are advancing. However, we have come to a time where we have a system that is great enough to sufficiently catagorise any infinity paradox as impossible.

Ok, assuming you consider God to be a personal entity that is literally sentient, let's also assume your condition of omnipotence. God can create literally anything and everything (Fair enough). Therefore, God can create an object which he cannot destroy. And God must also be omnipotent at all times placing no restrictions on his own omnipotence. Can you explain this one for me?

I understand that my stance is rather single-sided, but please understand I am not trying to undermine your supposed authority on God, rather, I am trying to understand how your 'Truth' can literally be so.

GhK.