• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have a burial plot?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I was just thinking that I might want to buy a spot by my mom, because I'm not sure what they'll do with my body, and I want to make sure it's taken care of, and I don't want to leave that burden for others.

Do you have a spot picked out? Is it paid for? How much do they typically cost?

I think I'll just donate my body to science. I can be a cadaver at a medical school.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I haven't thought about me too much, well, hopefully sooner than later. When my aunt passed away, we cremated her. However, NONE of my other family members helped my mother with the bills or anything. We didn't have a funeral because it was so expensive but we found it more meaningful to spread some of her ashes on my grandmother (her mother's) grave. The only thing they did help us with was my other aunt created invitation cards with her sister's brief history. She has more money than my mother and didn't help worth a dime.

I do want to be cremated since burial plots are expensive to keep up. Hopefully, I can discipline myself to keep money aside so if I die before my mother, she doesn't have to worry about insurance, urns, and cost for cremations. I figure I won't be here anyway; so, it's not for me but for her.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
UpHellyAa7%28AnneBurgess%2930Jan1973.jpg

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My wife and I have cremation niches near a beautiful garden area with a bench in front at a local cemetery. It's paid for as we've had it for over 20 years now. I don't remember the cost but it was much less expensive than having a plot.